Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TurboToyotas in the Mile High City.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol, all I heard was rasprasprasp, could barely hear the turbo.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I know, he needs to gun it more.. well get it tuned first haha.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha is that on the stock exhaust? sounds like the he needs some bigger exhaust, the car is choking
Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

you have an open dump right? is that a custom exhaust? what muffler do you have? i guess vids dont do justice
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
you have an open dump right? is that a custom exhaust? what muffler do you have? i guess vids dont do justice
x2, either way the kit looks good, good luck with it!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cokmeatsami
nope a 3 inch turbo back 3 inch down pipe 3 inch all the way its loud but alot quieter then open dump was lol
Your neighbors must love you!

Nice job, the whole engine compartment is great, and the color matched pipes set off the look too.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

your video cam sucks! your box doesnt haha.. 400 hp yo!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

what management you have? with bigger injectors in?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The kit looks amazing. I am interested in the numbers, still not sold on a turbo for my daily driver, at least not for an xb2 I may still just hold off for a few years until I trade it in for a FI/AWD car.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

how do you see your timing? scangauge? try to reset your ecu and see if it works better, it might adjust since you are running stock injectors and ecu.. but yeha never floor it or even hit boost
Old 08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
It's just ridiculous that somebody with so much to offer to this forum (who has already given so much to the ScionLife community) isn't allowed to be a part of it anymore.

I repeat: FREE CORYJAMES!

*EDIT* I've thought about it; and it's not ridiculous, it's just plain disappointing. If a few curse words and a hot temper disallowed someone from participation, then we wouldn't be the free country that we are, with a Constitution and Bill of Rights that have held up for more than 200 years...
Sadly, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Constitution or Bill of Rights, and has everything to do with private property.

No matter how helpful and talented a person is, if they come into your livingroom or office and take a dump on your floor, you aren't going to be pleased.

If they then take a swing at you because you objected, you will be even less pleased.

Corey has yet to respond to the e-mail I sent him a couple weeks ago, so there is obviously no desire on his part to discuss his problem with following the rules he promised to follow, and his crapping on the floor and battling with the mods is more than enough to make this ridiculous Whack-A-Mole game necessary.

As to the rest of you, leave it alone unless you really want to go looking for another forum. Sorry it has to be that way, but there is no way we can tolerate someone who was given so many chances to clean up his act, but refuses to.

("Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's livingroom or office, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet.)

Any genuine questions, you know how to contact me and you know how to contact the owners.

Tom
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

whew! i thought it was a lock when I saw a tomas post.. but its good, we know you mods are just keeping things here in order
Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't lock unless I have to, and I don't warn until forced to.

So long as folks follow the rules and don't purposely try to make trouble, I'm easy to get along with. Even making a mistake or two and accidentally breaking the rules I can often get along with. Getting in my face looking for a fight, purposely breaking the rules, refusing to change behavior when asked, and things like that? We're going to have a problem...

Take it easy, guys. Corey's not welcome back here, because he doesn't think the rules apply to him.

Tough world.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
I don't lock unless I have to, and I don't warn until forced to.

So long as folks follow the rules and don't purposely try to make trouble, I'm easy to get along with. Even making a mistake or two and accidentally breaking the rules I can often get along with. Getting in my face looking for a fight, purposely breaking the rules, refusing to change behavior when asked, and things like that? We're going to have a problem...

Take it easy, guys. Corey's not welcome back here, because he doesn't think the rules apply to him.

Tough world.
That taking a dump on the floor analogy was awesome
Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
As to the rest of you, leave it alone unless you really want to go looking for another forum. Sorry it has to be that way, but there is no way we can tolerate someone who was given so many chances to clean up his act, but refuses to.
Point made, and point taken; I'll leave it alone.

BTW, I knew that Constitution comment was like stretching a rubber band to the breaking point. As I suspected I would, I am now eating my words.

Tomas, thanks for everything you do for SL.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah...that was funny!

so...what exactly is a "split" in a thread?

Oh...and can you "unlock" threads that have been locked? I was just thinking maybe you could unlock my TurboToyotas Vegas Style thread and move it to Off Topic? :prey:
Old 08-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
yeah...that was funny!

so...what exactly is a "split" in a thread?

Oh...and can you "unlock" threads that have been locked? I was just thinking maybe you could unlock my TurboToyotas Vegas Style thread and move it to Off Topic? :prey:
OK, a thread "split" is when a SuperMod or Admin splits the posts in a thread into two parts, and generally leaves one where it was and moves the other to a place where it can no longer be seen by the public. We do that to clean things up but keep the "bad" stuff as a record for any further actions.

As to unlocking the Vegas Turbo thread and moving it to off topic, I'll consider it. A lot of that depends on how people behave...

Tom
Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THANKS! That would be SWEET!

So I guess a "split" is basically seen to us comon folk as deleted posts?

Oh, and I think it was D that told me that "official dyno" thread was just a mess, so I think I'm gonna just make a new one with all the info from that old one and see if I can get it stickied to replace the old one.

"We now return you to your regular scheduled thread...move along...nothing to see here..."
Old 08-08-2008, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha the vegas style is a split thread? thats awesome, SL is the best.. mods are great haha.. meaty what happened to you sig?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
haha the vegas style is a split thread? thats awesome, SL is the best.. mods are great haha.. meaty what happened to you sig?
I offered to change it as a sign of good will to get my thread unlocked...

Quick Reply: TurboToyotas in the Mile High City.