Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2 gen xb bolt on parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Trade an XB for a TC? Now that's funny! Apples and oranges dude. I can think of better ways to compensate for the measly extra 120 lbs of curb weight. Just because your car will never be as fast as a Buggati Veyron is no reason not to make it go faster, if that's your bag. Look at all the TC owners pretending they have a sports car instead of an econobox chick car.

Cory James is running high 12's at 115mph in his boosted XB and a TC better have a turbo to have any chance of keeping up with my boosted auto XB. Have you seen this 10 second XB? You don't think this is worthy of a spot on Pinks?

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184557

Ok yes just because its track dedicated but I was not referring to track dedicated XB2's I mean this car is totally gutted out and practically weightless..... now put that setup in a DD and there is no way ( my opinion) you gonna get those #'s just saying
Old 05-27-2010, 01:29 PM

ahh finally a glince of hope wit some evedience to back it up lol.. thanx.. but im thinkin since u guys say im not gonna add alot of hp from just the bolts(which i kno) do u think the unichip (piggys r supposed to b crap right?) is helping out big time in the performance field.. i installed my strup 4-1 header nd unichip at same time and literally u could feel the gains.. it waz like nite nd day, intake u hear not really feel the power, maybe a lil on top end but not much(least to me) nd exhaust(didnt feel any diff just noise.. headers nd unichip installed same time, nd i went damn i feel something now lol.. my box really gets going around 4-5k rpm oo btw my unichip has the map for headers,intake, exhuast if that may help answer my ?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1GreeKtC
...and I'm assuming that all this takes place on the street?

lol @ 3rd gear/115mph
He's auto like me. IIRC 3rd gear tops out around 115mph.

Originally Posted by oreoremix42
If he is talking about the AWD version I could completely believe it would keep up with a stock is250. They only have 204 hp and with the awd destroying the power to the wheels and the mass amounts of extra weight due to the AWD system. Its completely plausible. And the base weight is around 3500lbs

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-is-250.html
I agree! The is250 is a dog! 204bhp minus 25whp for the AT and another 25whp for awd and 3500 lbs vs 3100lbs for the AT XB doesn't look good for the is250.

Originally Posted by Jay Blaze
Ok yes just because its track dedicated but I was not referring to track dedicated XB2's I mean this car is totally gutted out and practically weightless..... now put that setup in a DD and there is no way ( my opinion) you gonna get those #'s just saying
You're right but my main point was that, despite appearances, the XB2 only weighs 120 lbs more than a TC. Cory's XB probably weighs over 3200 lbs and still runs 12.8 in the 1/4. That's pretty quick for a toaster!

It's all in how you look at it. Obviously there are better platforms upon which to build a fast street car but IMO there's nothing wrong with buying a platform you like and making it faster and more fun.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by freshXB562
ahh finally a glince of hope wit some evedience to back it up lol.. thanx.. but im thinkin since u guys say im not gonna add alot of hp from just the bolts(which i kno) do u think the unichip (piggys r supposed to b crap right?) is helping out big time in the performance field.. i installed my strup 4-1 header nd unichip at same time and literally u could feel the gains.. it waz like nite nd day, intake u hear not really feel the power, maybe a lil on top end but not much(least to me) nd exhaust(didnt feel any diff just noise.. headers nd unichip installed same time, nd i went damn i feel something now lol.. my box really gets going around 4-5k rpm oo btw my unichip has the map for headers,intake, exhuast if that may help answer my ?
Actually dyno testing on the XB has shown that a CAI provides a lot more hp and torque gain than a header. Here's a good link:

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...rs5/index.html

Here's a thread to watch for Unichip dyno results:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186368

Based on your mods, I'd guess youre putting down about 150whp and 150lbs of torque which is pretty good for a AT XB that starts off at 126/128 at the wheels. More importantly, there's a lot more to going fast than peak hp/torque numbers on a dyno. A nice flat torque curve trumps peak whp any day...
Old 05-30-2010, 09:02 PM

anyone know of a dyno spot in the cerritos area of southern cali.. ill get a dyno and it will shed some light on the subject.. and prove wat kinda numbers im running
Old 05-30-2010, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

First: Learn English. Learn how to read it, then learn how to type it properly.

Second: xB2 is not a box, far from it, and has decent power to begin with.

Third: I'm hungry.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Bird
Third: I'm hungry.
Cookies?

Old 05-30-2010, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT