Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

New Custom Front Lip, not a Home Depot lip!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New Custom Front Lip, not a Home Depot lip!

I used to own a 03 Focus ZX3, non-SVT, hatchback. Always wanted an SVT Focus, so I had replaced a lot of SVT Parts on my Focus back in the day.

I had been wondering lately if I could use an SVT front lower lip to replace my Home Depot lip. The Home Depot lip is great and I enjoyed paying under $10 for it, but it's been falling apart on me ever since I've been on my KSports.

So I asked some of the SVT guys on my old Focus forum to measure their front lips so that I could see how it measures up to my xB's bumper.

I got a rough measurement and decided to bite the bullet and buy a front lip and try it out.

Well I got the box today and installed the lip pretty easily, very little modification required. Here we go...

Thank you UPS!

Looks like a Home Depot lip, but sturdier, thicker, and better!

Time to start working...
Name:  DSCN4513.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  97.3 KB

Home Depot lip, soon you will be gone...
Name:  DSCN4514.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  128.3 KB

Bumper off...

Took off the old lip...

Break Time!!!

Admiring my Yakima fairing that I just re-wrapped...
Name:  DSCN4518.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  34.5 KB

Started working on getting the new lip attached...

The only modification done...needed to cut off about an inch on each side due to the lip being longer than the bumper...

Done!!

Got dark outside, so I had to use the spotlights and takedown lights on my cruiser to see what I was doing

All Done!
Name:  DSCN4526.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  57.8 KB

Crappy weather and crappy camera make for crappy day pics, but I tried...will post more pics once I get the new wheels on...
Name:  DSCN4527.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  112.2 KB
Name:  DSCN4528.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  85.0 KB

Took about 3 hours overall, first time I had taken off the bumper so it was a learning process. Used about 12 zipties, 12 selftapping screws and 10 nuts/bolts combo to make sure that the lip wouldn't fall off. The lip really does look good, hands lower than the stock lip, and is made of quality Ford parts

I was originally gonna get a Mustang Mach 1 lip to put on, but I had one on my Focus, and I remembered that it did not flex as easy as the SVT lip. Anyway enjoy. Comments are welcomed...

Emanuel

Last edited by EMAN44; 12-18-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks awesome congrats!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice, i was actually thinking of this earlier today. i remember you mentioning you ordered a lip in another thread and was gonna try to find it and ask you about it.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

coool i cant see nothing on the night pics.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Awesome mod. How much does the SVT lip go for do you have a part #?
Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks sick. nice job.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet! i also had a non-SVT with an SVT lip. i took off all my parts when i sold the car... i got the lip somewhere in my storage...
Old 12-18-2010, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotweelz4me
Awesome mod. How much does the SVT lip go for do you have a part #?
The lip goes for $90ish brand new from certain Ford dealers.
Part #: 2M5Z-17626-AAA

You can find the lip used on the Focus forums or ebay/craigslist...

Emanuel
Old 12-19-2010, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

That look really good...Bump for fellow law enforcement brother...Just got my 20 years on in November
Old 12-22-2010, 04:09 PM

You are sitting real low my friend lol. Nice lip just like you said, looking forward to seeing your car with the new wheels!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow that looks great, if ever I'll ever find a job I know what lip to get xD, I like how that looks, a lot!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 AM

Unfortunately this'll be the last post for me. I wanna say ____ you club xb. Thanks for Puttin a guy who fell on hard times. And Demonstrating with your childish actions Who the jerk off really is I hope I meet you in person some day. I was a member since middle of last year Before I even had my damn car.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pandorabox
Unfortunately this'll be the last post for me. I wanna say ____ you club xb. Thanks for Puttin a guy who fell on hard times. And Demonstrating with your childish actions Who the jerk off really is I hope I meet you in person some day. I was a member since middle of last year Before I even had my damn car.
Umm who is this for exactly?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ummmmmm....Ok? First off this isn't clubxb, it's scionlife. Secondly, your in the wrong thread. And thirdly, sorry for whoever wronged you .

Emanuel
Old 01-10-2011, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EMAN44
Ummmmmm....Ok? First off this isn't clubxb, it's scionlife. Secondly, your in the wrong thread. And thirdly, sorry for whoever wronged you .

Emanuel
Lol haha
Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 AM

I'm sorry guys a word of explanation: There's this rule that you have to 10 posts to your credit. before you can sell anything on their classifieds. I have been a member since last summer. I didn't even have an XB yet... When I tried to get all my posts in tonight to sell stuff cause i needed the money, ##### banned me from the site forever. It doesn't matter now cause it looks like i may have to sell my "b" anyway. Having no way to talk to him I did what i thought was the next sensible thing. I figured people with dual accounts would relay the msg. for me. Now I realize i'm at his level. I don't wanna burn my bridge. Please understand I'm a dad that works 2 jobs and run a house. I dont always have time to post 10 threads I do enjoy your pictures and strive to get my car as good looking as yours'. If i end up able to keep my car just don't judge me by this post. I'm in a rare place now.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Train ban ya? Their rules there are way sticter but they had a history of like massive spam so that's why those rules are there. I'm a member there too.
And I may not be in your place but not as bad, my family is in the process of filing bankruptcy right now and only my dad working and having to feed 2 teenagers and a 10 year old plus our mom and pay for our new house has gotta be hard for my parents... if that made any sense. Understandable, your post was just out of nowhere, lol

EMAN, dude your lip is like way low! lol i love it, i do wish it would contour the bumper a little bit more though.

Last edited by Kingshawty12; 01-10-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the graphic over your Japan plates (I love zipties). Tho't abut getting a front lip, but the neighborhood I live in has those continuous curved profile curbs that scrape my stock front lip! Sigh.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry guys a word of explanation: There's this rule that you have to 10 posts to your credit. before you can sell anything on their classifieds. I have been a member since last summer. I didn't even have an XB yet... When I tried to get all my posts in tonight to sell stuff cause i needed the money, ##### banned me from the site forever. It doesn't matter now cause it looks like i may have to sell my "b" anyway. Having no way to talk to him I did what i thought was the next sensible thing. I figured people with dual accounts would relay the msg. for me. Now I realize i'm at his level. I don't wanna burn my bridge. Please understand I'm a dad that works 2 jobs and run a house. I dont always have time to post 10 threads I do enjoy your pictures and strive to get my car as good looking as yours'. If i end up able to keep my car just don't judge me by this post. I'm in a rare place now.
Hey no problem man, I was just confused what and why you were posting in this thread...haha. No worries though!

Emanuel
Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't get enough of your lip! and you got your sticker from ihatestickers.com huh? xD

Quick Reply: New Custom Front Lip, not a Home Depot lip!