Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

NEW 08 Xb and some Avic D3 stuff...

Old 10-10-2007, 08:09 AM

Default NEW 08 Xb and some Avic D3 stuff...

okay, so i just picked up my 08 black Xb and LOVE the thing! I'm used to driving a '94 supercharged miata -- which is now my permanent track/weekend car. The Xb is SUCH a nice break from that little beast.

I'm currently relocating from Seattle to LA and would LOVE a GPS navigation unit for the beauty (anyone want to sponsor my trip?!). I've read some reviews of the Pioneer AVIC-D3 unit and would love some feedback. now is this something i could install myself over the weekend? is the hookup to gain steering wheel control as well as DVD watching-while driving difficult to do? (DVD watching is for passenger entertainment, not my own ) I can't seem to find a comprehensive tutorial on the install of the thing on this forum (then again, the search function kinda blows).

I'm also debating just getting a TomTom ONE seeing as it'll save me $600.

I have other questions regarding other aspects of the ride which I'll be posting in other forums. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can also read up here: http://www.avic411.com
Old 10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get the avic...its awesome. im taking a trip from vegas to orlando and i got it for that trip. better than any unit right now for the price.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I just got the new Kenwood DNX7100. Great unit with Nav built in running Garmin.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:49 AM
SL Member

I just had the Avic-d3 installed and I love it! You won't believe how great it looks, looks like it is stock w/ the amber lighting. The only thing that was frustrating was figuring out Bluetooth (since I have Verizon, Verizon=Crippled Blutooth). I would go with the Avic-D3, yeah it costs a little over 1,000 to get everything and installation, but so worth it, does everything higher-end/expensive units do!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the D3 is an amazing piece pioneer is doing good things lately!

with installing it...its very easy but if u want steering wheel controls u will have to konw alot about car audio and how to take it apart....its kinda a pain to get the right wires hooked up but once there hooked up programing is easy!

i live out in LA if u need opinions on good stereo shops in the area ill let u kno the ones that sell used product and the ones that are the best to go to!!!

Search this Thread