Rs 2.0 a bust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Default Rs 2.0 a bust?

Is the Yellow RS 2.0 Xb not selling as good as the hot lava.
I have three gone by three different scion dealers in the last to weeks and have seen tons of them. I went by one tonight and it had 5 of them. I saw 2 at onther dealer a few days aga and saw 2 more at a third dealer last week.
Whats the deal? Just wondeing it is neat color.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

There are a lot more 2.0's available at this time then 1.0's at the same one year ago. IMO
Old 04-24-2005, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think they shipped all of them out at the same time so every dealer has gotten their allotment now. ALso, it seemed like there was more advanced hype on the RS1...
Old 04-24-2005, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are 2 Scion dealers in this area - one sold his allotment a long time ago - the other has at least one RS2 that I've seen just sitting stale on the lot. - but in this case, that could mean something entirely different. The lot that still has there's has a pretty bad word of mouth reputation. They had TWO Hot Lava's sitting along the road back when they were being SOLD (not just listed) on eBay for 25k+ and you couldn't find them ANYWHERE(anyone who knew better wouldn't touch that dealership).

There are a lot more 2.0's available at this time then 1.0's at the same one year ago. IMO
but this time they have to spread out in about 3x as many states.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the same. My local dealer in So. Cal. had 10 of them! I thought, first, why do they have so many? Second, are they not selling? I even started a thread in the Pacific South section about it.

Well, the last time I drove past that dealership..... They had ONE left

So I guess they are definitely selling. Just give 'em some time.

Orange was still a hotter color IMO.

-THE DON
Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The dealer here had a RS2.0 sitting on their lot and I jumped on it... Only to find out it had already been sold and they were just doing some mods to it for the person! So some of them you see may be sold, just sitting there as "advertisement" while getting work done!

When they got a second one I had my name at the top of the list to get it. There were FIVE people who wanted to buy it the day it came in, including one guy who offered to pay the dealer cash for it.

Thank god Larry saved it for me or I would have been a weepy mess! lol
Old 04-25-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Ours sold within a few days of being here. It WAS still unsold when it arrived on the lot, however.

I know when I got my RS1.0 we put it out in front for a month just to generate interest and demonstrate some mods that nobody around here had seen before (remember, this is Iowa). Like some have said, it's possible some dealers are doing this again.

The thing we need to get rid of is the RS1.0 xA that's been hanging around our showroom floor!

-Alex
Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BumbleBox
The dealer here had a RS2.0 sitting on their lot and I jumped on it... Only to find out it had already been sold and they were just doing some mods to it for the person! So some of them you see may be sold, just sitting there as "advertisement" while getting work done!

When they got a second one I had my name at the top of the list to get it. There were FIVE people who wanted to buy it the day it came in, including one guy who offered to pay the dealer cash for it.

Thank god Larry saved it for me or I would have been a weepy mess! lol
Could you imagine if there was no Pure Pricing in effect? When the Miata first came out, they were selling for 7-12K over the window sticker price that is already jacked up. Imagine the bidding wars they could've created had these been under the old school of car sales... Just one more reason why they're such a bargain...
Old 04-25-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Some of the ones I see that are unsold are prolly due to the fact that the dealer added a bunch of crap to it and made it too expensive. I saw one that had the price raised to over 19 K. Needless to say, it is still sitting there. lol
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member

My husbands work has two on their lot right now, one with wheels and one without. another dealer in the valley has one that they have had for awhile now. Have only seen one on the road that someone bought.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only half (4) of the dealers in our county have them. The others didn't have a clue what I was talking about. There is still inventory available in both auto and stick. For some reason they are not being advertised.

Also, each dealer upgrades differently. There is zero consistency. One goes striclty by the book while another will install the auto-rear view mirror. Another offers a grill "nobody else has" but I see the same grill on boxes in other states but not locally at other dealerships. That dealer said that grill was made custom for them locally. Bull!

To me RS02 sales seems disorganized and disjointed.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We love our RS2 xB but we also realize the color isn't for everyone. A few of my neighbors, staunch silver SUV drivers that they are just don't "get it".I figured the added visibility wouldn't hurt during our grey, dark rainy days on our Seattle area highways. It's a "fun" color on a "fun" car. Lots of kids wave at us. I'd do it all over again. It's great to be a little avant-garde. That being said, I have to admit that the Lava Red is a great color, better than the yellow if for no other reason that the metallic finish makes the car look more expensive.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

That being said, I have to admit that the Lava Red is a great color, better than the yellow if for no other reason that the metallic finish makes the car look more expensive
Did you mean Black Cherry pearl red or Hot Lava orange???
Old 04-26-2005, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw one last night in Brooklyn, NY.

I want to add the side view mirrors with the turn indicator on mine.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think they picked the wrong color. Yellow was like 3 years ago. Given I do like certain yellow cars but I think if you wanted a "trendy" color the lime green would be the color now.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheIcon
I think they picked the wrong color. Yellow was like 3 years ago. Given I do like certain yellow cars but I think if you wanted a "trendy" color the lime green would be the color now.
You sound like a valley girl

Some people just like yellow! It has nothing to do with it being "trendy" at the time. The real reason I got mine (other than the yellow thing, which by the way I love), is the indicators in the side mirrors. I think it's all together an adorable package.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some people just like yellow! It has nothing to do with it being "trendy" at the time. The real reason I got mine (other than the yellow thing, which by the way I love), is the indicators in the side mirrors. I think it's all together an adorable package.
haha I know. Im a

Nah all I ment was that maybe three years ago when all the yellow cars were coming out they may have had more success with the color. although I think it is still way to early to say whether the color was successful or not. I do like yellow and was goign to purchase a yellow xterra or a yellow hummer myself. Its a cool color.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NYCxB
I saw one last night in Brooklyn, NY.

I want to add the side view mirrors with the turn indicator on mine.
The one you saw was probably mine...I still have yet to see another yellow one in Bklyn other than mine. As for the color, few like it, most that comment aren't fond of the color. Who cares, it's mine, not theirs!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Yellow is ok...there are too many ones already on the road though.(mostly Jeep Wranglers)
Those mirrors could have been done better though. They look like a JC WHITNEY add on (too bulky) If they had taken the housings and reworked them and added LED's or something then it would look cool and more custom. IMO they just look fugly.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ummm, they DO have LEDs in the side mirrors...

Quick Reply: Rs 2.0 a bust?