Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   Repair manuals? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/repair-manuals-100420/)

b_wet 06-02-2007 10:14 PM

pay the $10 and become a premium member.

Tomas 06-03-2007 05:04 AM

Thanks! Good to know. :)

Tom

HondAudio 06-03-2007 07:28 AM

When is Haynes or Chilton going to put one out?

Kerry 09-09-2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by urbanhayseed
Late follow-up to Tomas: the $14.95 xB download from softwaredesignz IS indeed a .pdf file, masqueraded by a vendor-made viewer. The pdf is 100% viewable by any Adobe Reader/Acrobat. The xA version is $10 more.

Is the index or the Table of Contents hyperlinked (click a topic and it takes you to that page)?

Thanks,

Kerry

bB2NER 09-09-2007 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by HondAudio
When is Haynes or Chilton going to put one out?

Hopefully soon! :lalala:

Kerry 09-12-2007 08:57 PM

My experience with Software Designz's 2004, 2005, 2006 Scion xB Repair Service Manual Software http://www.softwaredesignz.com/index...FRNhIgodlhgnYA is that it leaves much to be desired.

It reads that it's Index is at the rear so I press end and it's not there. It's Table of Contents is not at the beginning and it's topics are not hyperlinked. Unless you know the exact name of the part or mechanism you want its search feature is irritating and to me, useless. It skips page numbers which is both confusing and counter intuitive.

Kerry

jazone 12-11-2007 10:00 PM

hello please can anyone upload the xa repair manual. this is a life crisis for me i've been looking all over for it.
please upload it or anything because i really need it.
all the megashare links are not working.

SquallLHeart 12-13-2007 07:54 AM

what do you want specifically?

there's too much info for me to try to upload the entire manual... even so.. most of my access is on a case to case basis.

jazone 12-13-2007 08:05 AM

well i have a lot of stuff to do in my xa, can you winzip or winrar the whole folder? and then you can use www.yousendit.com to send it to me on jas.farrugia@gmail.com
if you want i will upload it on rapidshare or megashares afterwards.
if you could do this iwould be very grateful.
if you really cannot manage to do that,, please, at least tr to send me an email or something with some diy about the interior of the xa.

thanks a lot

SquallLHeart 12-13-2007 09:46 AM

well.. the thing is i don't possess it.. as in actually have files for them..

i just look them up on TIS as i need it.

jazone 12-13-2007 09:57 AM

i tried using TIS but it won't let me since i'm not from america, but from Europe. well i don't know if you could send the files at least some of them.
if anyone has the scion xa manual please post here, even if you have parts of it or files, i will accept everything regarding the scion xa. since i don't even have a single paper about my scion xa.
thanks

Boyaminalnurse 11-29-2009 05:03 AM

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I am looking for a repair manual and an owners manual for a 2006 Scion XB. Does anyone know any good places I can get these? Sorry, I bought a used Scion 5 days ago and want to make sure I knw how to properly fix things and have the owners manual (just to have it I guess). Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I have searched online numerous times and have see some things on here but am unsure if anyone has purchased any of these and if they were any good.

Marshall

Tomas 11-29-2009 06:02 AM

Mechanically the 2004-2006.5 Scion xB are almost identical, electrically there are differences.

If you go to the Scion Docs link in my signature line you will find the complete 2004 repair manual and the wiring manual for the late 2006.

(These are the factory manuals in PDF format.)

HTH

Tom

bB2NER 11-29-2009 01:10 PM

My signature has a direct link to the factory manual.

Boyaminalnurse 12-01-2009 05:45 AM

Thanks so much guys for the info. I just bought a 2006 Scion xb RS 3.0. It is in great condition, but it had been stolen and stripped, so some of the parts are being ordered by the car lot I bought it from. There is currently no book for him (which sucks), and it does not have the factory manual with it. The preice was extremely good considering he only has 35,000 miles on him. I am going to have a ton of questions in the next few months, but I will of course try and research what I can find out first. I am going to ask a couple more questions here though (I hope this is ok).

1. How does everyone like their xb?
2. Mine is an automatic. Is it stupid for me to buy an aftermarket Cruise Control for him?
3. I read about a chip you can put in your xb to increase the tork and gas milage, is this true?
4. Does anyone tow with theirs? I have a tent trailer that is about a thousand pounds and was told a tow hitch can be hooked up and he can pull up to 1500 pounds, is this true?

That is all for now as I am taking him into the shop tomorrow to have the back door latch fixed. Thanks again for your help.

Marshall

Tomas 12-01-2009 06:11 AM

I'll just comment on a few of those items - call Scion at their Customer Support number (866 707 2466) and see if they can provide you with an Owner's Manual and a manual for the AV system. You have a special machine there. :)

I like my box, and she's a plain Jane 2005 auto box. First vehicle in a long time that still makes me smile when I see her.

A cruise control is a good thing if you plan to do a lot of long distance highway driving. If you do get one, make sure it's a Rostra cruise control made specifically for the xB.

Forget the chips - the brains in the box are learning types, and will easily work themselves around a simple chip.

Towing? "Not recommended."

You have a non-aerodynamic box with a unibody and a tiny engine. Not a good base for towing.

http://tijil.org/PSTOC_av.gif

vintage42 12-01-2009 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boyaminalnurse (Post 3388020)
... I just bought a 2006 Scion xb RS 3.0. It is in great condition, but it had been stolen and stripped... only has 35,000 miles...
1. How does everyone like their xb?
2. ... Is it stupid for me to buy an aftermarket Cruise Control...
3. I read about a chip you can put in your xb to increase the tork and gas milage, is this true?
4. Does anyone tow with theirs? I have a tent trailer that is about a thousand pounds and was told a tow hitch can be hooked up and he can pull up to 1500 pounds, is this true?
... I am taking him into the shop tomorrow to have the back door latch fixed....

1. I never heard anybody, at least here, say they didn't like their xB. I like mine so much I can't part with it even though it is now a second car. It is not the ideal car for long trips.
2. The only cruise control (CC) I know of is the Rostra, so don't accept anything else. Be sure the shop knows how to install it and has done them before. Ask your Scion dealer where he used to send their new 2004-2006 xB's to have cruise controls installed. The kit is $150 and the installation will be about $150. I mail ordered the kit and had a shop install it before a long trip. The CC works but has some disadvantages. If it is located where you can see it, you will hit it with your knees getting in. If located up out of the way of knees, you can't see it and have to memorize how to control it. It has a 1-second delay in acting, so changes are not quick. You can get a remote controlled model, but they have other problems, and you can speed up the action, but have to open the sealed control box and reset switches. Since I got a second better car for trips, I don't use the xB/s CC any more.
3. The car is not rated to tow any weight. In practice, you can get a hitch for it from eTrailer.com and it will tow light trailers in light conditions OK. A 4x4 kit trailer with a light load, or a jet ski on its trailer, are OK if not pulled up hills in hot temperatures. Your 1500 lb trailer is too heavy, and has too much wind resistance, for a trip. You will risk overheating the transmission and engine.

The hatch latch bolts become loose from the latch being pulled on, and then they break unless tightened. To access them, about 10 plastic fasteners must be popped out with a special tool to remove the big inside cover. Many of the fasteners are ruined when pulled out, and must be replaced with new ones.

bB2NER 12-02-2009 06:04 AM

1. We all love our xB/bBs except the fools that traded them in for xB2's.
2. Rostra is the best thing but I've heard of others using aftermarket cruises.
3. Unless you go turbo or blower you won't see enough power to warrant trying a chip. All of the ebay chip junk you see is B.S.
4.Just say no to trying to tow anything more than 750 lbs.

Sciond 12-03-2009 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by bB2NER (Post 3389086)
1. We all love our xB/bBs except the fools that traded them in for xB2's.
2. Rostra is the best thing but I've heard of others using aftermarket cruises.
3. Unless you go turbo or blower you won't see enough power to warrant trying a chip. All of the ebay chip junk you see is B.S.
4.Just say no to trying to tow anything more than 750 lbs.

QFT

airdave 01-05-2010 02:56 PM

Hi Tomas. So are you saying that for my '06 XB these doc's will work, as far as using the '04 - '05 for the body, engine, etc and then use the wiring diagram for the '06? If so, then this is great! I've looked at your link and if everything as stated above is correct then this link works for me!!
Thanks