First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I Can't freakin believe this!! Me, my wife and our son went out of town today to visit relatives two hours away. I got back at 7:00 tonight to find out that my xA came in today! If I had been home, I'd have my car right now. Plus I'd have it to goof around with all day tomorrow after church. Now I have to wait until after work on MONDAY. Dang.....I think I'm using some vacation time and taking Monday off.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member

It's ok. Don't worry about it. I know how it feels waiting for the car. Shoot, the dealership told me my car would come between the 19th to the 23rd of November. I had to stay home and wait for their call the whole time. When they did call me, it was on the 23rd, which wasted my time. So yea, I say you should take Monday off and have fun with it. =) Btw, what color is your xA?
Old 12-04-2004, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

how long did it take for it to come in total? you should feel lucky cause mine took 2 months...and you can't stand to wait a few more days! hehe
Old 12-04-2004, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member

I had to wait 4 days for my car. I know I should feel lucky cos some of my friends had to wait 2 months for theirs. But yea, I'm just impatient.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They placed the order on Moday, so it was....ummm....6 days. Oh and I got the phantom gray. I can't wait. :D
Old 12-05-2004, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member

I just love that color. :D
Old 12-05-2004, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, my favorite on an xA. :D
Old 12-05-2004, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I remember when my car came in... I got the call while I was at work, and didn't get out till after the dealership closed! So I drove by the lot at like midnight looking for my car and didn't see it... turns out it was sitting right outside the service center waiting for me!!! I could have hugged it! Touched it! Grr.... Anyways, I just had to wait till the next morning, and then I spent the whole day driving it around and showing it off :D

PS: I decided I wanted an xA back in October of 2003, and placed my order in April of 2004... the car came in around June 22nd, I think. You've waited this long for it, one more day will hurt like hell but it's worth it!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member

I picked mine new xA up on Thursday, I waited exactly 71 days, an eternity if you know what I mean! Anyway, I have about 150 miles on it now. I had been driving an 85 Honda Accord with no heat, AC or radio and 375,000 miles on it. So, for me it was like nirvana just to turn on the heater and listen to a radio. But even apart from that, it's pretty fantastic, beyond my wildest expectations really. I had the dealer install the Hotchkiss strut bar and AEM cold air intake. The car has lots of pickup and has unbelievable handling, the steering is so tight. So, it was a long wait but definitely worth it, I'm really pleased to finally have it sitting in the garage as well drive it. One thing I do notice though, is it's a little "throaty" sounding, maybe the cold air intake but I guess I'll get used to that.

John A
Old 12-06-2004, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

throaty is a good sound to hear. lol better than a wheezy sound coming from under the hood.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had to wait 1 hour while they cleaned mine up But then I had to give it back for 4 days while they installed my lowering springs and wheels. Its 3 weeks old and has 300 miles on it.