Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Post your Body Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wolfsburg2k1
nolimitzind - what wheels are you rolling & specs if you don't mind. thanks.
From his profile:
Concept One Wheels custom powder coated Satin Black, 19x8.5 front +38 offest, 19x9.5 Rear +38 offset, , Hankook V110 Tires, 235-35-19 front, 245-35-19 rear.

Originally Posted by VonStarINC
sorry I'm late
It's OK for you to be "late"... as long as your model isn't.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty awesome body kits here.....hmmmm i wonder when my kit is going to arrive...pretty soon i hope
Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nyte_ryder

What kind of kit and hood scoop is http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...de94958ad2.jpg ?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats the BRS Autodesign widebody kit and hood!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by VonStarINC
Worst kit I've ever seen or dealt with, I'd post the filler pics if anyone cares, and it ruined my fenders / liners just to mount it, nothing fit at all.
i would disagree, not just because its the kit i took part in creating. but because its a fiberglass kit. im sure lots of companies have those "perfect fitting" kits out there but even those arent perfect and take a bit of modifying. nyte_ryder's old ED body kit didnt fit perfectly where the fender and the bumper meet from what i saw at pasadena nights that one time. mines fit perfectly on my car only after modifying and sanding it a bit, and i had a copy of the prototype, and my fender clip still holds my oem bumper fine.

and if you think that is the worst kit you've dealt with, you havent been through enough kits. you should try a full fiberglass front end replacement for the Estima, $4000 kit and nothing fit. but after sanding and drilling and even fabricating new mounting points because one side of the kit had none molded on one side (as if it broke off but the mold didnt even have it). i spent a good 12 hours with 2 other people and we got the front done, a LOT of work had to be put into it..

heres a pic of the front unpainted:

:shrug: fiberglass kits usually take a bit of elbow grease to get it right, too bad you had trouble with it and it messed things up on your end, it looked great on your car.

SinZz
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

being one of the guys who helped him with the install on the estima, and having worked with him on other fiberglass pieces, i would have to agree that not everything fits....and its unrealistic to think so.

but how did you mess up both the liner AND quarter panel? the only modifications that should take place should be made on the fiberglass itself....it looks like the kit fit fine despite the gap at the quarter panel.. but if you had such problems why'd you go through with painting it?

as sinzz said his quarters were fine, even after swapping between that bumper and the stock multiple times.

eh..better luck next time
Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
being one of the guys who helped him with the install on the estima, and having worked with him on other fiberglass pieces, i would have to agree that not everything fits....and its unrealistic to think so.
Edited to shorten and get back on topic.

If you make a mold, hand lay the fiberglass, it should then be test fitted to a fixture before shipment. Instead the companies that make cheap body kits just make it and ship it out. The customer has to make fit what should have been thrown out as junk for not fitting. It is one thing to have to trim away it is another to have to add to it.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Actually.. polyurethane has its fair share of problems too like you said.. people who think polyurethane will fit just because its what oem bumpers are made out of will be surprised. and its harder/near impossible to fix if it warps from heat or bad storage, or even a bad mold but i dont see your argument.. just because molds were made off of the original bumper, doesnt necessarily mean that it will automatically fit. some may get lucky and have to do less work than others, but fiberglass is fiberglass if its made off of a mold there will be parts that need to be edited, same goes with even plastic/resin figurines, they dont come out perfect and editing is always needed for it to look its best. and i dont quite understand your comparison. seriously i dont know what you were trying to say. but i know that you get what you pay for doesnt apply because the conversion for the estima was 4000 dollars.. and it was the hardest kit i've ever cleaned up.
well.. im sorry for getting off topic.. so.. maybe we shouldnt discuss this topic on here.. sorry for inconvenience for those looking for body kit pictures and find these long posts

SinZz--
Old 03-12-2009, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ogerdgonz
Any body kit should fit the car it is made for that is the whole reason you make a mold of it using the car it is intended for..
however...if its a true, hand laid fiber glass kit, that's what leaves a margin for error, despite the fact that there is a mold. it's physically impossible to hand lay fiberglass section for section, exactly as you did the last time, for hundreds, if not thousands, of body kits. i understand what youre saying...it's unfortunate that there are difficulties in the process, and even with polyurethane there can be problems, which usually occur during the curing process.

either way as sinzz said...dont wanna thread jack..just trying to stick up for good ol' fiber glass!! haha BACK TO THE BODYKITS! let's see some creativity
Old 03-13-2009, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea woah sorry guys I guess I shoulda specified better, because fiberglass is never perfect, and we were able to make the kit work, ergo its not trash ;D

Sorry if I came off brash or condescending, eee!

PS, only piece of fiberglass that the new version will see is in the shop ;D Thanks again SinZz
Old 03-13-2009, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nono sorry for the misunderstanding! as we both said, it looked great on the car so its nothing to worry about. what are your new plans for the xB?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sank you sank you, right now its got a new wing coming, should turn out pretty dope
Old 03-13-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome. update us when its all complete!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

i hate you xb2 guys and your sexy lip kits, lol

all the lip kits ive seen so far are sex!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chalk another one up for AIT Racing. perfect fitment!!!

I really dont know why anyone ever supports companies that dont have good fitting products. I've had alot of kits in my days on my Celica, Supra, IS300, GS300, and Scion. I've had minor gaps 1mm - 2mm once or twice but nothing worth complaining about...... everything else has fit perfectly.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ im on the same page, if it dont fit, why waste ur money. i went with fixe axis mainly because of their reputation for high quality and perfect fitment, they did not let me down one bit!

love my five axis!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

drewsxb808 Question,

Car look's amazing first and for most.

My question is about the hood, I love the look ,its a hood i have had my eye on since it came out. I've don an install b4 on a xB2 with a OEM CF hood from seibon and it did not use the factory bolts to bolt down, used very thin screws and had to use washers to make it work. Also there was no hole cut out for the latch at all. Also did not allow the use of the washer nozzle's. When you installed your hood did you have any of those problem's? and your input on the hood please?

Im saveing my pennys and this is def someing i wanna save for but dont want major problems or major modding issue's.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ seibon makes some very high quality stuff and the fit was near perfect! There is a space for the latch, u can use the washer nozzles, but you have to unsnap the stock ones and clip them onto the new hood and maybe it could have been done better but I cut the hose that goes to the nozzles than used a fitting to reconnect it. As for the screws, I don't remember what I used, I think the stock ones were too big and just went to a local hardware store to get it. I love this hood, only thing is with carbon fiber, it comes with. Gel type coating that will only last for so long so I. Had to sand that off, covered it with some gold pearl to match and then clear coat two times. After the paint job we did on the hood, I should never have to worry about it oxydising or anything like that.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The body kits and lip kits I have delt with in the past never fit. It's like my buddy got the Garson kit for his xB and he paid $3k for and it snapped on like a glove. It's basically you pay for what you get most of the time. You pay for a $400 kit, more and likely it wont fit. It took a lot of time to make the widebody kit fit on my Gen2 and when I had the ED kit the front bumper had a hard time trying to stay on which sucks. The prototype kit fit better then anything. I bought a new bumper for the Scion United Commercial and the bumper didn't fit that well and neither did the fenders.