Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Thinking of Selling My xB

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member

Default Thinking of Selling My xB

I bought my xB last February and now I'm thinking about selling it for a 2005 Mustang. Anyone have any idea what kind of money I should expect to bring in?

Its got 14,000 miles, lowered 2", 18" rims the TRD ones, 6 disk cd changer, cup holder illuminations, under dash neons, and a tv in front of the passangers seat.
I will also be including all of the stock parts like the regular springs and a set of 15" tires.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

probably about 10K
Old 12-09-2004, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member

send me some pics my fiance might buy it,
Old 12-09-2004, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

How could a person with the personality to buy an xB turn around and buy a Mustang? Granted the new Mustangs are decent looking (at least comapred to models past), but going from one of the most unique vehicles to arguably the most popular model vehicle ever made, that is strange to me. I won't lie though, I love the retro look of the new Mustangs.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:55 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by pdrizzle
How could a person with the personality to buy an xB turn around and buy a Mustang? Granted the new Mustangs are decent looking (at least comapred to models past), but going from one of the most unique vehicles to arguably the most popular model vehicle ever made, that is strange to me. I won't lie though, I love the retro look of the new Mustangs.
everyone and their mom will have one
Old 12-09-2004, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got 11k for mine at the dealer, with mustangs being marked up and not 'pure priced' you can probably get about 13k for yours. mine was an 04, 5 speed with 18k and I traded it in for another box so there was not much room to work with really.

btw I am looking at a mustang also maybe in the next year or two and I am keeping the box regardless because it is practical. a mustang that gets ____ty mileage is just not practical for me seeing a do a ton of driving and it seems you are probably the same way.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I haven't seen any new model Mustangs modded yet. I'd like to see how much power can be squeezed out of an '06. I hear they are continuing to become more fuel efficient and faster out of the factory. They won't bring back the 5.0 (yet), but I hear the new models' motor has as much potential.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hell, why would the ever bring back the 5.0? They may bump up the displacement of the 4.6 eventually to 5 liters. But they would be taking a huge leap backwards to just drop the old 5.0 back in. It's a pushrod motor, overhead valve. They have been using overhead cam forever now. They need to drop the old Lincoln Mark 8 dual overhead cam 4.6 in it. That thing still kicks ___ in my Moms car. Of course the new motor has more potential. It's a more efficient design. Look at all the valvetrain weight that has been shed. I still can't get over that Chevy still uses a pushrod motor in the Vette. For being such obsolete technology they sure do well with it. I hate mustangs. I hate Fords. But you have to admit that the new mustang looks great. Real retro.

As far as the most popular vehicle ever made? Well that was the original VW beetle for just about forever. I think the Corolla finally surpassed it as the best selling car of all time a couple years back.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by SweetDaddyDelicious
Hell, why would the ever bring back the 5.0? They may bump up the displacement of the 4.6 eventually to 5 liters. But they would be taking a huge leap backwards to just drop the old 5.0 back in. It's a pushrod motor, overhead valve. They have been using overhead cam forever now. They need to drop the old Lincoln Mark 8 dual overhead cam 4.6 in it. That thing still kicks ___ in my Moms car. Of course the new motor has more potential. It's a more efficient design. Look at all the valvetrain weight that has been shed. I still can't get over that Chevy still uses a pushrod motor in the Vette. For being such obsolete technology they sure do well with it. I hate mustangs. I hate Fords. But you have to admit that the new mustang looks great. Real retro.

As far as the most popular vehicle ever made? Well that was the original VW beetle for just about forever. I think the Corolla finally surpassed it as the best selling car of all time a couple years back.
man besides the mark8 comments your post is like 100% on with my thinking also. and on another note modded new stangs look sooo good alot better than stock .ALOT better.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I sold my old 5.0 mustang and bought a xB. They're just cars, they all do the same thing... having something new is always fun too.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I felt the same way a few months ago. I wanted to get rid of my box. I guess for me the novelty had worn off. My wife gave me the look again "You won't to get rid of another car?" Meanwhile I have invested a couple of grand in the XB trying to re-interest myself. Only time will tell. :?
Old 12-09-2004, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if you really want it nothing would stop you, but i would not get the first model year....too many unknowns.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hit up kbb.com. put in the options that they allow (permium wheels, disc changeer, etc) and what you hav ethat they don't have noone will pay more for anyway. I've been thinking of selling mine, but I'd need 13K for it.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't seen any new model Mustangs modded yet. I'd like to see how much power can be squeezed out of an '06. I hear they are continuing to become more fuel efficient and faster out of the factory. They won't bring back the 5.0 (yet), but I hear the new models' motor has as much potential.
Here's some modded 05 Stang pics...

JMO, for the money, I would still buy an 03-04 Cobra instead of the new body style 05 Mustang.

Here's a short vid of a Cobra... gotta love the sound of the blower!

http://www.mustangmagic.com/videos/uvs040911-002.MPG

2005 Mustang Saleen

Old 12-11-2004, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First model year Ford?

Good luck dude.

Before you do that, I suggest you talk to some people who bought first model year Focuses or Thunderbirds.

Ford: Quality is job # 69,432
Old 12-11-2004, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nest
First model year Ford?

Good luck dude.

Before you do that, I suggest you talk to some people who bought first model year Focuses or Thunderbirds.

Ford: Quality is job # 69,432
Just curious to know how many Fords you have owned.
I've had 4 in the past with no reliability problems.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i don't like the grill on the saleen....

but that gt-r....side exhaust....

thats damn sexy....(said like fat bastard)
Old 12-11-2004, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

studies show that ford initial release quality is very low, but in later model years they improve greatly. In other words, first year of a new model and fords don't get along, but after a couple years they're very good. I had a first year contour and it had a few probs but nothing to worry about. I'd hope they work a little harder to make the 'stang bullet proof, since it's really their flag ship in the car sector.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

damn those stangs up there are really really sexy
Old 12-11-2004, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How could a person with the personality to buy an xB turn around and buy a Mustang?
You are stupid. One does not need "personality" to buy an xB, but one might have the misguided notion that buying a car will give them "personality."

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling My xB