Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

12" sub *NEW* plexi-grill added this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Im watching this. Im very interesting in getting one of these myself.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:56 AM
Wil
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That grill is too shaweet.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murbyrne
im getting the Scosche box, and might want to get a grill similar to this. Hmmm
scosche box?

what is this i hear?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a beautiful sub grille. How do you find someone near you who can do that type of work?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Nice grill!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mucho Nice with the Plexi....PROPS!!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madode
That's a beautiful sub grille. How do you find someone near you who can do that type of work?
I can hook you up with the guy who drew it up & saved it as a .dfx file which is what the plastics place needed to actually make the piece.. & I can hook you up with the plastics place.. You'de probally do everything by emails & have them ship it to you when it's cut... or you can look up 'plastics' in your local yellow pages & start calling them.. That's what I did. Talked to the firs one I called & they sounded good, so I gave them the work..
NOW the plastics place either wanted a .dfx file for the cnc machine.. OR they could take my exeact drawing & for an extra 125$$ they could make up the /dfx file for me..... Luckily, I traded led's & my labor to Shain for his work on the dfx.... PM me if you want their names & numbers.... jh
Old 02-14-2008, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmbomb
sho0b0x.... a guy now in the STL SCION room after seeing this says he does that kind of stuff at his work. I asked him for a $quote$ on making that piece. When he responds, I'll let you know how much, then you can decide if you want 'em too.......
Thanks for all the kind words, every-1...
jh
Ok, I got thru to 2dot4 on the stlscion site.. Apparently he spoke too soon.. he cannot get away with cutting personal peices at his work, Like he said he could do after all.. He said that he's had tons of requests since he posted that claim & is now in the process of procuring his own cnc router & sources for materials... So looks like it's a bust unless you want to wait around for him to get his side work off the ground... I can turn you'se on the the place that did mine.. You supply them with the .dfx & Bonnie will call you back with a $quote$ & you go from there.. pay with a CC & she'll ship it to ya when it's done.... jh
Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmbomb
Originally Posted by Madode
I can hook you up with the guy who drew it up & saved it as a .dfx file which is what the plastics place needed to actually make the piece.. & I can hook you up with the plastics place.. You'de probally do everything by emails & have them ship it to you when it's cut... or you can look up 'plastics' in your local yellow pages & start calling them.. That's what I did. Talked to the firs one I called & they sounded good, so I gave them the work..
NOW the plastics place either wanted a .dfx file for the cnc machine.. OR they could take my exeact drawing & for an extra 125$$ they could make up the /dfx file for me..... Luckily, I traded led's & my labor to Shain for his work on the dfx.... PM me if you want their names & numbers.... jh
HA! Anyone that wants to save that kind of money on producing a dxf send me a pm. It doesnt take 20 minutes to trace over a picture in autocad. Im sorry but that is highway robbery.

hell there is freebie programs out there that can do the same thing too!

I am drawing one right now that says KICKER, and I will mount it over across both L7's. Plan to put 2 of those led's on at the ends to light it up.

I just fear that it will break. 250w to each sub right now is rattling my rear veiw mirror like crazy. I cant even think what 750-850w to each sub is going to do
Old 02-21-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you go with half inch think, it will do fine...... Mine is a 1kw going into that 12" bravox... No cracks yet..
check out these guys. they gave me the idea to do mine ..
http://www.jmlaudio.com/custom%20plexiglass.htm

....jh