Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-drivetrain-power-1792/)
-   -   So I went to Capitol Raceway tonight and... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-drivetrain-power-1792/so-i-went-capitol-raceway-tonight-203277/)

youngflyer 10-08-2011 06:05 AM

thats awesome, i might be interested in going to capital to run my SC tc!

r2d2michael 10-08-2011 06:42 AM

nice!! who was the 12second car next to you? it better when its cold out because the air is denser?

ScionFred 10-08-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by youngflyer (Post 3921501)
thats awesome, i might be interested in going to capital to run my SC tc!

Come to Scion Road Rage on oct.16th. It's free for Scions, $10 for others. Car show, racing, gifts and entertainment. If the weather is good, it should be a blast.

ScionFred 10-08-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by r2d2michael (Post 3921509)
nice!! who was the 12second car next to you? it better when its cold out because the air is denser?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it was a SC V8 Camaro. I ran against a lot of boosted V8s last night. At least I got to run against one Honda and showed him my tail lights.

Yup, denser air makes more power.

TrevorS 10-08-2011 10:46 PM

VROOOM... :icon_biggrin:!

CIONIDE 10-09-2011 12:36 AM

Looks like if you can get that reaction time down some, you'll drop into the 13's with ease old man. :P

TrevorS 10-09-2011 03:47 AM

No offense intended, but there's humor, and there's deprecation. Whatever the reaction time explanation, I don't see where deprecation's relevant to either the thread or Fred's reported results. Way to go Fred, very good job :)!

youngflyer 10-09-2011 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by ScionFred (Post 3921724)
Come to Scion Road Rage on oct.16th. It's free for Scions, $10 for others. Car show, racing, gifts and entertainment. If the weather is good, it should be a blast.

i would but i have to work!

CIONIDE 10-09-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by TrevorS (Post 3921835)
I don't see where deprecation's relevant to either the thread or Fred's reported results.

Since deprecate means "to express earnest disapproval of", I'm not quite sure where you're coming from Trevor. Fred knows me, and knows it was an obvious shot of humor pointing out that he basically has a 13 second xB even though his final time on the slip is 14.12. Yes, very good job Fred.

ScionFred 10-09-2011 09:45 PM

Thanks guys. I was hoping no one would notice my lousy reaction time on that run, thanks Grandpa CIONIDE! I'm working on it. My best R/T of the night was a respectable .098" but I am still very inconsistent.

Trevor, I appreciate the thought but CIONIDE and I go back a few years and I took no offense to his remarks. He's as old as I am, maybe older, I bet he lies about his age! LOL

FYI, R/T is not subtracted from the ETs. If you look at my time slip from my last trip to Capitol you'll see that I lost the race even though I had a quicker ET. "Lost" being relative since this was just a test n' tune session. No classes, you just run against whoever you happen to line up next to.

CIONIDE 10-09-2011 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ScionFred (Post 3922095)
FYI, R/T is not subtracted from the ETs. If you look at my time slip from my last trip to Capitol you'll see that I lost the race even though I had a quicker ET.

I always thought R/T was included in the E/T, but if I understand you correctly it's not, and they add the two together to establish a total run time and the "winner". Did I get that right?

Oh, and I'm just an Uncle, no Grandpa here. :biggrin:

ScionFred 10-09-2011 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by CIONIDE (Post 3922133)
I always thought R/T was included in the E/T, but if I understand you correctly it's not, and they add the two together to establish a total run time and the "winner". Did I get that right?

Oh, and I'm just an Uncle, no Grandpa here. :biggrin:

Sort of. The first guy to reach the 1/4 mile timing light "wins" as long as he didn't red-light on the start (jump before the green light). So I could run a 14.00 and lose to a 14.10 if the other guy's R/T was more than .10' quicker since I sat at the starting line longer.

Sorry, Uncle CIONIDE. :)

ScionFred 10-09-2011 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by youngflyer (Post 3921841)
i would but i have to work!

I called in sick to race Friday and scheduled a vacation day for Sunday the 16th. :)

The season is almost over but maybe we could meet up there on another Friday night.