Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

xB/Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it's a riot what these guys do, and it would be even funnier (but waaaay more expensive) to see an xB-ized Escalade or G-wagon. You know the guys that were building these cars were laughing the whole way through the build.

The blue car looks like it's got a mid-90's S10 or Suburban front-end, too.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

its an astro front end, its sold in japan as I remember its around 8 or 9 grand and its 2 peices, the fenders/front end is one part, and the hood is the other part, so your talking about bolting on the entire front end minus hood at one time, so shipping would be close to 3 grand just to get it to the states
Old 09-08-2007, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yea that escalade front end...not my cup of tea but the conversion itself is too simple and easy as well...hey kudos but unlike nez with the benz box and myself ...it looks waaaayyy to simple and plain....and also the headlights are WAY to big for an Xb..

now i'm not hating on those who like it to each his or her own...kudos for doing it but nah i feel the concept fitment wise was poor choice in size and also simplicity...

and i thought the astro was a JDM kit....i remember seeing that back in the day and secretly wanting it *hides* but then i went the total other direction....ive always wanted a conversion....tho never told anyone....i keep my real plans to myself... but never planned on gong as far as i did either...its like a "while your there...how about" LOL!

but yea like i said kudos for the work but overall concept to me is poor...
Old 09-08-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

the astro kit is jdm
Old 09-08-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaj2002
the astro kit is jdm
yea...its just been a while since ive jdm researched...jeez i went on a huge JDM kit bindge like2yrs agoi when i was looking for my jdm front bumper lol! thought the astro kit was kool!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

yea but its rediculously expensive
Old 09-08-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i dont care what anyone says, the xG-wagon is the coolest of them all...love everything about it and i would drive it everywhere if it was mine, the xBscalade is nice, so i cant really hate on it, not feeling the blue one though, and i dont know what you people are talking about, i think it looks more like a say 96 tahoe more than an astro, you got the dual headlights, dual grills, even the color screems tahoe, that one needs to be rammed in a tree and put out of its mizzery...i tried posting this last night but its not on here so if you see two of them just worded differently im sorry i dont know what happened...
Old 09-08-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ITS NOT A ASTRO FRONT END PEOPLE!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaj2002
yea but its rediculously expensive
yea i saw...love to see one in the states... is there one?

similar i'd say...touchy topic?

Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by low_down_xb
we all understand that...but you can still say it looks like one eventhough its not...to me it looks like a tahoe, do i think its a tahoe front end...no...but does it look like one...yes...do we drive a toaster, box, or mini fridge....no....do our cars look like toasters boxes and mini fridges...yes, so we call them by those names...just like people do with the blue xb, it looks like something from GM so were gonna call it by what it looks like...plain and simple
Old 09-08-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by daneisthegreatest
Originally Posted by low_down_xb
we all understand that...but you can still say it looks like one eventhough its not...to me it looks like a tahoe, do i think its a tahoe front end...no...but does it look like one...yes...do we drive a toaster, box, or mini fridge....no....do our cars look like toasters boxes and mini fridges...yes, so we call them by those names...just like people do with the blue xb, it looks like something from GM so were gonna call it by what it looks like...plain and simple
Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ yours has skyline headlights but we dont call that a skyline do we, and since im sure they dont have astros in japan or would waste their time putting one on one of their cars, so its really shouldnt be called a astro front end, similar maybe? but why call it something its not
Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If she had Skyline headlights, Skyline front bumper, and a Skyline grill... I'd say she had a Skyline front end. >.>
Old 09-08-2007, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^^exactly, headlights dont make a car into something else...but a whole front end conversion does...her car still looks like a xB, just a little meaner than others, but the "blue" one looks like what everyone says it looks like, maybe they dont have astros or tahoes in japan, but they have pictures of them and they are able to fab things up to make them look like that, we dont have Silvias in the us but i see alot of 240sx's driving around that have the front end of one...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
If she had Skyline headlights, Skyline front bumper, and a Skyline grill... I'd say she had a Skyline front end. >.>
Originally Posted by daneisthegreatest
^^exactly, headlights dont make a car into something else...but a whole front end conversion does...her car still looks like a xB, just a little meaner than others, but the "blue" one looks like what everyone says it looks like, maybe they dont have astros or tahoes in japan, but they have pictures of them and they are able to fab things up to make them look like that, we dont have Silvias in the us but i see alot of 240sx's driving around that have the front end of one...
exzactly mine is a headlight conversion and replication of a few details that are present in the skyline i'm still overall an xb...not a front end conversion i didnt take the skyline and weld/mold it on my car...thats a front end conversion...there is a definate difference...

hell if i had a skyline front end i'd have a better motor as well!!!!