Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

xB or 2000 Echo

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member

Default xB or 2000 Echo

i just want your opinion on this. This will be my first car that im ever gonna buy in my life, and i want to make the right decision before i pull the trigger (so to speak). i want to get the xB but if push came to shove i would have to get the Echo.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

omg XB all the way. u want the extra room, the extra style, and the more comfortable ride.

i woud choose an XB. go test driv 1 and find out wat i mean
Old 08-15-2004, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member

i kno that scion has some sort of first time buyer program. i hav test driven the xB and the echo and IMO the xB is better, but i dont wanna screw up my credit say if i lose my job and cant pay for it (needless to say, it would be the same way it would be the same way if i went for the echo but it wouldnt be as bad.) only if knew what to do. :?
Old 08-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

XB.....by Far....
Old 08-15-2004, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I am suprised that you are having trouble deciding.. XB BABY!!

-nt
Old 08-15-2004, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

xB, no doubt!

Same reasons as listed above.

Dave.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you seriously expecting objective options at a Scion forum?
The members of the Toyota Echo forum - if one exists - might offer you a different opinion. Or the same!

reagan
Old 08-15-2004, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I've owned both. Get the xB. it is alot roomier, and a heck of a lot more fun to drive.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.echodrivers.com if you want to get some words from the echo guys. I will tell you why im looking into getting a xA over a Echo. The major thing is the standard features. Now when you add on Power Windows, ABS, 15 Wheels, A/C, Rear Defrost, Power Steering & all thost other things you get a car that is about the same price as the scions. Also if you are into the after market then you will have better luck getting a scion to. I will try to figure out about how much a echo would be with all the options stacked onto it.

Edit: For a 2 Door Echo with most of the major options on it, the cost would be $12,430 but you still dont get ABS or power windows with that price. There might be some other things I cant recall right now either so as you can see the major choice would came down to you & what you want. About the only real + I can see with the Echo is the gas milage.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by reagan9000
Are you seriously expecting objective options at a Scion forum?
The members of the Toyota Echo forum - if one exists - might offer you a different opinion. Or the same!

reagan
I just want a general idea cause this is THE FIRST car im ever gonna buy and im getting different opinions from family and friends and i just need a little help deciding thats all im asking fer.

:D
Old 08-15-2004, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member

I think Motortrend put it best whe they said (SIC) "Driving the toyota echo is the equvalent to taking a laxative, you take the ride becuase you need to and you are happy when it is over". You obviosly want a cool car becuase you are on a forum. They Are both toyotas, and the are both increadibly reliable, but you are not getting laid in an echo (that is to say you can/want to get laid in the first place). If you dont care about looks or drive quality, get the echo. If its a problem with not affording the scion, get a camaro, not an echo!

Good luck and follow your heart. You will always regret not doing so.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member

interesting point there man
Old 08-15-2004, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

look at it from this point of veiw. if you were to loose your job ( assuming payments would be close between the 2) would you rather wreck your credit and still lok like you had some style and class ( xB) or would you rather wreck your credit and your reputation by making everyone think you took your Moms car for your next interveiw (Echo)? lol each is own but by far you get more with the xB for your money i think and the oddity of it certainly is appreciative as well. good luck on your decision....
Old 08-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

Order a bone stock xB. Go to your dealer and dont add accesories. Especially the whack cargo cover. If you want accesories, I highly recommend the cargo liner that has a rear bumper flap. Also the bumper applique is pointless, I dont have it but it's one expensive skateboard grip tape.

If possible, put a big deposit to reduce your monthly payment. Or dont finance the taxes, registration. Pay those with a check.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by fr130
Order a bone stock xB. Go to your dealer and dont add accesories. Especially the whack cargo cover. If you want accesories, I highly recommend the cargo liner that has a rear bumper flap. Also the bumper applique is pointless, I dont have it but it's one expensive skateboard grip tape.

If possible, put a big deposit to reduce your monthly payment. Or dont finance the taxes, registration. Pay those with a check.
Good points to keep in mind.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member

i just found a nice little tidbit on scions web site. turns out the gen-one program isnt available here in fl. but it also said there might be some kind of similar program offered by toyota and world omni financial or something. this might be harder than i tought
:? and i hav NO Credit so i might be outts luck but ill hav to find out.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Banned
SL Member

Check out your local Credit Union or your bank. Yes, South East Toyota distriburos also have these rediculous document fee (ranging from $150 to 500 ) Ask the Florida region forum or look through that forum section for the lowest documentation fee.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pre-2004 Echo with the nasty body cladding is gross. The 2004+ facelifted ones (I believe that is the correct year) is much more attractive, I could see myself owning one if I had to but not the nasty body cladding one.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member

i dont like the new echos, they dont look good to me. i like the older body style personally.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

You are just here for attention, you know damned well which you should get. Which I think is fine, really, I need some attention too...

Quick Reply: xB or 2000 Echo