5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

[quote="jsa3mm"]
Originally Posted by chadfo
Originally Posted by jsa3mm
How / Why is the xB2 more reliable?
He was comparing to a supercharged XB1.
Ah! Thank you for clearing that up. I don't think that a supercharged vehicle is any less reliable that a N/A vehicle if it is tuned correctly. quote]

"If it is tuned correctly." It's something that I would rather not worry about. Just give me the 2.4 and I'll be on my way.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by midgethearsexb
Originally Posted by lilpklebox
I too have crossed over from a first gen RS3 to a new 08 Blackberry Crush! Love it! more power more room and still very respectable MPG. And how many Square cars do you know do 0-60 on 7.8 seconds?
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...h_P7050006.jpg
I'm so sick of people bashing on the MPG of the xB2! The only reason it went down so much is because of the EPA rating change. If they were to use the old system, it would be fairly close to the xB1. Also, I watched a S/C '05 xB1 run against a stock '08 xB2 with the TRD 19's and the xB2 ate it up. For $800 more you get a faster, more reliable car and better gas mileage than a S/C xB1. Why not?
I'm a little lost on your comments here Matt. It's like you interpreted the exact opposite of what lilpklebox wrote.

Anyone who has had and XB2 long enough to fill it up can verify that the gas mileage has gone down. It should be expected because it has a larger more powerful engine and it's around 700 lbs heavier.
I never said that it didn't go down, but I was trying to say that the only reason for the "dramatic" drop, was because of the change in the EPA rating system. It wouldn't have been as big of a drop, had the EPA not changed the way they rate the MPG. The system is a lot more strict now. Had the xB1 been rated with the new sysem it would have been more like 27 and 31 instead of 31 and 34.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lilpklebox
I too have crossed over from a first gen RS3 to a new 08 Blackberry Crush! Love it! more power more room and still very respectable MPG. And how many Square cars do you know do 0-60 on 7.8 seconds?
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...h_P7050006.jpg
I'm so sick of people bashing on the MPG of the xB2! The only reason it went down so much is because of the EPA rating change. If they were to use the old system, it would be fairly close to the xB1. Also, I watched a S/C '05 xB1 run against a stock '08 xB2 with the TRD 19's and the xB2 ate it up. For $800 more you get a faster, more reliable car and better gas mileage than a S/C xB1. Why not?
I'm a little lost on your comments here Matt. It's like you interpreted the exact opposite of what lilpklebox wrote.

Anyone who has had and XB2 long enough to fill it up can verify that the gas mileage has gone down. It should be expected because it has a larger more powerful engine and it's around 700 lbs heavier.
I never said that it didn't go down, but I was trying to say that the only reason for the "dramatic" drop, was because of the change in the EPA rating system. It wouldn't have been as big of a drop, had the EPA not changed the way they rate the MPG. The system is a lot more strict now. Had the xB1 been rated with the new sysem it would have been more like 27 and 31 instead of 31 and 34.
Old xB would be 26/30 in the new 2008 standard.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

"If it is tuned correctly." It's something that I would rather not worry about. Just give me the 2.4 and I'll be on my way.
Do you think you are messing with a computer? You can't just drag and drop a different engine in from a different vehicle. It isn't as easy as you would imagine it would be.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by jsa3mm
Do you think you are messing with a computer? You can't just drag and drop a different engine in from a different vehicle. It isn't as easy as you would imagine it would be.
Ya think?! I wasn't talking about dropping a 2.4 in my Gen 1 der! I was talking about the xB2... you know... it comes with a 2.4. So instead of spending thousands on a S/C, I would rather trade in for an xB2 and get more than just a few horses.

And as far as dropping a different motor in the Gen 1 goes, that's just plain stupid! You have to change everything! Engine, trans, ECU, adjust linkage, axle shafts, etc. Is it really worth it? NO! Just buy an xB2 like I am!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Gotcha!
But buy an xB2?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member

Midgethearsexb's thoughts on xb1 and 2 are similar to mine. Back in 2004 I purchased a BSP xB manual and have loved it. It's few shortcomings were acceptable at the time. However in the past few years I've gotten married, will have kids soon, and have to drive 1600 miles round trip to visit in-laws. After much thought and debate with myself I finally traded in the good ol' box for a BSP xB2 manual. Although when I walk up to it I dont get the same feeling of uniqueness ("hah, I'm driving a square box"), the new xB does have a smooth and cool appearance. Appearance aside I absolutely love the new xB. Better positioned shifter, shorter throws, more space in the hatch, more cupholders... more power (!!), etc etc. The slightly lower fuel economy is still acceptable to me. All in all, the decision to stay with an xB1 or to go for an xB2 is all about priorities and mindset. Since the first day I owned an xB1 I got jeered at, so switching to an xB2 will be no different (though curiously some will be from fellow Scion owners). *sigh* of course I would love to get lowering springs, wheels, exhaust, and a few other shinies, but that'll probably never happen.