Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Scuba Delete / Tsudo

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scuba Delete / Tsudo

Havent posted in a while as Ive just been DD'ing the XB & havent added anything until this morn

Added the Tsudo scuba delete pipe. Tooks approx 45 min. Im using the stock mid-pipe. FYI, the stock bolt at mid pipe flange to the rear of the Tsudo will not work, so I used another bolt that matched the thread pitch of the Tsudo flange. Other than that, the fitment was right on & a snap

Was concerned about the first start up but pleasantly surprised that its not loud or obnoxious. Certainly has added a deep note but it is very livable IMO. No CEL's but I think I lost some low end torque at least thats what my butt dyno said. I could be wrong. The axle back is the M2 sst pipe which I like

Anyway, just adding another thread to the mix in the event some of you are interested

Old 01-24-2015, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a question, since you have an axle back and the scuba delete is there still a factory mid section? I would like the scuba delete and the magnaflow cat back will that give me a complete performance exhaust?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by horsefeathers
I have a question, since you have an axle back and the scuba delete is there still a factory mid section? I would like the scuba delete and the magnaflow cat back will that give me a complete performance exhaust?
Thats correct. I still have the OEM mid section. Tsudo has the full kit which includes all 3 segments (rear CAT delete, mid section & axle back)

You noted Cat-back. Not sure but that may include the mid-section. Check w/the MagnaFlow vendor
Old 02-23-2015, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much was the scuba delete? And how loud is it? I started off with having a piece of straight pipe put in and was wayyyyyy to loud with my TRD axleback then i had this welded in place and love it. Vibrant 2 5" 2 1 2" 14" Long Ultra Quiet High Flow Resonator SS Stainless Steel | eBay
Old 02-23-2015, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Keffer69
how much was the scuba delete? And how loud is it? I started off with having a piece of straight pipe put in and was wayyyyyy to loud with my TRD axleback then i had this welded in place and love it. Vibrant 2 5" 2 1 2" 14" Long Ultra Quiet High Flow Resonator SS Stainless Steel | eBay
I paid $180.00 from Speed Element. Its resonated, so the straight pipe is likely a bit too harsh

I enjoy the sound. Its a tuned note for sure. Going up a grade, putting a load on the engine it certainly produces a bit of a tuned droned sound (may not be for everybody). Not raspy at all

Heres a clip from another XB owner w/the same exhaust set up

Old 02-23-2015, 08:38 PM

You do lose bottom end power but gain mid range power I have the full tsudo exhaust. Header scuba delete and tailpipe