Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD CAI Availability??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys, so with the trd cai, no problems with the heavy rain we having in so cali? just curious, i wanna get one, but worried about the heavy rain, has anyone that got one drove their's in the rain with no problem, i was just curious about that and do u guys feel a difference on the low end or mid/high end with the response and power of the cai, thanx
Old 12-19-2007, 10:28 AM
SL Member

Kansas heavy rain is no problem here, tho CA rain may be different.
-If you like extra horses and mean sound, you will like the TRD CAI. I'm very happy with mine.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XbFactor36
hey guys, so with the trd cai, no problems with the heavy rain we having in so cali? just curious, i wanna get one, but worried about the heavy rain, has anyone that got one drove their's in the rain with no problem, i was just curious about that and do u guys feel a difference on the low end or mid/high end with the response and power of the cai, thanx
xbFactor: I just got my CAI installed, ironiclly on the day it starts to rain heavliy in so cal. So i picked up my vehicle at about 5 Pm yesterday. It was pouring out there. But i hooked back up my HIDs and i went onto the freeway. At first when i was at the dealership rev'd it a few times, didnt notice one bit of sound difference. When i pulled off the lot and floored it, in the rain. Man first gear, no sound or torque difference, but into second at around 3000 rpm, it starts to rumble, 4500rpm in 2nd gear its roaring. same with 3rd. So far, only had this CAI for less than 24 hours and thats what i noticed. Overall pretty cool, i think i might have overhyped it myself. But im happy. Merry Christmas to me
Old 12-19-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I was really worred about this myself... But, I found pictures here, on scionlife, where someone took theirs out of the package to show everyone. I then went to trdsparks.com's website and read the PDF install. It looks like the inlet vent to the flat filter is flipped to the back towards the wheel. The vent in the front allows cool air to come in, but all the water will probably just fall to the inside plastic. HOPEFULLY. Lol! Just sharing my gathered information of it.
I want to get the TRD CAI pretty bad.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
I was really worred about this myself... But, I found pictures here, on scionlife, where someone took theirs out of the package to show everyone. I then went to trdsparks.com's website and read the PDF install. It looks like the inlet vent to the flat filter is flipped to the back towards the wheel. The vent in the front allows cool air to come in, but all the water will probably just fall to the inside plastic. HOPEFULLY. Lol! Just sharing my gathered information of it.
I want to get the TRD CAI pretty bad.
Yea, actually after looking closely, i do notive the vent is not facing the port hole in the bumper, it is facing the other way with the intake inlet on top of the box. it looks like it would have to flood inside atleast 12 inches in order for it to get into the intake. I would assume
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Exactly!! So I think we're good, bro!

Plus, IIRC it's covered under warranty cause it's a Toyota part. I could be wrong, though.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i think i only has coverage for for 1 year or 12,000 miles. or 3 years. i forget.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
whwy would you pay for a install it takes 15 mins and you will feel better about working on your own car i got mine from the dealer was worked into the deal i love the intake its loud and i love the closed box ebay it get it cheep
Maybe because the dealer will warranty the part longer, and they can't use it against you should your car have any problems in the future.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whwy would you pay for a install it takes 15 mins and you will feel better about working on your own car i got mine from the dealer was worked into the deal i love the intake its loud and i love the closed box ebay it get it cheep
Maybe because the dealer will warranty the part longer, and they can't use it against you should your car have any problems in the future.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How are all you guys getting quoted so cheap? I don't mind installing it myself, but for around $350 installed, why not???
Old 12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 714xb
My Thoughts exactly.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by D_Unit
How are all you guys getting quoted so cheap? I don't mind installing it myself, but for around $350 installed, why not???
Dunit, hehe i have no idea, maybe its my gift to gab? Your in LA right dunit? if your looking for it, maybe i can recommend someone for you. Id have to ask him first of course. But will keep you posted if your interested!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nzaw4
Dunit, hehe i have no idea, maybe its my gift to gab? Your in LA right dunit? if your looking for it, maybe i can recommend someone for you. Id have to ask him first of course. But will keep you posted if your interested!
I used to live by the sunny beaches of S. Cali, but now reside in the Bay Area. I already got preached to death about "Pure Pricing" so I don't know how you guys are getting these deals locally. Thanks a lot for the offer tho... I really appreciate it. You either have the gift to gab or a really nice mini skirt... I really hope it's the gift to gabe....
Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used to live by the sunny beaches of S. Cali, but now reside in the Bay Area. I already got preached to death about "Pure Pricing" so I don't know how you guys are getting these deals locally. Thanks a lot for the offer tho... I really appreciate it. You either have the gift to gab or a really nice mini skirt... I really hope it's the gift to gabe....
Haha, you got me laughing my ___ off at work Im 6'2 about 215, I dont think id look that hot in a mini skirt, but if the price is right...... But yea seriously, next time you get your car serviced. Get to know your service manager rep, you know bullisht like, how long you been working here? you like it? etc.. I found young guy i kinda clicked with. Also, i was at the dealership before beucase some "animal" chewed out my rear wiring harness to my charcoal filter box. So i _____ed and compliened. Was told to pay 250 just to fix some wires, but the service guy felt my pain and reduced it to 200 . I guess he felt bad also, that i had to pay that crazy amount for some "animal" doing that to my car. I have no dogs/cats in my apt complex, and i havent seen a rat in the 3 years i lived here. So i guess he felt guilty and hooked me up with a nice price for the cai. But yea, bullish the service managers, its not like they pay for it anyways
Old 12-21-2007, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, so i got the TRD installed, anyone intrested in buying a stock intake?? Give me some offers
Old 12-21-2007, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

ok, so i got the TRD installed, anyone intrested in buying a stock intake?? Give me some offers
How about you put the stock intake back on, pack up the TRD CAI and ship it to me.

I have paypal ready. I'll give you $100 since it's used and all...