Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

little dissapointed at SEIBON

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:22 AM

Default little dissapointed at SEIBON

since I've purchased the CF rear spoiler and hood, I've decided to be proactive . I called seibon yesterday and asked if they are going to make a CF lower front lip kit .... they said no , aaaaaand not planning to make them in the future...

does anybody know another company that makes them or could make them??

I might end up buying the material and have someone in the shop design it for me.

thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey cubanix...try absdynamics...they were one of the companies that came out with the CF lip kit for the XB1...that'll be nice if they made some for ours!

JC
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by az_pinoy
hey cubanix...try absdynamics...they were one of the companies that came out with the CF lip kit for the XB1...that'll be nice if they made some for ours!

JC
I just called them and they said thanks though
Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont like Seibon's work anyways. Every hood that i have seen from them the resin has turned yellow from sun damage. They dont put enough clear on their hoods i guess.

As for the CF front lip, I have a guy that i do some work through who actually makes carbon fiber parts. Im going to take him the 5-axis lip once i get it and see if he can replicate it in CF for a decent amount of money...

Once the first one is dont, other designs should be pretty easy.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

If you clear bra the hood you wont have the yellowing effect on them. I talked to them also. I have all the parts they make for the xB. I was hoping they would make the peice that goes over the license plate in the rear, but they are not making it.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

D_Unit has a guy in the Bay area that makes Cf parts or overlays them...
Old 08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShaffNasty
D_Unit has a guy in the Bay area that makes Cf parts or overlays them...
Correction... My carbon fiber guy is actually in Arizona. All you have to do is email him what you want done and include a pic so he can give you an estimate. He'll then quote you a price to overlay the part you want and will include shipping the part back to you.

Again, his email is roguemotorsports@gmail.com and his name is Jim. Please let him know that Darren referred you. It's not that easy having a carbon fiber hookup and this guy is available and does nice work for good prices.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 PM

you guys been tons of help.. gonna email soon. thanks!!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
If you clear bra the hood you wont have the yellowing effect on them. I talked to them also. I have all the parts they make for the xB. I was hoping they would make the peice that goes over the license plate in the rear, but they are not making it.
What's your opinion on the fitment of the hatch? Factory struts work ok? I was waiting to get it until I talked to someone that had already put it on. If someone doesn't make a matching cover for above the license plate I may not do it though. It is worse for you having a silver car than me having a black car though Did you paint yours or just leave it silver?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cuthbert
What's your opinion on the fitment of the hatch? Factory struts work ok? I was waiting to get it until I talked to someone that had already put it on. If someone doesn't make a matching cover for above the license plate I may not do it though. It is worse for you having a silver car than me having a black car though Did you paint yours or just leave it silver?
If there's a place in your town that makes vinyl stickers and graphics, you could have them wrap the license garnish with some carbonfiber vinyl. It may not be 100%, but it'll be more what you're after.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 08SWbox
i dont like Seibon's work anyways. Every hood that i have seen from them the resin has turned yellow from sun damage. They dont put enough clear on their hoods i guess.

As for the CF front lip, I have a guy that i do some work through who actually makes carbon fiber parts. Im going to take him the 5-axis lip once i get it and see if he can replicate it in CF for a decent amount of money...

Once the first one is dont, other designs should be pretty easy.
Weird, I have seen that with a lot of VIS hoods and other hoods that use gel coat, but not with regular clear coat(what seibon uses).
Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
If there's a place in your town that makes vinyl stickers and graphics, you could have them wrap the license garnish with some carbonfiber vinyl. It may not be 100%, but it'll be more what you're after.
Yeah, I have seen a few different kinds of cf vinyl, but on top of real cf it is very easy to tell that it's fake. I could buy a small sheet of real cf and mold it and clear it, but that's a decent amount of work and would likely cost more than buying a pre-manufactured part. I'm still debating whether or not I want to do the hatch period though, don't want to go overboard with the cf.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Seibon rear hatch

I installed the rear hatch and it fits really nice as good as the factory piece. i paid a glass company to come out remove the rear glass ($150.00) and wait while i installed the rear hatch again it took about 2 hours to do the entire job but man is it sweet!! the rear struts work fine and there are no issues with fitment of the rear wiper (if you choose to install it) or any of the other wiring and assorted BS back there.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

The fitment is great. I had a glass guy come out and swap the glass for me also. He cut the glass out of my old hatch while it was on the car and then while he was cleaning it, I put the new hatch on. Then he put the glass back in. Took about a hour total.
The silver peice has actually grown on me. Makes the CF really stand out. I actually like it better being silver then the ones with all CF.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default rear hatch

Here is the rear Seibon CF hatch with the factory color insert.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: rear hatch

Originally Posted by AVODude
Here is the rear Seibon CF hatch with the factory color insert.
Bravo ... That came out nice. How was the install?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

that looks sick...this is a must now for my SW!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 AM

looks awesome man!!. like a new pair of jeans!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

So you drilled and put the rear wiper back in?
Old 09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

o crap i didn't even see that haha...i don't like the hatch with the wiper. S*** i don't even use mine at all. lol hey nolimitz r u gona sell these cf products at all?

Quick Reply: little dissapointed at SEIBON