Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sirius XM Conversion

Old 02-18-2014, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sirius XM Conversion

I stopped by BEST BUY to look at their Sirius conversion kit for the standard 2008 Scion xB Pioneer Radio. I think the model number of the standard radio is DEH M8027 ZT. The kit that Sirius has is shown at the following link-

http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600..._vehicle_tuner

Best
Buy also have one but I could not find it on their website. The installer at Best Buy said it would not fit the back of the radio I think meaning there is a different connector. I also just looked on the site and found the following Pioneer - XM Digital Satellite Tuner for Pioneer Satellite-Ready Head Units.

Have any of you guys used this in your car with the standard Pioneer radio?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:37 AM

Thumbs down

I have the same receiver from my previous car/head unit, it won't work with the stock pioneer unit..

this is the back of the unit:

Name:  1t4zI23l.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  503 Bytes

front for reference:

Name:  rRlCPVwl.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  503 Bytes

doesn't have the connection for the SXV200.. did some searching around when I (recently) bought my 2012 xB with stock pioneer unit (OEL display), and the parts to add the sat functionality are pricey.. for the cost, you could add an aftermarket head unit, if you're willing to re-wire a new microphone/USB port.. not sure if there is an adapter/module for steering wheel controls for scion to aftermarket units either (crutchfield has been inconclusive)..

I have a pioneer DEH-X8500BS that had everything except HD radio and steering wheel controls, so I'm still pondering just selling my old unit+sat kit and sticking with stock or going through the trouble of installing it pretty much just for sat radio..

I think these are two of the parts you'd need, there is a third listed on some ebay listings, and on toyota parts it has a "cover" but not sure if that is required or not.. XM Radio Fit Kit and XM Radio Receiver
Old 04-10-2014, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know this may be a little late but the stock pioneer unit does not use a pioneer sirius adapter.
You need the Toyota one (2 parts actually, TOY-SC1 and SCC1 for Sirius, not sure about part numbers for XM).
I found mine on e-bay for like $70. New they are around $300 (if you can even find them).