Rs 2.0 a bust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by cvrefugee
Ummm, they DO have LEDs in the side mirrors...
Yes, But the LED's are not in the actual mirror housing they are in the huge ugly add-on cover.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is a guady yellow color.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what pet names do you give to your RS2s? I'm a guy. Hmmmm how about ???
Sick Butter Stick
...even though it's an automatic....
uh, no...! especially becauseof that
Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member

If there yellow cars were still "in style" I would not have been so quick to buy a solar yellow xB. I bought it specifically because I do not want to see a lot of people driving a car that looked just like mine. So far I have not seen another xb RS 2.0 going down the road.

So thanks to Scion for not picking a color that is "in style."
Old 04-27-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you mean Black Cherry pearl red or Hot Lava orange???

Actually, I think both of those colors look really good. If I wasn't concerned about the visability issue, I probably would have picked Black Cherry.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have only seen two other ones than my own in the DC area. Still have not seen any in Philly
Old 04-28-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the 2.0 were available when I went to buy my box (01/03/2005) I would've bought it.... even though we already have a yellow Mini Cooper.

It's a great color and perfect for the xB! The "shortbus" and "micro hummer" jokes would just be icing on the cake. :D

But my "milk truck" is just fine though.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the only two I've seen in my area are both commercial vehicles. One is owned by a tattoo shop and one is owned by a flower shop in Rathdrum, ID.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sightings of xB's of any color are still rare.....
In the Seattle area, I average seeing one other xB a day during a 50 mile roundtrip commute. There is another RS2.
My daughter and I saw it a few weeks ago in Redmond. It had just been bought from Michael's Toyota in Bellevue. If you're reading this, identify yourself!!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcperconti
If the 2.0 were available when I went to buy my box (01/03/2005) I would've bought it.... even though we already have a yellow Mini Cooper.

It's a great color and perfect for the xB! The "shortbus" and "micro hummer" jokes would just be icing on the cake. :D

But my "milk truck" is just fine though.
I think you have a great mix of vehicles!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought the car because of the side mirrors. I wasn't too keen on the yellow but now I love it. I drive a lot and the visibility helps. One of my clients is my auto insurance company corporate office. I emptied the offices when I pulled up a couple days ago. They all loved it!

If the car was lime green I would not have purchased it. I would have gone with Camo.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came very close to buying the RS2, but realized that the "box" was statement enough for me, without going yellow.

When I picked up my camo xB, I noticed a new RS2 in the lot that was bug-coverd on the front. Those black bug marks really show up on the yellow background. I'm not much of a car washer, so yellow wouldn't have worked out for me. But they do look nice!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jeanann
Thanks! We do too. :D The Mini is my wife's and the boX is mine. We feel that life is too serious with many responsibilities. Why not choose vehicles that are practical AND fun?!

Our choice of vehicles definitely has our friends scratching their heads. While they have a single behemoth SUV in the $30K+ range (and an older 2nd car), we have 2 high-quality vehicles, with great gas mileage, that drives great in the city and on the freeway. Both are extremely versatile and hasn't stopped us from toting the kids to soccer games, shopping at Costco, buying furniture at IKEA or taking roadtrips.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcperconti
Originally Posted by jeanann
Thanks! We do too. :D The Mini is my wife's and the boX is mine. We feel that life is too serious with many responsibilities. Why not choose vehicles that are practical AND fun?!

Our choice of vehicles definitely has our friends scratching their heads. While they have a single behemoth SUV in the $30K+ range (and an older 2nd car), we have 2 high-quality vehicles, with great gas mileage, that drives great in the city and on the freeway. Both are extremely versatile and hasn't stopped us from toting the kids to soccer games, shopping at Costco, buying furniture at IKEA or taking roadtrips.
If you decide to go autocrossing you can take both of them also
Old 04-29-2005, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I really wanted to wait for the yellow one then i realized.
Im special enough, i dont need to drive a short bus
Old 04-29-2005, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fighting over yellow.

From what I was told at a dealer in my neighborhood, was that only select dealers would receive the release edition. Since there are only 2500 being made, most dealers only received one if that. And these were the dealers in the largest markets.
What happened is this:
The demand in certain areas is so great that dealers in these areas are trading off to get hold of as many yellows as possible.
Here on Long Island, the demand is huge. The demand upstate NY is not. So dealers here are getting customers their cars from areas where sales as slower.
Remember, the RS02 was only released in March. The price is $1375.00 higher than the base, so many people opted to save money by choosing another color.
I believe that by mid May they will all be gone.
The yellow is a really cool color and I've had mine only a few days, but people really take notice. How could they not. LOL.
Take a look at mine.

[img][/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Banned
SL Member

All of you wished you had the chance to get a RS1. The very first Release Series that Scion did.

I agree on the mirrors with the turn signals on them. They look fake. They truely look like they were a last minute add on. Its a cover held in place with double sided tape. And made even more bulky with the wiring for the LED. Just not my style. Now, the front grill ... that i am interested in.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
All of you wished you had the chance to get a RS1. The very first Release Series that Scion did. .
Usually about 10- RS 1.0's can be found with low miles on autotrader for those that care to have one if they want. And the prices aren't that much higher than the average BOX!
Both of the Limited editions are sweet but they dropped the ball when they didn't make one of them Lime Green.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

The yellow doesn't have enuff red/orange ion it for my tastes. Funny thing, I see more hot lava and yellow xBs than any other color. And when I drive my xB, I hardly see any. I see xBs all the time when I'm driving the Matrix.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get raves for my rs02 every day! Women love it! And today it was on the news. I was caught by the traffic copter during the morning rush. Kinda cool but you can't tell it's me - too far away. I was the only yellow box in the area though next to the two cars that were burning.

I love this car and color more every day. I'm not giving it up!

Quick Reply: Rs 2.0 a bust?