Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Front Emblem Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member

Default Front Emblem Advice?

It took me a while to get a Rumion Emblem and a pain in the ___ with customs giving me issues regarding it being imported but I got it.

I've been playing with my front emblem and trying to remove it but the clips will not come loose, I think I am just going to have to break off the Scion emblem and pop in the Rumion one.

Before I resort to that, could anyone give me any advice on how to remove? I know where the clips are, I am asking for a method.

I've even tried using lock picking tools but it's in there pretty snug.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will post pics after the emblem surgery....
Attached Thumbnails Front Emblem Advice?-img_0858.jpg  
Old 10-29-2015, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I presume you're doing this to a Gen2B...

You're going to have to pinch both sets of vertical clips slightly INWARD simultaneously and there is another set of posts ~1" below and 1/2" towards center of the top clips that can be used to push out the stock emblem.

Then you need to break out the dremel to afford the required recess for the deeper Rumion logo.
Name:  Rumionfrontemblemcutout.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  41.2 KB

I then found that I had to cut and sandwich a 1/16" thick piece of plastic within 3M tape to the back of the (just slightly larger) Rumion logo to give it enough "lift" to fit into the frame. I'm not sure if just a second layer of 3M alone will suffice.
Takes a little work but the result is worth it.
Name:  RumionOLDfrontemblem.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  49.4 KB
Hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member

I really appreciate the advice. I have today off, so I am going to give it a shot. Thanks for the pictures, they really help!
Old 12-18-2015, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member

I'm back after a while with an update and pictures on how it came out!

So, I ran into a problem. When I ordered the emblem, they sent me the emblem for the 2015 Rumion or latest model. Believe it or not but the 1st gen Rumion emblem is what fits the 2nd gen xB. Who would have guessed that.

Well I spoke to the seller in Japan and he sent me another one for free BUT it was the same one but slightly darker. It took 2 weeks to arrive.

I said whatever, I'll make it work somehow.....

So after waiting and trying to figure out how it might work out with cutting the hole, I came to a different solution than what was previously posted above.

Now I didn't know if I could make it fit and if I made a huge hole and it didn't work, I'd be totally screwed. Instead of cutting the huge hole into the front end, I used the dremel to shave off the whole back of the Rumiom emblem. It came out clean. only the hooks where left. The bottom 2 hooks are the same but there is only 1 in the middle, where as the Scion emblem has 2 identical ones top and bottom.

I took the dremel and just made a hole, didn't really care if it was perfect, just needed it to fit the top hook. I attached a picture of what it looks like. Should I have messed up completely, I can put the original Scion emblem back on and no one would know there's a hole behind it. Thankfully that's not the case.

Now, while I was waiting for the emblem to arrive, I ordered 2 tow hooks and wheel well flares.

After the item arrived and I was bummed cause it was the SAME ONE but I got it for free so meh...

Now I had two of the same emblems, one shiny, one dark. Didn't need the other one but then I came up with the bright idea of replacing the rear emblem. For the rear I shaved everything off. Leaving it completely flat.

So I took of both emblems, front and back and then made the hole, then put on the new flares, and all that was left was the tow hooks.

Took off both tow hook covers, measured where the tow hook would be and used a drill to drill the hole. I painted one white and left one black, so I could get an idea of which I liked more.

So you put it all together and this is the end result.

Oh yeah and put a Rumion emblem in the grill. I think it looks clean.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, which tow hook color do you think looks better? Black or white. I want to say white because you can see them but the black looks classy! Hmmm still deciding....

Next week, I'll move onto something else...
Attached Thumbnails Front Emblem Advice?-img_1743.jpg   Front Emblem Advice?-img_1809.jpg   Front Emblem Advice?-img_1770.jpg   Front Emblem Advice?-img_1771.jpg   Front Emblem Advice?-img_1808.jpg  

Last edited by GoodVibes; 12-19-2015 at 06:11 PM.