Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Re-Installed Middle Front Grille and Fog Light Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 07:41 PM
SL Member

Default Re-Installed Middle Front Grille and Fog Light Covers

1st of all - I love my 2006 Scion XB!!! I was backed into a month ago and had to reinstall my middle front grille and purchase and reinstall new fog light covers. My XB is white, but has orange accents here and there. So I thought I would add a little more color and paint the grille and the new fog light covers the 2004 Orange color that I really wanted.

I ordered the covers off of eBay and had to do some "shaving off" of the plastic on the inside sides to get a nice flush fit. The 2 black flaps on the inside of the middle grille also needed to be reinstalled - I used plastic expandable rivet screws to attach those to the body of the car.

When installing the middle grille, we pushed one of those flaps to one direction, inserted one end of the grille into the opening first, and then pushed the other flap in the same direction (with a screw driver) to get the grille inside the space. We put the top edge into the tabs first and then gave it a little pull at each tab - the grille "snapped" into place at each tab. We then did the same with the bottom tabs. I now have another nice new orange accent on my XB.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Sweet!