Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Found $125 shipped Painted XB spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Found $125 shipped Painted XB spoiler

I found a XB spoiler (aftermarket) on EBAY, was wondering if anybody bought from this seller. Here's the link, if anyone's interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

He's a powerseller, for $125 shipped, it isnt that bad, just wondering if anybody had problems with the instructions provided from this seller.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think someone posted a while back that their friend bought one and the hardware didn't line up with the holes on the OEM hole template. Might have been a freak, maybe they fixed the problem, not sure.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I purchased a tC spoiler from them before, the holes didn't line up, so I have to drill another big hole at the inner layer in order to fit the bolts. It was a factory alike shape pedastal spoiler, but so so on the paint quality, I doubt what will happen after 3 years or before that? Even they said giving 3 years warranty on paint finish, are you going to remove the whole spoiler and send it back for repainting? Wait for it to send back, and reinstall the spoiler? I just don't think it is a good idea buying a bargain painted spoiler, you might feel like saving money for now, but you are not actually, my 2 cents...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got excited until i came in here and saw it was on ebay
Old 04-07-2008, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt buy one yet, glad you posted the info about the holes not lining up. i wanted to see if it was like oem, so i guess not. you're right, i should probably invest in an oem spoiler. get that piece of mind . thanks for the info jasper.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revolt Imports
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I purchased this one last week and it came in the other day. Comes with little strips to mark the holes and they fall right about the 2 rubber knock out plugs on the inside of the hatch.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how's the paint? i always worry it won't match or it will look cheap. good for the money or a quality product?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well for the price its a great deal, the fact of the matter is nothing will fit perfectly the 1st try, i have bought factory parts before on my other cars and still had to do some custom work. as long as its in the area of the plugs, 1-2 cm is not to bad. $125 shipped and painted, compared to the $300+shipping, the saving of $200 seems like its worth the headache.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but if the paint doesn't match and you have to have it resprayed, how much are you really saving? i'm not trying to be negative or anything because it looks sweet in the pics, but more often than not, in person, the flaws can be pretty glaring. the fit can be adjusted pretty easily, but if the paint is off, it's never going to look right unless you get it redone.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that looks pretty good for aftermarket.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont mean to offend but xbbox's after market spoiler doesnt quite match like the OEM one. If you guys look at the pic, the spoiler is suppose to line up flush with the window line up against that black weatherstrip as well. The paint looks good tho
Old 04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ninja929
i dont mean to offend but xbbox's after market spoiler doesnt quite match like the OEM one. If you guys look at the pic, the spoiler is suppose to line up flush with the window line up against that black weatherstrip as well. The paint looks good tho
ooooh! is there an oem pic we can compare to?
Old 04-26-2008, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revolt Imports
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Paint matches great! Couldn't be better.

Everyone keeps saying it's not stock, but can't put up pics to prove it. So someone please post pics of a stock one so we can see the difference. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a few pics with my oem spoiler. One during the day and a few at night in my garage. I took a few close ups so you can see how the spoiler sits flush against the glass and the top of the rear 1/4 panel.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

niiicccceeeee! clean look man! it does line up compared to aftermarket, but the average gawker wont realize the difference. Is there DIY for the blacked out emblems?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks ricennodle.... here's a DIY for the removal of the emblems. It doesnt tell you how to paint, but thats sorta self explanatory and make sure you seal with a clear coat or top coat. Lastly reattach emblems with 3M weatherproof double sided tape which can be bought at your local hardware store.Good luck!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20747
Old 05-07-2008, 11:28 PM

Oops, I started another thread on this without knowing this one was already going...

So, what's the verdict? Go or no go?
I don't care if it lines up with mounting holes for the oem version since I don't have one.

I was going to order the primered one and paint it. Since I was going to buy paint to do the stock wheel covers I thought I would shoot one of these at the same time.

I kept my stock wheels and tires so I could put them on for dirt roads. And I thought I would paint the wheel covers body-color. My xB is a toad for a 32' winnebago.

rock on...
Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think if you're not picky about little details then its a good buy. its a great way to add a sportier look for 1/3 the cost of the oem one.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whispaz
i think if you're not picky about little details then its a good buy. its a great way to add a sportier look for 1/3 the cost of the oem one.
i agree. i opted for the oem one just cuz i prefer the proper oem fitment and holes. plus you can't even tell much of a difference when a glance is taken. so its a good buy indeed when you're on a budget.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by xbbox
I purchased this one last week and it came in the other day. Comes with little strips to mark the holes and they fall right about the 2 rubber knock out plugs on the inside of the hatch.

how many screw's are holding up your spoiler? One on each side? I know the factory one has Two on each end.

Quick Reply: Found $125 shipped Painted XB spoiler