Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno Video 2010 xB Descendant kit 308whp 11+psi

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dyno Video 2010 xB Descendant kit 308whp 11+psi

Quik edit of my day at the Dyno, Enjoy.

Last edited by scionxbpr; 06-28-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just out of curiosity, were you from?
Old 06-29-2012, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Demoplay
just out of curiosity, were you from?
PR
Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

de donde de puerto rico, yo tambien soy de puerto rico y tengo una turbo soy del area metro
Old 06-29-2012, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Demoplay
de donde de puerto rico, yo tambien soy de puerto rico y tengo una turbo soy del area metro
Soy del noroeste, creo q descendant me hablo de ti, montastes un kit de ellos hace unos dias cierto?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionxbpr
Soy del noroeste, creo q descendant me hablo de ti, montastes un kit de ellos hace unos dias cierto?
tengo otro kit, personalmente no me gusta el kit de ellos pero si le compre varias cosas pero q bueno men saludos cualquier cosa me dejas saber es bueno saber q no solo ahi tc por ahi roncando. q yo sepa ahi pocas aca en pr te pregunto eres standar o auto. por siacaso mi numero es 787-300-0330 pa cualquier cosa
Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sooo...umm.....what kind of mods do you have? Did you replace the intake with a cone filter, or get rid of the scuba?

EDIT: Just noticed the cone filter. What did you use to tune? exhaust size? scuba?

Last edited by Roller_Toaster; 06-30-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
sooo...umm.....what kind of mods do you have? Did you replace the intake with a cone filter, or get rid of the scuba?

EDIT: Just noticed the cone filter. What did you use to tune? exhaust size? scuba?
Just the cone filter, stock exhaust, now I deleted the scuba until I get hold of a full system 3'' I had to change the springs since I dont have a boost controler and she is making from 10.90 to 11.05 psi. Next time I get to the Dyno I'm hoping to have Boost controler, Meth kit, and LSD. R U still running E85?
Old 06-30-2012, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dale yo te doy un call, voy a estar por Guaynabodurante casi todo el proximo mes y pienso bajar en el microonda. Busca hilos mios hay par con fotos de la guagua y muestran que es manual y par mas de goodies.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionxbpr
Dale yo te doy un call, voy a estar por Guaynabodurante casi todo el proximo mes y pienso bajar en el microonda. Busca hilos mios hay par con fotos de la guagua y muestran que es manual y par mas de goodies.

So...if I throw this in Google Translate, I get "Give me give you a call, I'll be by Guaynabodurante most of the next month and I think down in the microwave. Mine is looking couple threads with pictures of the bus and show it to manual and couple more goodies".

This makes no sense what-so-ever.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayes
So...if I throw this in Google Translate, I get "Give me give you a call, I'll be by Guaynabodurante most of the next month and I think down in the microwave. Mine is looking couple threads with pictures of the bus and show it to manual and couple more goodies".

This makes no sense what-so-ever.
I would say that google translate wasn't even close lol, works well from english to spanish. Microwave is what I call my box instead of toaster ^_^
Old 06-30-2012, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ha ha, thats funny...
Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought descendant said they made 300 wheel with the stock airbox and exhaust??
Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cualquier cosa tengo FB me puedes anadira mas facil estar en contacto, Roller true on that, i haven't seen one like that full stock.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought descendant said they made 300 wheel with the stock airbox and exhaust??
That day at the dyno, I had stock exhaust but the TRD muffler wich is a straight pipe like the stock one, the cone air filter doesnt make a significant difference. Check out this myth busted video about POD filters.

And she did 308whp on 91 pump gas. thats 300+. Also Not all Dynos read the same, the one I was at doesnt have any popularity of reading high or low. I dont get in love with brands but the kit is high quality and it did the numbers they promise.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you have any trouble with tuning? I had heard that descendant said that a pod filter or deleting the scuba would cause problems with the wastegate?

(I'm only asking because I just picked up most of a descendant kit, and want to figure everything out before I install).

Congrats on breaking 300 wheel!!

EDIT: I didn't realize that about POD filters, huh
Old 07-02-2012, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you have any trouble with tuning? I had heard that descendant said that a pod filter or deleting the scuba would cause problems with the wastegate?

(I'm only asking because I just picked up most of a descendant kit, and want to figure everything out before I install).

Thanks, I got de AEM EMS S2, and the tunner never had any problems with it, the problems where that he looks like to know how to get you power but never knew how to work with the idle, in that part descendant help me out. That happens to most cars since the back pressure changes, you might want to get a boost controller and you will deal with that easy and the boost controller will help a lot with the spool. The tune is pretty sweet the MPG with TC2 wheels combined, boosting the ride goes to 28 mpg, With other 16'' wheels I have I get 32 combined also boosting, Renewable energy ; ).

And I also didn't knew about POD filters, all their promotions seem very convicing : /, they also have one on CAI and those seem to have a little gain.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for the wall of text. Scroll to bottom for quick-read.

Changing the stock intake and switching to a 3" catless exhaust is not really... uhm... advised. Boost controller will not fix the issue that this kit was not designed to work without the stock exhaust/intake systems and hold continuous boost. The cat is there to provide the back-pressure which allows the waste-gate to sufficiently expell the "waste" and avoid significant boost creeps. Obviously, if you look at where the waste-gate is placed, you will notice that there might be some obvious problems if you got rid of your back-pressure... I can confidently tell you that you will have problems when you switch to a 3" catless turbo-back exhaust. Do not let anybody else tell you otherwise, even with a boost controller. You. Will. Have. Problems... because of how the kit is designed. BUT, there are ways around that if you MUST have a 3" exhaust. I do not even regret the change to my 3" exhaust on my turbo set-up, but we put a lot of thought and time into the change. Here's an example. Before I changed the intake, I was running 8PSI flat, perfectly. I changed the intake, and we had a siginificant horsepower increase. (By significant I mean that it was more than you would expect by just changing an intake.) - That was because the boost was creeping .3 - .7 PSI higher, allowing us a little HP/TQ gain. WHICH IS FINE... when we deleted the cat and added the 3" turbo-back exhaust, all hell broke lose. I was constantly boosting to 20 PSI, 15 PSI, etc... we added a boost controller, and even opened up the waste-gate to see what spring I had inside (that's a whole story itself, it ended up being a 4PSI spring, which means I was always having boost creep issues?????). WE REMOVED the spring, fully open wastegate, and was still getting 15 - 18 PSI.... (lack of back-pressure). We had to add a second wastegate by welding a tube into the back/center of the manifold. Solved all my issues. BUT ANYWAYS....

For those who didn't read: You will encounter problems going to 3" cat-less exhaust. But, if you're up to it, it's worth it.

I just thought, since you're talking about exhaust, here are a few videos of what my exhaust sounds like switching to 3" with a magnaflow resonator and muffler. Sadly it was like 100 degrees that night, so it wasn't pulling as hard as it should.

View My Video
View My Video
View My Video
Old 07-07-2012, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you pm me some pictures of your extra wastegate setup? I have a giant pile of parts, and im not going to be putting anything on flr at least a few months. I just want to get all my ducks in a row before I do anything!

Thanks for all the great first hand info and advice for a soon to be boosted toaster!

Im currently trying to figure out if I want to go with a stealthy approach (stock air box, scuba, etc), or modify the kit to work with a 3" exhaust and all the other goodies. Honestly, if I can hit 300 wheel with the stock airbox/ scuba, ill leave it nice and quiet :D

Last edited by Roller_Toaster; 07-07-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not upgrading the exhaust on a turbo car is a new concept to me. Coming from a circle of friends who own a certain toyota straight six turbo engine, I know the immediate gains that a 3" exhaust can give.

Personally, I'm not big on loud cars that attract attention, but, as i said before, It's hard to not imagine how much power could easily be unlocked.

I am going to grab some injectors and an aem fic, try to find a stock airbox (and get descedant's airbox raising kit), put it all together and try to find a good tuner!

Quick Reply: Dyno Video 2010 xB Descendant kit 308whp 11+psi