Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Is the xB a sleeper?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

THIS is a sleeper! In order to be a sleeper you have to beat (not just beat- SMOKE) someone that KNOWS you are racing. I'm not convinced these XB's that are out tearing up the streets with all their vicious kills are actually running against cars that know they are racing. But THIS guy could provoke anyone he wanted- then hand their ___ to them!

Yes, that IS a Cadillac Northstar V-8 under the hood!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SweetDaddyDelicious
THIS is a sleeper! In order to be a sleeper you have to beat (not just beat- SMOKE) someone that KNOWS you are racing. I'm not convinced these XB's that are out tearing up the streets with all their vicious kills are actually running against cars that know they are racing. But THIS guy could provoke anyone he wanted- then hand their ___ to them!

Yes, that IS a Cadillac Northstar V-8 under the hood!

WTF :drool: um uh um ......................

i love it i really do. now THATS a sleeper. nuff said

does that volvo have a 5.0 in it? ive seen a wagon with one. it was an old guy. looked cool and sounded good.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's another great sleeper:

Mazda B6T turbocharged engine, Modified Miata intake, 8 injectors with sds EIC, MR2 intercooler, Turboxs BOV and boost controoler,

It's too bad it has good wheels, a headlight conversion, and good paint. Imagine how sick it would be in flat black primer, widened stock steelies with cheesy hubcaps.

A DIESEL sleeper!? Now we are talkin!

92 Jetta with 2001 Beetle 1.9 TDI engine, Bora 6 speed tranny, PP520 injectors, PSI Tuning Box, Porsche intercooler.
Can you believe this diesel is as fast as a VR6, but still gets over 800 km's to a tank?!!

doesn't LOOK like it would run a 13.0 sec 1/4 mile. That's the point.
This was the original 1.8t 20 Valve Rabbit. It was a 79 GTI, cabriolet body kit, mk3 dash, BBS 17x7.5 RX's, Euro tinted taillights, T3 turbo, SDS stand alone, Audi G60 calipers with 11" rotors, 5 bolt conversion. Ran a 13.0 @112 mph.

This was our first hybrid car, a 1986 Sprint with a B18B from a 91 Acura integra. Aka, the Sprintegra!! It only weighed 1700 lbs, and in this guise I managed to suprise alot of people who thought nothing of this little blue 4 door. I sold it to my buddy Tommy who put a 100 shot on it and made it a legend in Regina
Old 12-06-2004, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ooooh yeah thats what im talkin about

anybody got pics or specs of the turboed sleepers

plymouth voyager or the chrysler K cars?

has anyone seen the video of the 10.2 second K car 2 Door

thats the next project car i want :D
Old 12-06-2004, 11:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

that 2 door k car has a 360 in it i believe. it is mini tubbed or at least one of em is. lol . alot of people put the turbo motor in em. never thot they were powerful(driving a stock turbo dodge) but those lil _____es can get like 300hp almost easily.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

How about this. . . an old Celica with a twin turbo V8, yes a Lexus 1UZ-FE with twins!
http://www.geocities.com/fxfjclub/celicgt4.htm

Old 12-06-2004, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

wow the most work on that musta been the rwd conversion tho. nice. i wanna celica like that but i'll take the measly(in comparison to above) all-trac turbo.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

fun cars man
Old 12-06-2004, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

and all we gotta do is move outta california. that or learn how to register out of california
Old 12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

true true
Old 12-06-2004, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea get some fold down front seats like in the toyota matrix
a popup camper roof like a sportsmbile van and a sink some knobby tires and yer set for huntin & fishin ye ha!!! no
seriously the xb was created for major style not major speed
but we love these cars and mods of all kinds is what its all about
Old 12-06-2004, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

A sleeper doesn't HAVE to look like a bone stock pile of monkey ____.............all that is required is that the majority of the population wouldn't EXPECT it to be fast. If some dumb kit in a Stang GT saw you with a roll cage in your Volvo 240.......he'd think you're a ___ and laugh at you.................and then you'd hand him his ___ and he'd go home and cry.

KiL
Old 12-09-2004, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member

we didnt get teh box to race...civics are lame
Old 12-09-2004, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member

i'd say the old 3.3 Litre Dynasty's were close to being a sleeper and could be modded to definately be one. However the 2.5 litre Dynastys would make our xB's look like sleepers.

My old 3.3 was exceptionally fast(had her at 110mph and she was still not straining), especially from 60mph on up, Their only weakness was between 40 and 55 because their trannies had a strange shift point that kinda broke up its acceleration. It would jump forward hit 40 lag untill 55 and then start pulling hard again(the 3.3 V6s pulled that 2 1/4 ton beast with a vengence)

If that Motor was ever retrofitted into a lighter car,who knows what it could do
Old 12-09-2004, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The XB a Sleeper Yeah if you mean your passenger falling a sleep in it while you drive...OK I'll go for that. As for XB being faster that it looks maybe(only cause it's a Box on wheels)...but lets face it folks the XB is not going to win speed records even with NOS and the largest turbo you can fit on the thing.

Now seriously If you could some how fit a larger engine in it then now were talking. I say this only cause Moster Miatas were comon at one time and a Monster version of the XB could earn more respect in the Speed catagory.

As for me Style is what I bought it for. It has (no pun intended) an out of the box style that you don't see and room for days.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by Turbosnow
Nice I always loved the earlier Zz cars it's funny that a smallblock is the same or less weight than the six that came in em. What kind of 1/4 did it run?
I ran low 11's with M&H Racemasters and closed exhaust (Englishtown)....very fast......My favorite street kill was was A RUF 930 Turbo that I put 2 car lenths at 3rd gear :twisted: :twisted:
Old 12-09-2004, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sleeper no.......comatose yes...but I still love it!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Default Re: Is the xB a sleeper?

Originally Posted by naoki
Would you consider a heavily power modded xB to be a sleeper? My definition of a sleeper being a car that accelerates quickly that doesn't look like it should. Like doing an engine swap and putting nos in a 1985 Buick Regal or something.

I ask because even driving a stock box, you get your share of streetlight racers who seem to itch to kill you. Or simply the punk in the civic with an exhast who tailgates you. It happens to all of us. I question if the public actually thinks that the xB has a more powerful engine in it, that they don't know the engine is somewhat underpowered.

Therefore, for a power-modded xB, basically, it would only be catching up to the publics expectations. Agree? No? Would you even WANT your power modded xB to be considered a sleeper, or is that a negative term considering how new the car is?
I get riced on by WRX's and Evo's..........seems liek the think they have something to prove to a 1.5 ltr 4 banger that puts down 94 hp

Seriously i'll be on the freeway, and all of a sudden i had this WRX fly up on my ___, and he pulled besides me and slowed down, so i hit the gas and he floors it and takes off, and i continue to cruise at 70mph
Old 12-09-2004, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

another sleeper a friend of mine had was police package Ford Fairmount used by Goverment agencies that had a 351W in it....All Mustang suspension and performance parts on it hehe
Old 12-09-2004, 08:57 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBling
Sleeper no.......comatose yes...but I still love it!

Style, not speed baby.

Quick Reply: Is the xB a sleeper?