Some People just "dont like", they "Hate"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 07:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Some People just "dont like", they "Hate"

Why is it people Hate the XB I mean there are cars I dont like but I dont hate any car. Just the other day I was parked at my sons Hockey game and someone spit on my car WTF I did nothing to them why hate my car it also did nothing to them. What happen to values in kids and to RESPECT other peoples things. I would never touch anyones car, and I have taught this to my kids to be respectfull. I would kick there ___ if I found out they spit on a car, keyed a car or egged a car. I know this is my 2cent gripe or just maybe Im getting old so be it
Old 05-16-2004, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't get hate - I get almost nothing but positive reactions once someone looks over the car.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they're jealous. man people freak out when they see something different. i mean its totally alright if they dont like your car or think its stupid..but when they start spitin or keying it...they've got issues cause they dont know how to just deal with things they've never seen. weak people man. like i wouldnt care if someone yelled "YOUR CARS ____ING UGLY!"....thats somebodys opinion to you, but if they're vandalizing your property when no one's looking, you can bet they've probably had a rough life. but if you catch them next time definatly kick the ____ outta them...it'll make it better for the rest of us . good luck dude.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I agree with Hate_Adict. Those type of people have issues and they are jealous. They just wish that they had a nice ride. Also, I think that a person would 'vandalize' your car if their buddy says something stupid to them like..."wtf is that? what an ugly car!"...that person then would probably do something stupid to your car just to prove a point to their buddy. Just my opinion. However, once you mess with someone stuff, it'll come back to them. :twisted:
Old 05-16-2004, 03:36 PM

not suire why we have so many haters, but I am sure a lot of other car owners have the same problem. :o Sorry to hear that your car got hated on.

Old 05-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

Haterz have low-self esteem. :D
Old 05-16-2004, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yup. the first full day my wife had her lava there was two huge lugies on the drivers side door/window. I think it's like it was stated above, weak/insucure people are scared of things they don't get and feel hate towards them. It's the sign this person will be a future politition or jhadist </spellcheck>
Old 05-16-2004, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i get alot of positive stuff from people, but it tends to be the older crowd... but from the younger crowd i get alot off bullsh*t from them.... One hot thinkg to do on a fri or sat night is to "roll up to BurgerKing" (a hang out for alot of tuners). Well needless to say my xB is bone stock and roll'en on the 15" steellies, so it doesnt really have a Bad@$$ look to it...yet! So i tend to get comments like.....well lets just say some affending remarks. I think it's if you keep your Scion stock looking, you must be woman, or someone seeking your own gender. But i dont care, i bought this car as a cheap, practical, fun car that i can put a few mods in and enjoy. I guess some people just dont understand that
Old 05-17-2004, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Originally Posted by MotoMan_YZ400
I think it's if you keep your Scion stock looking, you must be woman, or someone seeking your own gender. But i dont care, i bought this car as a cheap, practical, fun car that i can put a few mods in and enjoy. I guess some people just dont understand that
man, i was just about to go bonkers on your ___ (yes, i said bonkers) for that comment till i realized how you meant it.... :oops: (unless you meant it in another way then )lol but anyway, I dont get many haters, mostly women who say "its so cute" the only people i know who hate it are my own family!!!! and one of my friends but he drives a cutlass soooo.......ya you know how that one goes.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

every time i tell my wife that i'm gonna get an xB, she says that she hates them and thinks that they are ugly, like the Honda Element. all i have to say is, she doesn't have to ride in it. she'll be getting a new car before i get my xB anyways.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

the best was when i was eating brunch at a place near the beach and some guy sittign right behind me was playing with my puppy (as we can take pets to eat brunch)

he was playing with my puppy and dissing my lavabox at the same time.

'kids ca draw better than it was designed' i finally decided to break it to him...

'oh yeah? im sure a fetus in my womb could draw my car, doesn't mean its ugly, jsut different.' then he looked at me funny 'yea that my scion xB you are trashing there' he got kinda pale face and then kept going. i asked what he drove...

a pt cruiser.

then he went on about hwo awesome PT cruisers were and how he is a part of a worldwide club.. blah blah as if it was sumthign SPECIAL that no other car had. then i told him about my other car and the worldwide club we have.. and he finally shutup

he is a perfect example of ignorance!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:03 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

I was at wawa getting gas, and this guy yelled scions are ___, he was rolling in som 80's pickup with some cheap subs. so I got in and turnd my subs on and his jaw dropped.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know if its me but I get the feeling there is more hate on the east coast than on the west. I see a lot of scion snobbery too. Only one dude in an xA ever gave the what's up nod or wave or whatever. Three out of the four xBs I've been near just glared at me.

Oh and the people who drive mini coopers are the worst! I've had guys just cut me off on purpose. Serious a$$wholes!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

well prolly cause the west coast has had them for a while, so i think the people there calmed down. east coast.... its still new....give it time it will calm down.

jsut notice that America generally hates anything new... b/c new=defferent and difference creates fear and fear creates hate and anger. what a great country we live in.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shutterbug
every time i tell my wife that i'm gonna get an xB, she says that she hates them and thinks that they are ugly, like the Honda Element. all i have to say is, she doesn't have to ride in it. she'll be getting a new car before i get my xB anyways.
i know how this goes...i told my ex girlfriend that i was getting one and she started telling me how ugly theyre and what not. I told her "so i dont care its not yours your not gunna be in the driver seat or prolly not even the passenger OOOOO" and she shut up haha (we play like this but i was partially serious)

people hate cause theyre jealous.. they complain how they dont have this how other people are rich when in reality they dont do shyt to try to get to the top they just _____ and moan. I can understand if your at the bottom but if your at least trying then more power to you at least your trying. since the poeple that whine that dont have anything they dont want others to have anything nice aswell thats why some of our boxes get hated on cause they go for the things that are different. its like in grade school. kids would pick on other kids cause theyre different. some people hate cause things are different theyre not use to change as hate adict said. it shows how weak theyre.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toyota_Kitten
well prolly cause the west coast has had them for a while, so i think the people there calmed down. east coast.... its still new....give it time it will calm down.

jsut notice that America generally hates anything new... b/c new=defferent and difference creates fear and fear creates hate and anger. what a great country we live in.
Did Yoda drive an xB? Just curious... well put. :D
Old 05-17-2004, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I get a lot of people in the dealership showing them Toyota's and when they see the xB, they ask "What is that?" I tell them and they tell me that they think it's ugly. I ask them why and they tell me that it looks like a box. I make them sit in it, then they all of a sudden think it's great, but still wouldn't be interested because its ugly. Then I tell them that I bought one and they give me a funny look and I smack them on a new Toyota. :D
Old 05-17-2004, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.
Scion Evolution

No hate here.. Maybe it's because I'm pretty intimidating at 1st sight. (350lbs,6'2", 56"chest, squat 1000lbs) People might tend to hold their tounge once I step out of the vehicle

I just showed the car in Iowa (there on business) pretty spur of the moment thing.. everyone loved it! and no one there had seen it before..

http://community.webshots.com/user/wazzup7
Old 05-17-2004, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

For the most part I ve found most people like the car, even the ones with there goofy coments like nice milk truck or the ever popular hey man that things nothing but a box !! Well thanks captain obvious I thought it had bodylines like a porsche 911 For the most part after there dopey comment and they actually look at it most people always say its diffrent but nice.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

When I first saw the xB I didn't like it. I was really interested in an xA though, so I ended up at the Scion dealer.

Took me two visits to get warmed up to it and, now, I love the xB.

So, I take that approach when I see/hear people who don't like it. I'm sure I sound like a damn car commercial but it gets the job done.

I explain the standard features, the room inside, upgradablity, aftermarket, etc. Then, when they're finally nodding along with me, I hit them with the price of a stock 5-spd. When they hear "Under 15 G's", they can't believe it. Especially when they find out it's got all toyota running gear underneath (a lot of people have no concept that it's really a toyota).

Pop the hood, show them the VVT-i logo and, bam, a new convert.

Quick Reply: Some People just "dont like", they "Hate"