Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

RS4.0, Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member

Default RS4.0, Where are they?

According to http://www.thelastxb.com (and their supposedly daily updated counter), there are 142 new RS4.0 Gen 1 Xb's sitting at various Scion Dealerships in the US.

I'd like to find one of them (hopefully a manual) but am having a hard time tracking one down. I talked to someone at Scion and they told be to "contact my dealer".

Well... I've spoken to several dealers in California, and the Pacific Northwest and no one has one, nor knows where one can be found.

Anyone out there know of a new one still for sale and at large? (Preferably in the western US, but I'd probably be willing to ship or travel if I had to.)

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That 142 has been there for well over a week. AND--that is the count of ALL new xB1's and not just RS4's. I have been posting regarding the count down--and they are not at all consistant about updating.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 AM

This one's new, and an automatic, but it's the only one I found in Oregon

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/car/367448166.html
Old 07-06-2007, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I'm surprised your local dealer can't do a nationwide search for you and find your car. Have you tried using autotrader online and search for a new RS4.0 that way. They work real good when looking for used ones so I'm sure they could help locate the few 4.0 left. Just be prepared to do a roadtrip. Let the search begin and good luck bro!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a rs 4.0 #2400 and it's stick...bought it back in February ....there were like 20 when i bought mine at the dealership..
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sherriest
This one's new, and an automatic, but it's the only one I found in Oregon

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/car/367448166.html

LOL @ 18k for an "old model" xB... Not saying that it's not worth that much but with the new model out, the price should be lower...
Old 07-06-2007, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

The dealers all say they can't find anything, but their systems only look into adjoining states. From my investigations there doesn't seem to be anything west of Colorado. ( I haven't checked east of there yet). Appearantly there are a lot of people looking for the remaining new Gen 1's, as I spoke with more than a few dealers that said they've already been looking for other people and can't find anything.

The autotrader listings are not very accurate, lots of old listings hanging around. I spoke to a couple frustrated sales guys who have been fielding calls on some of these vehicles for months now.

In regards to the 142 remaining on the site... I'm guessing the site isn't being updated any more, and 142 was the last number reported. While calling around, I was also looking for any new Gen 1 XB's, but focused on the RS4.0, as I figured it would be the majority of those left at this point (if at all). In any case, I haven't found a new one yet in any color/release.

So far the only thing I've found is a used RS4.0 at Seattle delership (web listing said it was a new vehicle... turned out to have 26k miles on it). Same story as the craigslist from Oregon, they wanted $18,000. Strictly RS4.0 stock too. I refused to even negotiate from that point.

This seems pretty common though, dealers charging same/more for used XB's than new ones. (One dealer told me that if I could find a new one it probably would be cheaper than a used one).

Seems like there is a run on the old xb's now. There just aren't that many out there...
Old 07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You would probally have luck by going to car lots that doesnt deal with any certain brand of vehicles. Like a Salvage yard that rebuilds them.

Also on the Used being more subject.
Scion of Richmond in Kentucky dealer William told me and my dad that if you was going to buy one, buy one new because you could get it cheaper. Toyota puts a SPECIFIC price on them and the dealers aren't aloud to raise that price, but with the Used they can set them at any price.

Then I went to Gambrels Toyota of Corbin Kentucky, looked at a couple used 1st gens. I looked at a Salsa red xB. Had been in a hail storm and still had the dents on the top. They wanted 18k for it. I agrued with him that I could go to richmond and buy a BRAND New one for 15 or 16k and it have the same exact features and not have any kind of damage.

So just look around at little car dealers. Ive found a few RS1's and RS2's since buying mine.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

iv seen two in the same dealer... but its in west palm beach, florida i dont know if they can get it sent to you where ever you are. the one that i sat in was for $23,000 it had color matching wheels, color matching leathers seats and some othere things the other one was bone stock but i didnt get to see the price... www.palmbeachtoyota.com (561) 712-2700
Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here i guess they dropped the pirce http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=3
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Dynasty
SL Member

We got an automatic down here in Orlando at Central Florida Toyota..
Old 07-06-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YO THOSE RIMS are pimp! still overpriced, but pimp! ;]
Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
vjm
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Back in May when I was looking at buying a 1st gen from the dealer here in Charlottesville, all they could find me was RS 4's and black 2006.5's. Didn't want either, so I got my baby off Ebay Motors. There were several RS 4's on there as well.

I would tell you to call the dealer here, but they are complete d1ckheads. Try another Virginia dealer or Ebay Motors.

my .02.

Good luck, and good choice on the gen 1. I just saw one in the grocery store parking lot and...ummm...am very glad I got a gen 1.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

All this is evidence that they should have never stopped making/selling the first gen.
Oh,midtowndesi they still have pure pricing on the remaining 1st gens. That will never change. Most would be happy to pay whatever to get the 1st gen they want at this point!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just seen two on my lunch break...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I remember back when I got my 05' the Scion site had a way of searching dealer inventories nationwide for remaining stock. That was how I almost got a left over 04" RS1.0.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
All this is evidence that they should have never stopped making/selling the first gen.
Oh,midtowndesi they still have pure pricing on the remaining 1st gens. That will never change. Most would be happy to pay whatever to get the 1st gen they want at this point!
this is true... but the biggest messup that toyota/scion made was not bring over the open deck i would trade my car for that anyday...
http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/ye...800/toy_18.jpg
Old 07-06-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

There was a boatload of money they could have made if they had did things more correct! I am happy that atleast we were able to get the xB. I had all but gave up on seeing it brought over here from way back when the bB first came out.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the links... although I guess I forgot to mention that I am also looking for a manual transmission.

Which is too bad because I really like the leather in that Palm Beach XB.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

The 5 spd. really isn't all that. I thought so at first also but fell in love with my auto. The stock clutch is weak and needs to be updated right out of the box. Plus some are having problems with finding reverse and 1st gear.

Quick Reply: RS4.0, Where are they?