Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

08 XB auto tran swap with 2012 XB auto tran but last 2 harness connectors different

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 07:54 AM

Default 08 XB auto tran swap with 2012 XB auto tran but last 2 harness connectors different

Hi there new guy here and I'm pulling my hair out over this issue I'm dealing with. PLEASE HELP!!! . My tranny in my 08 scion xb went out and as much as everyone keeps telling me to get a new car Im NOT giving up on my XB that easy.. bought her brand new off the lot in 07 and she's been the best car I've ever owned.. Ok so I found a "Japanese import" transmission 🙄 off offer up for $600 and swooped it up. Watched a bunch of videos on how to swap and made sure it would just be a plug and play . And that's exactly what all my research added up too.. and everything matched up when I dropped the original transmission and had it side by side with the new one (so I thought). Getting the new tranny in took a few days of yelling and screaming at myself for being cheap and taking on this job myself and at my poor XB who didnt deserve some of the things i said to her. (I have since apologized and bought her some new wax and air freshener were gonna try out when she's back on the road)😉. I got everything put back on and just came to realize that the last 2 connectors of the wiring harness DO NOT MATCH UP 😖. now I'm searching everywhere online but can't find anything about what my options are to fix this.. I can't even find any info about why the harness is different or when a new harness was introduced .. I could really use some help here fellow Scion lovers PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! I actually have the connectors that will fit on the last 2 plugs because they came connected to the transmission with about 2 inches of wires attached, I was thinking of cutting and splicing them to my existing harness but I am not sure how to do that since the colors of the wires aren't the same.. any help would be greatly appreciated peeps. Thanks! 😑