Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Scion Haters

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member

Default Scion Haters

Through out my one year of owning my 06 scion xb, I have noticed many times that there are many Scion haters. Which really ____ me off. Its not the remarkrs about how the cars look or about how it is a forgien car. But I have noticed many of jackasses love to key my car. Why is it they love to do so? It just ____es me of and now today some bastard decided it was funny to take off the small second snap on grill to my xb and leave only 2 of the 3 pieces for me to find in the parking lot the next morning. But why? Do you guys find alot of scion haters out there and if you do what happened to your beloved machine?

P.S. Who knows the best way to take those ugly key scratches out of the car exterior.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where i'm from, the Scions are loved b/c of gas prices rite now. so, the xB's and tC's are popular here. but damn the people who keyed your xB and messed with your grille! but im not really sure whats good for taking key scratches out... clay bar possibly? just a thought
Old 06-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Clay's not going to do it. Best case - it'll polish out. A deep enough scratch would require (a very costly) repainting the affected panels.

Check with your insurance and a body shop.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

maybe somebody really hates you?......
Old 06-15-2007, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never experienced any Scion haters or had my xB vandalized. So it's probably your high school peers being a-holes. Because nobody else should care what you drive and nobody with half a brain keys cars or steals emblems or other parts off them.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion Haters

Originally Posted by And14
P.S. Who knows the best way to take those ugly key scratches out of the car exterior.
A glock

...but anyways, I get hated on all the time. I've never experienced any vandalism but people yell stuff at me all the time. "your car's ugly" "your Zion is a peice of ****" ...idiots
Old 06-15-2007, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by superboxcarxb
maybe somebody really hates you?......
I doubt thats the case its because the keying happens at different places and in my neighborhood it is realy high car theft area.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never experienced hate, but I do get some strange looks...especially when I guy my age is driving a somewhat-modified Box. Screw 'em, I'm having fun in my old age.

Here's what I DO notice: my previous two cars -- a Benz SL500 and a jet-black Bimmer -- got some respect on the road. If I pulled up behind someone on the interstate, they moved over. When I merged, they gave me room. When they were merging, they slowed down to move in behind me. I never got cut off.

With the Box, it's like I'm invisible. People cut in front of me all the time, nearly run me off the road when merging onto a highway, etc. etc.

As Rodney Dangerfield used to say, I don't get no respect. Think I'm gonna paint the box black and put a Mercedes hood ornament on it.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea dude I think your just the victim of random vandalizing from stupid young kids. I wouldnt take it personal. I know im still young but a few years makes a difference and when I was a bit younger I did retarded ____ that must have had people wondering just like you.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't live in a place like that I always get a thumbs up from fellow motorist. Might be time to move...........
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its most likely jerk kids from your school. if i remember high school...there was LOTS of "haters" for lack of a better word. some guy who likes a girl that likes you instead is all upset and payed your car a visit. just my assumption...

I have noticed ALOT of scion hates up here. not to the extent to damage a car but since scion is all about ya know "modding" or customizing your car with numerous after market parts and make it look all fast when it's still extremely slow...really makes some people get all butthurt for some reason.

probably because they look better then their car, but their car is faster so they get kinda jealous that your car would be considered more "cool looking" then theirs since it comes with a little body kit look and all while they have a faster car that looks "unfinished" without alot of $$ in the exterior.

nice roll-on sentance...i know :-)
Old 06-15-2007, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

really funny that this topic has come up. Because just today something of the sort happened to me. Well you all know when your were kids just those kids that are always loser moron. Well every afternoon when i pull into my street there are these kids thtat just point and laugh at my xB. I never pay muh attentions because usually they are walking but today i seen one pull up on the side of me in a bust down old drty white mnivan oh i got my revenge today
Old 06-16-2007, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're scaring me, Scarey.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

It's just a case of jealous school kids period. Anyone that talks down about a Scion is ignorant, jealous or just doesn't like foreign cars at all.
When I was in HS it was near impossible to keep a nice car. The kids that had rich parents were often victim's of the less fortunate kids. They hated having their noses rubbed in it every time they watched them pull up in their new Trans Ams and such. Heck I drove a hoopty and it still got F'd up on a regular basis. It's easier to mess with someones car cause they don't have to face you. Cowardice in other words.

Just get a hooptie and spare your xB the punishment. It may be cheaper and less stressful in the long run!
Old 06-16-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

if you keep getting your car keyed and your 17 maybe it's cause your parents bought your car for you ? i know i hated and still hate people who get cars and houses given to them , never would or or have i keyed a car but an inferior person would key the cars.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
if you keep getting your car keyed and your 17 maybe it's cause your parents bought your car for you ? i know i hated and still hate people who get cars and houses given to them , never would or or have i keyed a car but an inferior person would key the cars.
Thats a good idea but in reality I only get to use the scion on the the weekends and I also help pay for the payments with my job. But I can see what you are getting at.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by And14
Thats a good idea but in reality I only get to use the scion on the the weekends and I also help pay for the payments with my job. But I can see what you are getting at.
Are you driving it to school daily or not? Where is it getting F'd up?? I'm confused now. Please enlighten us all with more details??? These don't add up.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

so you don't drive to school ? your parents helped get your car and u help pay for it and you can't drive it to school ? that sucks.

do other people in your town or city or neighborhood hate you ?

taking out scratches like that normally requires a repaint well if down to white or down to metal
Old 06-16-2007, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member

so you don't drive to school ? your parents helped get your car and u help pay for it and you can't drive it to school ? that sucks.

do other people in your town or city or neighborhood hate you ?

taking out scratches like that normally requires a repaint well if down to white or down to metal
Yeah well actually we only own 2 vechicles so my dad uses the xb to go to his work which is a commute to a city out of town. And my mom uses our mini van and I dont know about you but im not drivn a mini van 2school. But also I live in texas and in my city its all about big trucks with most the people I know. So I guess the city just frowns on the car.

Now if anyone hates me i dont know I havnt screwed nonone over I just think people I dont know dont like the car. But I guess thier just jealouse.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Sounds like it's being parked in the wrong places and being left alone for far too long.
Mine rarely leaves my sight and is mostly used for car shows and long drives.