Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

some cops are jerks

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 06:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default some cops are jerks

man the ther night me and my friends were hungry so we were all gonna go to steak and shake and get some food,its like 1am. so we take my car(scion xb) the box more room than my friends, and were driving and we pass like 8 cops on the side of the road who pulled some black guy over and had him all layed out on the ground(real rodney king lookn crap) and about 3 minutes later a state trooper gets behind and flash's his lights for me to pull over so im like wtf im not speedn, and the dumb cop pulls me over and shines that dam high beam into my car, and comes to my window and is all loud and is like everone put there hands up, people in the back put your hands on the back of the seat, and im like ____ ok this redneck is gonna shot us, and hes like son you know why im pulln you over you had no lights on....... ok well al the the stuff in my car is lighted up officer and hes like well i mean you had just your parkn lights on... and he take all my stuff(insurance,registration) comes back to my window makes me get out of the car and is like i smell alhcol(sp) on ur breath, im like ive been playn halo 2 all day(so sad i know) and he like ok well heres a ticket for 112.50....omg im a college stundet im already broke.... lolmy first ticket ever and its about headlights and its a moving vioaltion some cops are _______s i just had to vent
Old 02-09-2005, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't worry I've already got about 8 tickets with the xb. Most of the time the cop will pull me over and look up and down my car to find anything he could give me a ticket for.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

shoot man thats not bad....my driving record is sooo outstanding that why i pay 370$ PER MONTH just for insurance. and that actually gone down since i got rid of my airbagged ,fully shaved,custom painted minitruck.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

damn dude thats not good did u explain how u just left a drive through? he might have given you a warning. sorry man , try and fight it . they may go soft cause of the consequences and that you're a starving student
Old 02-09-2005, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had a cop pull me over and use that high beam. i was like 10 inches from the curb trying to line up close and it made me blind and i scraped my month old rims. In about 2 weeks when my new rims come ill throw the old ones up cheap. Theyre just some nice loking cheap ones but fit stock tires so its cool
Old 02-09-2005, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got pulled over on a trip down to tech(texas) and it is nothing but flat roads and i got pulled over because of going 10 over and i was going with traffic. then he makes me get out and searches me and my car and my friend. i had to get in the cop car and everything. good thing he didnt find the beer hidden in the secert cooler in the back. i love scions
Old 02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Guys.. first off... he didn't MAKE you get out of the car... sounds like you allowed him to search... he most likely put you in the back seat of his car because he was by himself.. the spotlight is used to light up the car during the night time and for tactical purposes (the cop doesn't know who you are)...

I wasn't there though so who knows if any of it was justified.. just throwing out my .02
Old 02-09-2005, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well you have witnesses, and also, im not familiar with the
xB, but are the parking lights the same as the tC where
they are "courtesy lights"?

Plus you were going down the road, I didn't see anywhere
you said you pulled out of the steak and shake and you were in the process of turning your lights on

so i must question also, why were you going down the road with your parking lights on?
Old 02-09-2005, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For a college student, you sure have problems with little
things like punctuation. I can see how you would forget your
lights.

The cop was technically correct in giving you a ticket, but
he didn't have to. He could have just said "turn your lights
on son, and be careful".

Must have been quota time for the troopers.
Sorry to hear about the ticket though, that is a bummer.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a little tip: If you get pulled over for whatever reason, be VERY respectful. DO NOT have an attitude like "why you hassling me, man?" I'm not saying you were. For all I know, you were very respectful. I'm using this as a general statement. A lot of police officers get really tired of dealing with smart-mouthed punk kids who want to act all tuff to impress their friends in the car. Often times, if you are nice and respectful, you may get off on a warning. It's usually up to the officer's discretion to write you up, or give you a warning. I've been pulled over 5 times in my life. I've gotten one ticket (several years ago).
Old 02-09-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Here's a little tip: If you get pulled over for whatever reason, be VERY respectful. DO NOT have an attitude like "why you hassling me, man?" I'm not saying you were. For all I know, you were very respectful. I'm using this as a general statement. A lot of police officers get really tired of dealing with smart-mouthed punk kids who want to act all tuff to impress their friends in the car. Often times, if you are nice and respectful, you may get off on a warning. It's usually up to the officer's discretion to write you up, or give you a warning. I've been pulled over 5 times in my life. I've gotten one ticket (several years ago).
I bet the ticket was from a PA State Trooper!

Because my first ticket came from them haha!
Old 02-09-2005, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
I bet the ticket was from a PA State Trooper!

Because my first ticket came from them haha!
LOL...yep! I deserved it though. 55 in a 35
Old 02-09-2005, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lonely Raven
For a college student, you sure have problems with little
things like punctuation. I can see how you would forget your
lights.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default Re: some cops are jerks

Originally Posted by scionguy05
some cops are _______s i just had to vent
Thanks! I resemble that remark, and I have one also.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wen ar peopl going to realis that this is a web foruum and not no english clas

-Z
Old 02-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Here I am on the left, in the Michael's Muffler t-shirt and Oakley prescription glasses. I'm 5'7" and 205 lbs.

So you know if I stop anyone in Oakland, you know who you are dealing with.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt say all cops were A$$holes just some, and i was was really respectful, i was just dumbfounded on why he pulled me over, i had no clue! and i didnt smart off to him even though i wanted to, and especially when he asked me is that alchol i smell on ur breath i felt like sayn ...no i just have really bad breath but, i bit my tongue. and this is a web site not a english class, i cant spell, thats what spell check is for.. get off my nutz about my grammer
Old 02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

o and by the way to the person that made the comment about how your lights werent on my lights were on, cause when he pulled me over my friend said i just turn my car off and when i did i was like well i better turn the light out to, and you know what when i turned the light button to the off postion the wall to the building in front of me went dark, and thats when he shined his dam spot light on me, and when i checked the ticket the sob cop wrote down probably cause no head lights... he just wanted to pull me over cause i had 4 young guys in my car and it was 1am and he was fishing for something but i was doing nothing wrong so he had to make an excuse
Old 02-09-2005, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionguy05
get off my nutz about my grammer
It has nothing to do with "grammer." It's the fact that your posts are one really long run-on sentence. Take the time and read what you wrote. If it doesn't sound like you can take a breath somewhere in there, then try breaking it up with punctuation, like periods.

Yeah, your "grammer" sucks, but that wasn't the point. If you use the word "and" more than a couple of times in a sentence you need some periods. Your first "sentence" in your last post was *104* words without a break, and the only break you had in the entire post (143 words) was ellipses.

There's a reason I don't come to this forum all that often. It has a lot to do with the fact that people have so little respect for each other that they expect others to have to translate the gobbledy____ that they spew out in text. When asked to translate they get all whiney and complain that "this isn't english class." Well, it makes you look illiterate and lazy.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I'm stupider now than I was 30 seconds ago.

Quick Reply: some cops are jerks