Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

xb aftermarket alarm. i got egged!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:14 AM

Default xb aftermarket alarm. i got egged!

well, its time to hook up a good alarm on the good ole box... someone egged the darn thing just a bit ago (its 12 now and it happoned at 10:30 pm). i wouldnt be worried about it but for the fact that this was the second time. the first time, i had my other car out by the road, it didnt have a nice paint job on it at the time any ways, but some one egged it. just 1 egg. it rickoshayed off the roof. i noticed because there was shell on the side walk. i had to look the car over 3 times and didnt see any egg. when i got to work on monday, someone pointed out a nice chip in the roof line. sure enough. i figured it was a buncha kids or something. but, tonight was the last straw. i am a pretty nice, mellow guy. i dont have any enemys that i know of. i guess i do now, but not as of 10:29. i was just sittin here mindin my own, doin some school and i herd "BAM" VROOOOOOOOM. went out side, looked around, steped in wet egg and looked up at the car and there it was. i rinsed that junk off. next step, find some sort of beating device. no bats in the house so a 18" rachet will have to do the trick. also, some throwing devices such as sockets. i cannot believe how freakin "TOed" i am right now. just to know that someone got the best of me when i least expect it.

so, heres what i need from you guys. i was wondering if there was an add on alarm/shock sensor for the scion xb that would let me hook it up pretty simply. i dont want to spend 4 hours hooking up an alarm and doing all the wireing. also, where is the factory unit located? does anyone have color chart for that?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the factory alarm, and last time I got the ol' egg salad paint job it screamed like a little girl.

And try a paintball gun for defense , marks the culprit, just don't get caught by Johnny Law. but what is the criminal going to do " hey this guy shot my car with a paintball gun when he caught me egging his car"
Old 04-22-2007, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member

here's an idea

how about filing a police report claim to the insurance get money for a "new paint job" [or you can do what i'd do and use the money to buy yourself a fancy car alarm and keep the rest for pocket money]

or what i'd really do

find out who it is, take the moron(s) to court, sue them for a new paint job (get a few estimates first), and you can also sue them for depreciation since you had to repaint your car

now you can use the money to get an alarm and a paintball gun and whatever else you feel like spending it on
Old 04-22-2007, 08:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Sux man. I say try and catch em the next time. Are they doing it about the same time each time?
Either that or park where they don't have access to your car. Like a garage.
I've come to the conclusion that most people are A holes. Scion owners excluded.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My advice is to be really careful about retaliation to these morons. I have been in a running battle with a 17 year old kid that lives by me that likes to go screaming bymy house doing 70 or so in a 30 mph zone. I yell, he flips me off. Lately it has taken a more dangerous turn as he starts f-ing with my house and my stuff around it. I know because I saw him late one night. I call the cops but no luck. One day I decided to folllow him and find out where he lives and bingo! Once he knew that I found out where he lived, it was game over, since his parents caught me in the driveway threatening to kick his butt!. Did not mean to hijack the thread, but now in days like this, you can never be sure what a confrontation will do. I like the advice above, call the cops and file a claim with the insurance.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:23 PM

well i am not really worried about the fact that the paint was messed up... i am going to file a police report tho. just to have the facts written... just got out the good ole video servalance, but it doesnt work too good at night. plus it will just tell me what kinda car it was rather than who it actualy was. my car was out by the road, but my wife's box was in the drive way. not like it was just random. unless it goes in the garage, they would have been able to get it. i do have a paintball gun, but when i went to hook it up last night, there was no CO2. ill throw a few paintballs in the freezer for the time being.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

When my daughters car was being messed with I got a wireless camera and tied it to a VCR every night I would hit record at 8PM and let it record till the tape ran out.
It stoped when I installed the Camera.
They got the windshield,Back glass,passenger door glass and 2 tires over a months time.
Just glad it was a older car (1987 Toyota Nova)

Scott
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just found out the other day that central locking != alarm.

I always thought that my car had an alarm on it, but apparently, I only have electronic doors.

Unless... something is wrong with my car?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShadowOnTheBayou
I just found out the other day that central locking != alarm.

I always thought that my car had an alarm on it, but apparently, I only have electronic doors.

Unless... something is wrong with my car?
\

If all you have is stock (the base model), you have a Panic Alarm (a siren that screams when you hit the little red button on the back of the key fob) and keyless entry / power locks.

The alarm is an extra option. You would have to ask, and pay, for it.

I don't have an alarm, but I'm pretty sure it chirps (beeps?) when you lock the door. Don't quote me on that. As for the stock models, they just click and blink.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:07 AM

yea, my car just blinks... no clicks or honks or cherps...
Old 04-23-2007, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by twistedimage92
well i am not really worried about the fact that the paint was messed up... i am going to file a police report tho. just to have the facts written... just got out the good ole video servalance, but it doesnt work too good at night. plus it will just tell me what kinda car it was rather than who it actualy was. my car was out by the road, but my wife's box was in the drive way. not like it was just random. unless it goes in the garage, they would have been able to get it. i do have a paintball gun, but when i went to hook it up last night, there was no CO2. ill throw a few paintballs in the freezer for the time being.
i know that you're smart enough to wash it off right away but just take the moron to court anyway. make em pay for what they did. you shouldn't even have to hassle with it. why not get extra money for some idiot that egged your precious box.[/b]
Old 04-23-2007, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by twistedimage92
i know that you're smart enough to wash it off right away but just take the moron to court anyway. make em pay for what they did. you shouldn't even have to hassle with it. why not get extra money for some idiot that egged your precious box.[/b]
Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A similar incident happend with my old car , I did a stake out because it happened 2 steady weekends, I hada camera and my own set of Eggs, too bad nobody came, and they better not come again. My advice pal , I would do the same thing I am going to do for my new one. Im guna put a car cover on the sucker and write the plates with a marker on it so the Authorities wont give too much drama. Then put a lil lock on the bottom so the cover cant be taken. A lot of trouble to save some grief I know but its a cruel world with automobile preservation especially when theres no garage space for the box. Worst comes to worst A small camera with night vision they run cheap these days. But it makes some great evidence !
Old 04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do a pretty good job of keeping my xB clean including the windows and I have had someone spit on my drivers side window 3 times within a week. Not a big deal unless you look out the window but it really bugs me that someone would do that. Turned out I think it was someong working in my building since one night I checked it at 10:30pm and then the guy left and there was spit on the window again at 11pm.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biancoxb
Im guna put a car cover on the sucker and write the plates with a marker on it so the Authorities wont give too much drama. Then put a lil lock on the bottom so the cover cant be taken.
you'll be tired of that in a week

I've learned that there's nothing you can do to protect your car from total dumbasses.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:47 PM

yea, i got a camera ready to be set up, i got to get a vcr and 24 hour tape now.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

My PW got egged, i haven't caught them yet i just don't park there any more.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 AM

dont park where? my drive way? where else am i going to park? lol
Old 04-27-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good point . . lol , I wish I had a garage, or a nocturnal eye pecking owl to protect the Xb
Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 PM

its steak out night! ill be out tonight and tomorrow night!

Quick Reply: xb aftermarket alarm. i got egged!