Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

*The Daily "wa tsup" NY thread Northeastern sTyLe*

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

why would i need huncentric rings? i dont even know what they are.

how much would i need to spend for that and a nice color set of lugs?

complete n00b with tires and all

thanks again man
peter
Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the run-down on hubcentric rings:
Originally Posted by DiscountTireDirect
In a nut shell:
Hub centric rings help you center the wheel onto the hub and help keep the wheel centered while you drive. (this is very important especially under forces of speed.)

More in depth explanation of what hub rings are and what they do:
Your wheel has a, more or less, female hub and your vehicle has the male hub. Ideally you want the hub on your wheels to fit barely over the hub of your vehicle. (within .01mm) If they don't fit this tight you can actually torque them down off center which will cause a vibration and can lead to other problems while you drive. There is no industry standard for hub size. Scion uses a different hub size for each of their vehicles. Honda uses different sizes and so does Ford and Chevy for that matter. Most after market wheel companies want to make their wheels so they fit as many vehicles as possible so they build their hubs large enough to fit the largest vehicles hub. They then include or sell hub rings to fill the difference if your vehicles hub is smaller. EX: Konig uses as 73.1mm hub size for most of their passenger wheels you would need a 73.1-60.1mm hub ring for your 08xb.
I hope this helps and doesn’t confuse you more.

We also have a description in the Info Center section of our web site.
The xB2 has a 60.1mm hub, and the Raze wheels have a 73mm hub bore, so you need 60.1mm-73mm hubcentric rings. They're $15.49 from Lakeshore Wheel & Tire:
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com...34&prevstart=0

Here's a link to a thread on lug nuts:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=231329

You should be able to pick up a set for somewhere between $30-$100, depending on brand, style, and if they include a set of wheel locks or not. If you roam the Lakeshore website, they have lots of lug nuts available (and in a variety of colors). Most after market wheels have conical seats, but you should probably confirm that with Raze before buying the lug nuts.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm pretty much set on switching to a new xB right now. I just have to sell my tC so I can afford it! I don't really want to just trade it in because I know I will get ripped off, and my tC is in great condition,has mods etc.. But good luck with your new xB and have fun.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Here's the run-down on hubcentric rings:
Originally Posted by DiscountTireDirect
In a nut shell:
Hub centric rings help you center the wheel onto the hub and help keep the wheel centered while you drive. (this is very important especially under forces of speed.)

More in depth explanation of what hub rings are and what they do:
Your wheel has a, more or less, female hub and your vehicle has the male hub. Ideally you want the hub on your wheels to fit barely over the hub of your vehicle. (within .01mm) If they don't fit this tight you can actually torque them down off center which will cause a vibration and can lead to other problems while you drive. There is no industry standard for hub size. Scion uses a different hub size for each of their vehicles. Honda uses different sizes and so does Ford and Chevy for that matter. Most after market wheel companies want to make their wheels so they fit as many vehicles as possible so they build their hubs large enough to fit the largest vehicles hub. They then include or sell hub rings to fill the difference if your vehicles hub is smaller. EX: Konig uses as 73.1mm hub size for most of their passenger wheels you would need a 73.1-60.1mm hub ring for your 08xb.
I hope this helps and doesn’t confuse you more.

We also have a description in the Info Center section of our web site.
The xB2 has a 60.1mm hub, and the Raze wheels have a 73mm hub bore, so you need 60.1mm-73mm hubcentric rings. They're $15.49 from Lakeshore Wheel & Tire:
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com...34&prevstart=0

Here's a link to a thread on lug nuts:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=231329

You should be able to pick up a set for somewhere between $30-$100, depending on brand, style, and if they include a set of wheel locks or not. If you roam the Lakeshore website, they have lots of lug nuts available (and in a variety of colors). Most after market wheels have conical seats, but you should probably confirm that with Raze before buying the lug nuts.

makes sense....you see i would have never known thanks a lot of sharing the knowledge!!!

Originally Posted by irphlex
I'm pretty much set on switching to a new xB right now. I just have to sell my tC so I can afford it! I don't really want to just trade it in because I know I will get ripped off, and my tC is in great condition,has mods etc.. But good luck with your new xB and have fun.
you should be able to get a good chunk for your car....mind you mine was in an accident before so i lost $$ from there... thanks anyway and i hope you'll enjoy your xB2 as much as i am......

i can't wait im ordering it tomorrow but i have to wait for everything to get installed
Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

the anticipation is building! yeah when iI get mine the first thing I'm doing is dropping it and putting new rims on it. I hate the stock height.... and the ugly hubbies that come with it. haha
Old 09-08-2008, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

your less than 24 hrs old in this board....welcome by the way and im sure your list for the xB2 is as long as mine.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

haha my fault, but yes I already have everything I want picked out for it.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Leaving for the dealership in 2 hrs
Old 09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

I ordered ITTTTT......should be ready by thursday!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The hardest part is waiting! Congrats!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice color!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

thank you thank you
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Congrats on the new xB

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I traded my '07 tC for an '09 xB and I love my box. I'm 6'3", and was never completely comfortable in my tC. It was fun to drive, but too cramped; even with the seat all the way back my legs were bent and rubbed the steering wheel, doors, console.

The best part so far is how great the xB's A/C works! I'm sure it has a lot to do with how the xB doesn't have a sunroof and the tC has an entire roof of glass, but OMG, the Dallas summer heat is unbearable in a tC. It never cools down enough! The xB, however, gets so cold I have to move the temp up a bit and point the vents away from blowing directly on me.

Everybody's needs are different, and for me, the xB is perfect. I've had 10 new cars over the past 25 years, and this xB is my favorite. The list includes some high-end sedans, btw. Spending more doesn't always make you happier with your car, I've learned.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by irphlex
the anticipation is building! yeah when iI get mine the first thing I'm doing is dropping it and putting new rims on it. I hate the stock height.... and the ugly hubbies that come with it. haha

can i have it
Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Default Re: Congrats on the new xB

^^^^hahhhaha

Originally Posted by RyanCawdor
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I traded my '07 tC for an '09 xB and I love my box. I'm 6'3", and was never completely comfortable in my tC. It was fun to drive, but too cramped; even with the seat all the way back my legs were bent and rubbed the steering wheel, doors, console.

The best part so far is how great the xB's A/C works! I'm sure it has a lot to do with how the xB doesn't have a sunroof and the tC has an entire roof of glass, but OMG, the Dallas summer heat is unbearable in a tC. It never cools down enough! The xB, however, gets so cold I have to move the temp up a bit and point the vents away from blowing directly on me.

Everybody's needs are different, and for me, the xB is perfect. I've had 10 new cars over the past 25 years, and this xB is my favorite. The list includes some high-end sedans, btw. Spending more doesn't always make you happier with your car, I've learned.
im 6'3" as well and even with aftermarket seats i wasn't seating comfortably enough. the tC was paid off and it was time to move on.

when i test drove the xB (stick) i was pretty aggressive with it, i really wanted to see what it could do. 10 mins after i realized the AC was on and holy poop when i turned it off did it pick upppp!!!

i completely get what you're talking about with its intensity, it was well into the 90s that day and i didnt even feel it once i stepped in. the tC was way behind with its AC.

xB2 FTMFW!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

GRRRRRRRR the dealership is taking too long to get one.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

how long did you guys have to wait for yours?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine was the first one to roll of the truck in the tri state...i actually went to the dealership to buy a tc but my mom was how bout that 1.

they said 6 moths wait for a black one...so a few days doesnt seem that bad
Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Stealership i went to always has a few of them... Even an RS or two... No wait for me... hehe
Old 09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Grrrrrr..im the only that waits lol.....and then i have to wait 2 days for the leather to get wrapped.

It's the worth the wait right??
Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 PM

Definitely worth the wait.

The dealership I went to always has a bunch, and a few RS models. I walked in, did all the paperwork, and walked out in about 45 minutes. I drove it off the lot right then. I had to bring it back to get stuff installed, but I took it home that day.

Trust me, you will looooove your xB. When you get it make sure you post up some pics!

Quick Reply: *The Daily "wa tsup" NY thread Northeastern sTyLe*