Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Trade in my tcm xb for a 06 civic si????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Trade in my tcm xb for a 06 civic si????????

i love my xb but long before i got it, i was a honda man. once i saw the room in the box, i was hooked. i thought here's a kick ___ car with room to start a family. well now i realize that i will not be starting a family any time soon and the new si coupe is looking pretty nice!!!! fire away! your views are much appriciated.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're posting on a Scion forum, i don't think i need to say any more
Old 09-27-2005, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ dido
Old 09-27-2005, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

point taken
Old 09-27-2005, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, try posting this on an unbaised forum for honest opinions. some guy posted the exact question but wanted to get rid of his tc and they just lashed out at him w/ none sense. personally i would take the new '06 if you had the money. they are starting to grow on me. i was thinking about trading in my rsx-s for one but i probably won't unless i'm blown away w/ the test drive. good luck w/ your decision and hope you make the best choice.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unless you need the xB's space, or "utility features" like a roof rack or the fact that you can fold down the seats and use the car like a camper, get the Si. Or at least test drive it first, and if you still like it, then yeah.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

I'd get the Si...and I might, seriously
Old 09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Having owned both a 99 an 02 Si, I would say go for it. I opted for the xB this time around for a lot of reasons like price, utility, four doors, unique stying and I do have 3 girls who fought like 3 cats in a burlap bag in the back seat of the Si...

Don't ya wish you could have the xB and the Si?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used to have a 00 civic coupe and then a 02 civic si and saw the scion xb and was hooked, so i was in the same boat . but now its two years later and i have had two scions, i can look at other cars and think of them as viable replacements without thinking any less of scion.

personally the 06 Si is an impressive car, but i doubt they will be charging less than 20K for that thing for a while, maybe even mark it up a few grand. So unless you are absolutely are in love with that car and need it asap, i would wait for it drop in price or even go discounted in the newspaper before buying one.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would stick with the xB. The new Si does have almost 200hp, but something crappy like 135lb-ft of torque. If you are looking for a compact performance car there is MUCH better out there for the price.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member

I love the looks of the new civic(SI included), but just a few days ago I went to sit inside the sedan and holy crap was this thing hard to get in and out of and I am only 5'7" . As many times I get in and out of a car in 1 day ( kids,work, etc.) that did in for me right away. Love my new XB, easy to get in and out and great view out the windows.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was also thinking about a new '06. My first car was a 91 Civic, I loved it. I ended up giving it to a friends little brother as his first car, and guess what, last time I saw him the car had 250,000 miles, AND IT STILL RUNS GOOD!

I'm not into coupes, but I would totally rock the sedan with a Mugen package!

I could get just about what I owe on the xB if I sold it, so I would just have to make up the difference. I'm seriously considering it.

-THE DON
Old 09-27-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

have fun with that honduh. only honduh i'd get would be a motor swapped and turbo hatch , crx or del sol.
b18 with greddy or better turbo equals 13.1 quarter mile or faster!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The first thing you will notice is the SERIOUS lack of room. I dont even like riding in my Husbands S10 EXT becuase I feel like the cab is gonna fall in on me!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're going to pay that much for a Civic.. you might as well go all out and get a Lancer Evo MR. I think it's worth the extra 15 grand LOL....
Old 09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The important thing to consider is:
Are you upside down (owe more than the xB's worth) on your payments? That's where dealerships will hurt you most. Once they find out that you are upside down, they'll increase the price significantly.

Also think about your insurance premium. You are going from a Van insurance rated vechicle to a sport coupe w/the Si powertrain. Do you really need the Si or would the non-Si Civic suffice? The Civic coupe has a small trunk space.

Both are two different cars. But here is why I bought an xB:
The Camry "family" sedan was good. But it wasn't what I needed. I didn't need a trunk but a cargo hold. Thus came the xB. Has the cargo room, extra added items, and still cheap compared to the competition (Matrix, Focus ZX5). Yes the xB is a little stiff compared to the cruise ship Camry but I like the "sport" tuned suspension. It is more agile around the corners than the '98 Corolla I had.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

06' si definitely. I was a honda man as well before buying the xb. If i can get a decent amount for the xb when the si lands in december, im buying one. I dont know about anywhere else, but at the mall of georgia honda they have a waiting list for them.

Cya
Old 09-27-2005, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

and people said the xB is ugly, sheesh! the new si looks too much like a saturn to me. it really depends on if you're a honda guy or not. honestly, i like torque, and i don't want to have to rev the everloving crap out of my engine to get power, so i don't like honda. i testdrove the current si, and i like hatchbacks and the placement of the shifter was nice, but i just can't stand honda engines.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well that's a heck of a lot more feedback than i thought i would get. thanks for the input. i'm about $500 under on the xb , i'm really not concerned about insurance, and i LOVE that high rev. but i am 5'10" about 260lbs , so it may take some use to getting in and out of, but i think it's deffinetly worth a test drive!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say do it.

i had a civic before and it was totalled and i am seriously thinking about backing out of the xb and just going for the civic. the design is simply amazing especially the interior.

Quick Reply: Trade in my tcm xb for a 06 civic si????????