First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Our new RS 1.0!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Our new RS 1.0!

Finally the RS 1.0 is here for my wifey! She likes everything about this cute little car except for the height and Scion badge...now I will need some Toyota badge.

Anybody knows where to find one that fits the rear of our xA? I also like the ist badge, which seems impossible to find.

Anyway, here is one of the pics I snapped before dark...now all cars are made in Japan! :D

Old 10-04-2004, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on your new ride. www.slstore.com should have the badge you are looking for.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats on your new ride.Im sure you will get alot of looks and compliments......
Old 10-04-2004, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default Re: Our new RS 1.0!

Originally Posted by bensonwrx
Anybody knows where to find one that fits the rear of our xA? I also like the ist badge, which seems impossible to find.
There's a thread on here somewhere with a guy who replaced all the badges on his xa with toyota badges. Will post when I find it.

:edit: Here it is. Hope this helps: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27355
Old 10-04-2004, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice ride
Old 10-04-2004, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys! I like the cute little xA Kinda remind me of ChoroQ, which is my favorite collection!

Anyway, thank you all for directing a newbie where to look for the ist badge. Wifey will be happy. On one of the threads, the black ist/xA had the rear Toyota badge, which I wonder how he did it? He only explained on the front, which I do not need to modify. While I was in the dealership, I checked out several Toyota and either their badges were too big or small. Really, I have nothing against Scion badge, but it's her car and she wants that JDM look, which the RS 1.0 already completed most all of them.

One more big big question...I searched and still got confused: I heard of interchangable parts between the xA and xB, and wonder if the following are included:

-CAI (AEM/injen.K&N)
-Security System/Keyless Entry
-Exhaust (TRD/others)
-STB, Sway Bars
-Struts/Springs (TRD/Tein)

Thanks a bunch! You guys are all awesome
Old 10-04-2004, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

On one of the threads, the black ist/xA had the rear Toyota badge, which I wonder how he did it? He only explained on the front, which I do not need to modify.
He does mention the rear badge. Unfortunately, all he says is that he
Originally Posted by tbblizzard
... got if from Singapore on a trade
It seems like that badge is very hard to come by. You might try to PM him and see if he can give you any more info / help.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have all the jdm emblems/ badges and jdm ist grill on my xA. They came from japan and all are oe parts. I special ordered it and took like 5 weeks to come in. It fits perfectly.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by PandaIst
I have all the jdm emblems/ badges and jdm ist grill on my xA. They came from japan and all are oe parts. I special ordered it and took like 5 weeks to come in. It fits perfectly.
Where did you get that plate from? I saw a link on here a while ago to a site that sold them. Now that I have my scion I was thinking of getting one. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool! I really like the front grille too, but having the badgeless grille will work just fine for my wife, so I can save some money on that part. Can you give me some info on where to order that rear T badge? Mind if I asked how much did that cost you?

Anyway, I did PM the guy with the black xA too...I just want to do all the upgrades for her soon, so she can stop bugging me for awhile, and I can concentrate on my own mods

Thanks guys once again!
Old 10-04-2004, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It's from ebay, i got it a while back now. I forget the sellers name though. If i remember correctly, i typed in "jdm plate" for the search. Hope that helps. The material of the plate is plastic and the fonts are in vinyl. It was custom made and cost me $23 i think.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Both rear badges i bought from the scion life store. Ist badge is $39 and the T (toyota) emblem is $29. It takes around 5 weeks to come in as they are special ordered from Japan.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Both rear badges i bought from the scion life store. Ist badge is $39 and the T (toyota) emblem is $29. It takes around 5 weeks to come in as they are special ordered from Japan.
You meant www.slstore.com correct? I went onto their website but seems like they sell mostly xB/bB parts. Do you have to email/call the shop and direct order from there instead of online order?

Badges are expensive indeed, but I guess whatever makes her happier. Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2004, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi bensonwrx! I can help.We have the rear Toyota Emblem n rear IST emblem.I also have a spare front IST 'I' emblem on hand. If u really want them pm me. I will try to the price. Souldnt be that expensive to send them to US cuz they r very light.They come with the 3M sticker.If u need other jdm parts I can check it out for u too but i think they r available in US as well. .The main differences between an IST and xA are the bumpers. U guys have larger ones than our IST. Besides that is the scion emblems (inc steering). The ist console box also has the IST wording on it. See mine below.

All u have to do is to debadge with a nylon string.Will post the price once I'm back in town next week.Stay tuned.

Thaz my ride below with the chrome parts added
Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice That IST looks good.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drool...really nice IST indeed. I do want at least the rear T and IST badges, if not the other as well. I did not notice the console box, but *now* you mentioned it...what is really tough to switch over will be the steering wheel I think. Our Pioneer head unit also has Scion written on it as well.

How hard is it to remove the console box door?

Btw, I drove the xA for real today and it almost felt like the driver seat is higher than the passenger side Car needs some serious drop I think, but I wonder if struts are mandatory? On my previous vehicles, I know struts are very much required or else they will fail with aftermarket springs installed.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member

Why do you want to replace the Scion badge with a Toyota one anyway? Scion, at least to me, seems a lot cooler than Toyota..

Is she embarrassed to own a Scion? I really dont get the reason behind this, please explain.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member

hey u can just give me your grill since i have pw also
...please

likin the rs 1.0 also
Old 10-07-2004, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You meant www.slstore.com correct? I went onto their website but seems like they sell mostly xB/bB parts. Do you have to email/call the shop and direct order from there instead of online order?

Badges are expensive indeed, but I guess whatever makes her happier. Thanks again!
This is what you are looking for. http://www.slstore.com/catJDM.php

Cost = $39.00

Cost = $29.00

Both found at the scionlife store link I listed above.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cmwillis
Why do you want to replace the Scion badge with a Toyota one anyway? Scion, at least to me, seems a lot cooler than Toyota..

Is she embarrassed to own a Scion? I really dont get the reason behind this, please explain.
Well let's just say she likes the IST, and wants to make the xA looks like an IST. Therefore, the badges will be the first thing that must be changed. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. She's kinda like me who like JDM looks...look at my cars and you will see ;)