Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

What Did your friends think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member

Default What Did your friends think?

Tell us what your story about when your friends found out that you were going to buy the xB?

Mine thought it looked completely rediculous and was going to be a waste of money.
but then I took them to the scion dealership today and they checked em out and were makeing their own 15minutes later they love the xB they think it is awesome as do I one of my friends that was totally against it decided that he wants to buy one now :D
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

they just laughed at the square car
Old 12-06-2005, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some --->

Others --->
Old 12-06-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

^ditto,
but most of my friends love it, they cant get enough of it, its kinda wierd
Old 12-06-2005, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think anyone I know personally likes it. They all think it's just a box and really ugly.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some of my friends can't stop talking about it! My co-worker is constantly telling me what she likes about it.
A good friend didn't realize I was getting it and got excited when he saw it:
"Oh my god! It looks like a hearse! So awesome!"
Old 12-06-2005, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xB_Factor
Some --->

Others --->
Same here...its about a 50/50 split between the lovers and the haters.

I like the fact no one is indifferent about it. My box always invokes a response.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at first, then they sit in it...

then
Old 12-06-2005, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I picked my Dad up from the airport right after I got it and he asked me if I unhitched it from the baggage cars and stole it off the runway. LOL
Old 12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default o...

My friends hate the look but I am going to the xB from a hummer so I wanted something with a similar boxy look. one of my mods is going to be to install roof lights onto my xB - similiar to the h2... Not the huge flood lights - those small maybe 2 inch by 3 inch lights that are directly above the windshield... that'd look hawt ;]

either way, i like that people dislike the box! at least my car will be the most functional and economical of all of my friends rides! i went from one extreme to the other! lol!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

They all thought I was nuts. That is until they sat in it and/or drove it. My friends won't buy one, they like to show off their money, but my Sister and BIL both bought one a few months after I bought mine.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by MattMoore

then
^^that was exactly what im going to say...

when i first told my friend that im going to get the xB, he said "you're going to get a car that is smaller than your Tercel?" then when i showed to him and let him sit inside, he said "son of a b*tch! this f*cking a lot of head room for this toaster!" thats coming from a Chevy guy...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My best friend drives an 04 GTI 1.8T (that I convinced him to get) - until I got the box THAT was the coolest car for us to cruise around in and listen to music. Now, no matter where we go, we have to take the box because he loves all the attention it gets. It's gotten to the point that if he's standing near the car and someone asks him about it, he can rattle off the "elevator pitch" - "it's a new line from Toyota, gets 35mpg, and cost $15K", and this coming from someone who knows jack about cars!

When my uncle first saw it, he told me it was too boxy. He drives a Suzuki Samurai.

My other friends love it, but they're huge car fanatics so they know the "coolness" of it.

The best was when the above mentioned best friend's Dad saw the back seat, he said "You can have sex back here!"
Old 12-06-2005, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MattMoore

then
Same here.

Them: "You bought THAT thing?! Why? That's awful!
Me: "Let's go for a ride."
Them (post ride): "Wow! That has plenty of room. It's comfortable. This is neato, etc."
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I agree with HeathenBrewing, people either Love it or Hate it, nobody's in the middle. The polarization is part of what attracted me to it. Like that old saying, it's a face only a mother could love...

My favorite thing to do with skeptics is to have them sit in the front seat, which i always have slid back all the way. After they see how much room there is, I have them get out and sit in the back seat, right behind the fully slid driver's seat. Nobody's knees have ever touched the seat. It changes their whole view of this bitty little ride.

My favorite remark was from my H.S. buddy. We're driving along and he just says "remember when we used to make fun of Volvos..." and just left it hangin' there.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
I agree with HeathenBrewing, people either Love it or Hate it, nobody's in the middle. The polarization is part of what attracted me to it. Like that old saying, it's a face only a mother could love...

My favorite thing to do with skeptics is to have them sit in the front seat, which i always have slid back all the way. After they see how much room there is, I have them get out and sit in the back seat, right behind the fully slid driver's seat. Nobody's knees have ever touched the seat. It changes their whole view of this bitty little ride.

My favorite remark was from my H.S. buddy. We're driving along and he just says "remember when we used to make fun of Volvos..." and just left it hangin' there.
HAHA!!!

I do the SAME thing with the seats….simply blows the mind of the "unbelivers" (as it did mine when I first got into the back seats) that there is that much real estate shoved into such a small box.

One of the big selling points for me was how "odd" it looked. I did not want a standard (read:boring) car that everyone had. Besides that, I like to push peoples buttons!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

they laughed at me when i said i was bying it but then when they saw it they were like damn.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
I did not want a standard (read:boring) car that everyone had. Besides that, I like to push peoples buttons!
LOL Same here.

Anybody can buy a cookie-cutter car, but what are people going to see when they driver around. The funny little box on wheels, or the car that looks like the 1000 others next to it.

As for pushing people's buttons....kudos...I love how people can hate on something they don't even know anything about. It makes me sad that ignorance is still so rife throughout our society, but happy that I'm driving something that counfounds the "dumbMasses".
Old 12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, I love the difference in shape. It's the antithesis of all the other cars out there.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Yeah, I love the difference in shape. It's the antithesis of all the other cars out there.
Except the Astrovan and the Element.

I have too many ppl tell me its a shrunken version of either of those car, when even a blind man can see how much smoother the xB is.

Quick Reply: What Did your friends think?