Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Installation of C-Pillar Net Storage

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member

After installing the C-Pillar "nets" I have to say it takes a heck of a lot longer to read this thread than to properly install them!

First comment, I used a 9/16 wood auger bit ONLY. NO pilot hole.

Second, be careful when drilling. You are ONLY going to drill through approximately 1/8" of plastic! Don't let the bit get pulled in too far or you might screw up the factory installed threaded holes.

I taped up the paper templates and used the point of the auger bit to push into the indicated drilling point then started drilling.

There are threaded "hard points" installed behind the plastic trimwork where the supplied bolts thread into. This is so damn easy to do and compared to what a Scion "Stealership" charges to do this, to have it done by them is begging to be "raped"!

My ONLY complaint...I wish the "nets" were grey (the same as they are on the Toyota Rukus) instead of black
Old 09-20-2013, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Voodoo_Blue_5
After installing the C-Pillar "nets" I have to say it takes a heck of a lot longer to read this thread than to properly install them!

First comment, I used a 9/16 wood auger bit ONLY. NO pilot hole.

Second, be careful when drilling. You are ONLY going to drill through approximately 1/8" of plastic! Don't let the bit get pulled in too far or you might screw up the factory installed threaded holes.

I taped up the paper templates and used the point of the auger bit to push into the indicated drilling point then started drilling.

There are threaded "hard points" installed behind the plastic trimwork where the supplied bolts thread into. This is so damn easy to do and compared to what a Scion "Stealership" charges to do this, to have it done by them is begging to be "raped"!

My ONLY complaint...I wish the "nets" were grey (the same as they are on the Toyota Rukus) instead of black
I agree I just installed this today in the morning. It's a 25 min. Job and super easy. I used a 1/2" bit and no problems at all.