Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Solutioins to hounding problems, please add to this thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member

Default Solutioins to hounding problems, please add to this thread

I'm starting this thread so that people can chime in on things that they've had to figure out on their own, usually due to the lack of info. If you have found a solution to a problem and you are satisfied with the results share it so that we can all benefit from your experience.

I will start with what has been of concern to me for a long time. My suspension. I have a 2000 Toyota Bb (I live in Japan) that has just about 240,000km on it. When I bought it 8 years back it was completely stock. I found the suspension too mushy and the shock to harsh and bouncy all at the same time. So I opted to get tein ss coilover and replaced all the bushings with polyurethane, including engine mounts. The suspension was much improved and the engine mounts were a nightmare.

I was still not very happy with the way the car was behaving. I found that at certain speeds and on certain surfaces the car would ride like a horse, rocking back and forth. No amount of adjusting ride height and shock damping force resolved the issue. Years passed and time came to replace my shocks. I opted to have the shocks rebuilt by tein and have them re-valved for different spring rates. The tein springs were 4kg/mm front and 3.2 kg/mm in the rear. The fronts were linear while the back springs were barrel springs and highly variable. I sat and did a bunch of math and ordered front spring 5k 20mm shorter, 5k rears 15mm shorter (though barrel springs they have low variability). Tein did a great job and now that I've had them in the car over a week I could not be happier.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:28 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dash rattles like crazy, to lazy to do any thing about it