Question about stock LED daytime running lights - Scionlife.com

Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Old 01-10-2018, 12:51 AM   #1

Default Question about stock LED daytime running lights

I have a 2012 xB, and was wondering if stock 2014 LED daytime running lights are plug and play. I noticed a harness with plug is sitting behind the plastic caps in my car right where the lights would go but I have no idea if it's the proper plug for the LED lights, or if they are for fog lights or something. Has anyone done this?
leica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:22 AM   #2
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have someone w/some basic electrical know-how, use a multimeter to determine if that plug has power & when its active (i.e. when the headlights are off)

BTW, Been running Philips LED DRLs, since new
MinusPrevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
Have someone w/some basic electrical know-how, use a multimeter to determine if that plug has power & when its active (i.e. when the headlights are off)

BTW, Been running Philips LED DRLs, since new
I can do that easily enough, but what I need to know is if the plug will fit in the newer light housings or not to begin with. Also what are the Phillips DRLs about, is that an aftermarket light that will fit in the bumper holes? If so gotta link to that?
Old 01-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
5 Year Member
SL Member

(not the best pic for showing the DRL) This may not be to your liking, but these DRL's were fitted nice & flush in the bumper grill & they are bright!!! I do like the vent location better as you noted

The brand spec = Philips 12820WLEDX1 DayLight 4 High Powered Luxeon LED

MinusPrevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:35 PM   #5

Yeah not interested in those, I like the stock LEDs that are on the newer xBs.