Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

What is my xb worth

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member

Default What is my xb worth

With resale value so close to a new one ,How do you find a happy medium.I want to post picks up of my xb but dont know how ,any one here who can' and can give me some input on it. If not thanks anyway.Been member for about 3years now ,just dont post much
Old 06-04-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

To post picks you must open a Photo Bucket account to host the pics. If you spent more time on here you would have learned this.
Why you been MIA all this time and only show up when you want to off your Scion. Nice!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you got on www.kbb.com? That should give you a good idea whats its worth.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You need 50 posts to sell on the site. You need to read this to post pics:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60317
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats your xb worth {only it's weight in gold} i'm on my second one and I will never make the mistake of selling it. Take it from me when I got rid of my first one it didn't take but about 2 months and I saw one goin down the road and I felt like a worthless piece of crap.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member

Default xb

Thank-You for the info guys. I know that you have to have 50 posts to sell here ,but I think it is a little unfair to people that have been members of this site for a long time and dont post alot . I could have posted yes -no on a post -or posts just to get fifty .Would that make me a better or more qualified seller ?I know it is just to protect the members ,but that is not why I come on this site .I come on this site for,Good people-great pictures ,great cars ,great information. good atmosphere. I was just curious with the competitive prices and the time and money people put into our scions and when it is time to sell ,It seems like their giving it away
Old 06-06-2007, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what we have now is a quite limited production vehicle, free of quirks or flaws, that will probably increase in value over the years. if toyota thinks they somehow missed the mark when marketing the Xb (1st gen), they may be in for more of a surprise with this decision to cease (IMHO). and yeah, the 50 post thing seems excessive to sell stuff. i'm sitting on alot of stock items and the moderators are not counting posts the way the members said they would. i'll probably give up before 50 posts and go e-bay. i do love my box though and have received much good info from you all. ain't done yet!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

hmm, makes me wonder if it'd be more valuable if I don't mod mine whatsoever in any way
Old 06-07-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by milhows
hmm, makes me wonder if it'd be more valuable if I don't mod mine whatsoever in any way
Yes, maybe if you store it away for 20 plus years. Could you imagine making payments on something thats sitting in storage.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't think i could stand to see mine (or anyones) just sit whether it was paid for or not! way too fun to drive. i ride a big v-twin and 'the box' is the closest thing to that. it's a cornerin' SOB!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrsocks
i don't think i could stand to see mine (or anyones) just sit whether it was paid for or not! way too fun to drive. i ride a big v-twin and 'the box' is the closest thing to that. it's a cornerin' SOB!!!
If ya think it corners now wait till you add a TRD/Progress rear bar and the Energy front bushings. Talk about being on rails!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't have sway bars, i wonder cause i got air bags if i drove into water i would float? put me on a trolling motor and go fishing in the box.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey bB2NER...i understand sway bars and stuff, but just how do bushings help?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

The stock rubber pieces leave plenty of room for upgrade and are kinda cheezy. The bushings will tighten up the slack and allow the front swaybar to do a more precise job. Plus the bushings & hardware needed only costs like 30 bucks total. Install time is well under an hour. It's a proven improvement mod for sure.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Carnauba
Whats your xb worth {only it's weight in gold} i'm on my second one and I will never make the mistake of selling it. Take it from me when I got rid of my first one it didn't take but about 2 months and I saw one goin down the road and I felt like a worthless piece of crap.
I hear ya! Took me 5-months though. Four of those months included checking for Scion Certified Pre-Owned xBs on Scions website. IMO, the RS models have more resale value.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

Ok, i hate to be the one to tell you, but your car is only worth as much as you think it is to you, and only you. Now that the xB2 has hit the market, the re-sale for the 1st gen has gone down. A few years back you could get almost sticker price for a used box, now not so much. I was going to trade mine in for a xB2, and was going to get around 12K for it. For private sale i tried 13K, i had some nibbles, but nothing concrete. That was for a RS1 ( most desireable ) with little modification. Now im glad i havent sold it, cause i have fallen in love with it all over again.

I know there are guys on here who suggest that the re-sale on these will go up, but i doubt it. Right now, there are plenty of cars out there that are good on gas. You would have to find a die hard Scion xB owner who absolutely had to have your car in order to get a decent price on it.

Yeah theres a small cult following for the Scion brand, but its not over powering. And you have a low end car. Yeah it means the world to you, but to the average Joe Schmo ... its an econo box, not a Ferrari. A lightly used xB will never fetch more then 12K .... and i wouldnt ever look to see one on Barret-Jackson selling for 10s of thousands. Sorry
Old 06-10-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any market is controlled ONLY by supply and demand. even a low demand can drive prices up with an even lower supply. with vehicles, any vehicles, resale is almost never affected by any aftermarket goodies what-so-ever. 13k for a trade is most generous for an Xb of any ilk! in my area with a population of about one million, i have seen 5 or 6 Tc's, 3 or 4 Xb's and no Xa's for sale in the newspapers over an almost 2 year period. while certainly not sciontific (tee hee), this observation tells me that the avaialable supply of boxes is minimal and that brings us back to the first sentence. time of course will be the real teller of the tale and i will wait anxiously to see what unfolds. i bought it and will continue to keep it primarily 'cause of its looks. subsequently (and naturally) i can never call the 2nd gen a box and could and would not own one! VIVA CAJITA! gracias amigos!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
SL Member

From what I've seen at places like ebay and cars.com the xB is holding very strong. A previous poster said it worth "only" 12-13k. Thats still pretty high considering it was only 14k to buy it new.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

EXACTLY virgin!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Def good to hear! Not like we are looking to off them anytime soon tho.

Quick Reply: What is my xb worth