Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Which Dual Exhaust do you Prefer/Recommend for an RS6.0 with 5-Axis Kit
Borla Stainless Steel Dual Catback Exhaust
41.67%
Tsudo Fireball Dual Catback Exhaust
58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Dual Exhaust for RS6.0 with 5 Axis Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One more note, looks like the Tsudo has been discontinued so you choice may not be so hard after all...

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail
Old 02-16-2010, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Charock
One more note, looks like the Tsudo has been discontinued so you choice may not be so hard after all...

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail
Nope. If you follow this link on that page it takes you to the replacement product, the

Tsudo 2008-10 Scion xB with Five Axis Lip Kit Fireball Axleback Catback Dual Exhaust System

for $329.95 with free shipping. This is the specific product I am interested in and linked to in my second post in this thread.

PDX_xB
Old 02-16-2010, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Charock
Throw in my $.02, I have the borla and it sounds good to me. The Tsudo sounds good on the you tube clip though. It seems to sound a little cleaner as stated by others.

Also take into consideration how loud it will be within the car. I notice the Borla between 2k and 2.5k rpm seems to wake up and goes back to sleep. Tsudo tips look really nice and aggressive.

IMO they both look good, and if I had to decide again, I would go with the quieter exhaust, not sure which is, its hard to tell by the you tube sound bytes but the tsudo does sound cleaner at least..
In the youtube clip for the Tsudo, the silencers are removed. I'm not sure how much quieter the exhaust is with them installed, but in theory they give you the option for a louder more aggressive sound when you want it vs. quieter exhaust when you have passengers in the back seat on a long trip. That is part of the appeal, to me, of the Tsudo.

PDX_xB
Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After talking with Speed Element on the phone, I decided to pull the trigger and order the Tsudo. I really like the sound of this exhaust and the removable trumpet silencers.

My only hesitation was the fit. Based on the photos on their web site, and talking wih them on the phone, I am reasonably convinced the fit and centering the tips in the openings in the rear lip won't be an issue.

We shall see. Once it arrives and I install it, I'll post some photos.

Thanks to all for the input.

PDX_xB
Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Tsudo dual exhaust arrived today. I'm looking forward to getting it installed. It won't happen tonight. Probably Friday or Saturday.

PDX_xB
Old 03-05-2010, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I decided to go ahead and install the Tsudo 2008-10 Scion xB with Five Axis Lip Kit Fireball Axleback Catback Dual Exhaust System tonight that I purchased from speed-element.com. It's supposedly a simple bolt-on installation. So, I figured 2 hours max. Well, I didn't get very far. It came with no instructions whatsoever. There are PDF instructions on their web site, but the photos in those instructions do not match the product they sent me.

For example, here's the instructions for installing the rubber bushings on the hangers that support the mufflers:

5.2. Verify that the metal tabs on the rubber muffler mounts are oriented to the outside of the car. If they are not, remove the nut and flip the rubber bushings. The picture shown has the bushings in the incorrect orientation.

Why include a photo in the installation instructions that show how NOT to install the product.

But, that's nothing compared to what comes next. Here's the photo from the instructions:

Name:  TsudoWorthlessInstructions.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  41.6 KB

And now here's two photos showing the two possible ways of installing the bushings on the hangers of the mufflers that were sent to me:

Name:  Tsudo_Hanger_1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  Tsudo_Hanger_2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  88.0 KB

Notice anything? It sure looks like someone welded the hangers on this exhaust in the wrong orientation. The hangers on the product they sent me are rotated 90 degrees relative to the photo in the instruction sheet. So, it is physically impossible to install them (incorrectly) as shown in the instruction sheet photo, or correctly as described in the instruction text. How could something this obvious escape their factory "quality control"?

So, did they send me a defective product, or are their instructions out of date. I could probably spend a couple hours under the rear of my car tonight, removing my stock exhaust and trying to see if there is any possible way to mount the product they sent me to my car. But, it's 10:30 at night and I don't want to spend 2 hours working on something that may leave my car in an undrivable state.

Other issues:

The washers on both ends of the rubber bushings are held on entirely by friction. One of them fell off when I installed the bushing on the hangers to take the photos above. I'm absolutely certain that they would come off within 1 mile of leaving my driveway, leaving them to rattle about loosely under the car, leaving the rubber bushings to support the entire weight of the exhaust. Which would most likely lead to cracking of the bushings. This is a very poor design. At the very least, there should be some kind of adhesive to hold the washers to the bushings. Better still, there should be a mechanical retention mechanism to hold the washers in place.

Several parts came in the box that aren't even mentioned in the "instructions". There are five gaskets. I assume you are supposed to install one of these at each of the three places where the exhaust mounts together. But, why are their five of them, and why aren't they mentioned in the instructions? There is also some sort of metal "donut". The instructions specifically say to reuse the stock donut gasket where the Tsudo exhaust attaches to the stock exhaust. So, what is the purpose of the supplied donut? Is it supposed to be installed in place of the stock dounut (in spite of the instructions stating the EXACT opposite)? Or, is it supposed to be installed at one of the other joints? Who knows? It's not even mentioned in the instructions.

Finally, the nuts and bolts that come with the kit are cheap, soft metal. I rounded off the very first nut I used when bolting the two halves of the exhaust together. If I ever figure out a way to actually mount the exhaust on my car, I'll probably head down to my local hardware store and buy some good quality stainless steel bolts. No sense installing an expensive stainless steel exhaust using cheap bolts that may break when I'm going down the road.

All in all, I am extremely disappointed in the "quality" of this product and the "instructions" for installing it. Perhaps I'm just spoiled by the quality of the TRD products I've installed on my car, and the clear, concise, unambiguous instructions with accurate photos.

I was seduced by the sound clips of the Tsudo dual exhaust and the promise of easy bolt-on installation. At this point, I seriously regret purchasing this product and wish I had gone to a local shop for a custom exhaust. I will be calling them tomorrow to ask about the orientation of the hangers. I suspect this will most likely lead to boxing up the product and sending it back to Speed Element. What a big fat waste of my time. Given my experience, I STRONGLY encourage others to avoid purchasing this product.

PDX_xB

Last edited by PDX_xB; 03-05-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha. my clip went here. i didn't know ^_^ i was doing research on rear diffusers and comparing photos on how it would match up and i ended up on this page. lol. good show people.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Man that's crazy i have the V1 system since it was released and just love it , No problems what so ever..... Sorry to hear this
Old 06-18-2010, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm interested in purchasing the Tsudo exhaust for my box (but I don't have a Five Axis kit).
Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by drewsxb808
GO WITH A CUSTOM EXHAUST!!!!!
Borla and Tsudo are both decent but just get a custom dual exhaust with the tips of your choice and it will sound better and look better. Plus it should be right around the same price if not less depending on which tips you get. I dont have a sound clip but heres a pic.

my advice is look around for the perfect tips for your car, stop by a local performance exhaust or any type of muffler shop and they should be able to install a full custom exhaust for less than $200 (not including tips).
Best set up i've seen, fits well with the body kit. Nice Job!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
Pic's of My Friends 2009 RS6 With the New Tsudo Dual Exhaust that fits perfect with the Five Axis Kit, and looks amazing

Is this the newest version of the Tsudo Dual Exhaust?

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-07-2021 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Badge
Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by eevXB2
Is this the newest version of the Tsudo Dual Exhaust?

Yes
Old 08-07-2021, 05:30 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Thumbs up

Yes! Those Dual Exhausts are Sweet!