Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2008 Hypnotic Teal

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

seeing the color online i liked it but when i saw it in person last April I shouted yuck!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why would you go out of your way to post a topic like this? You know you will undoubtedly ruffle some feathers of the teal owners.

I think the teal was a great choice for my wife and I considering the limited color options of the new xB's.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this new color is proof positive that Scion/Toyota intended to attract more "grown-ups" with the new mainstream xB.

No focus group, no survey, no market research anywhere on planet Earth shows that young people like teal as a car color.

And yes, I would agree that it's the worst Scion color to date, including the RS models.

-THE DON
Old 03-10-2008, 07:54 PM

What? That really hurts my feeling man! Hahaha! Somehow I couldn't agree with the idea the worst color... A lot of people compliments the color of my car which is HTM! Young and old, man or woman! I still get the same compliments from them... They love the color! They are showing some love for the HTM! I must admit, I didn't like the color at first, I was thinking about getting a super white or nautical blue. My mother pushed me to get HTM because its a unique color, like every scion cars are. The color grown in me and everytime, those people say that they love it, I feel happy cause I now I made the right choice of color!

Like what they say, It's a matter of taste... But I think this color is a tasteful color made for tastefully engineered car...
Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ayieh29
What? That really hurts my feeling man! Hahaha! Somehow I couldn't agree with the idea the worst color... A lot of people compliments the color of my car which is HTM! Young and old, man or woman! I still get the same compliments from them... They love the color! They are showing some love for the HTM! I must admit, I didn't like the color at first, I was thinking about getting a super white or nautical blue. My mother pushed me to get HTM because its a unique color, like every scion cars are. The color grown in me and everytime, those people say that they love it, I feel happy cause I now I made the right choice of color!

Like what they say, It's a matter of taste... But I think this color is a tasteful color made for tastefully engineered car...

Hahah the same exact scenario happened to me. I got my scion xb2 as my first car at 18 years old. I wanted black but my mother didn't allow me to get any "dark" colors because she thought it's too dangerous at night to drive. I didn't want silver or white because I thought they were too boring, so I ended up choosing hypnotic teal mica. At first I wasn't happy with the color but they I got use to it and now i think it looks great!!!!!

So if you have a problem with Hypnotic Teal Mica here!

HAHA JUST KIDDING !_!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 1st 08 xB I saw was at the Chicago Auto Show in Feb, 07. What drew me to it was the Teal color. I thought, Wow, that's different. The last time I saw that color on a car was an early '60's VW. Then I noticed it was the new xB. I sat in an '06 model and generally became hooked. Bought my teal model exactly a year later.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ayieh29

The Don...is just an angry man who hates the xB2..and unless they change the xB2's shape back to the orignal nothing will please him...

-wC

oh and HTM is not my cup of tea but to each their own
Old 03-12-2008, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WheelSee
The Don...is just an angry man who hates the xB2..and unless they change the xB2's shape back to the orignal nothing will please him...

-wC
Wrong.

I like it in white or black, and I actually think the RS5 Gold is pretty nice.

But, teal??? C'mon, teal?? Rather than bash me, why don't you address what I said. No young people would ever say, "how about a nice teal color" when designing a car. Scion is supposed to be for young people right? So where did they come up with teal?

-THE DON
Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I stand corrected then...glad I got one of the approved colors ;)

I dunno I think the teal is modeled after Hynoptic the drink...hence the name...but yeah not my cup of tea...I wanted the Nautical Blue...but settled for Black and dont regret it...

-wC
Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha, I've seen one on the freeway, I tried to wave at the driver but he hella passed me.

IMO the ugliest xB2 color is silver, this ons is actually pretty good.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's the only color worth getting honestly. All the other colors are boring as hell. They really skimped on the color choices for the new xBs. the tC had a least a few non-white, non-blacks to choose from.

i can't believe how many compliments I get from the various dealers when I have it there for this that or the other. Just like "damn, that's a nice color"

(wishes I had white) LOL.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was going to get HTM until I saw Blackberry crush. I think it looks good. But when I saw the metallic and depth of blackberry crush I was hooked.

It's not like it's the teal color that was the fad in the '90's. You know, the color GM plastered on all of their cars. It's a much better color.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON
...Rather than bash me, why don't you address what I said....

-THE DON
ok, try this - color choice is completely subjective. if needed have someone explain what
that means. trying to argue that one color is "better" than another makes you a idiot.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We waited for the RS to arrive before making a choice. We went to a dealer with lots of XB2s on the lot. I showed my wife, my daughter and her friend and told them to pick between Gold and Teal. My wife's first choice is dark blue but liked Teal over Gold. Daughter preferred Teal. Her friend liked Gold because she thought it would stick out more and she is into being noticed I would have preferred a Dark Orange or Bright Red or odd Blue or Purple for the RS. Not a gold fan. The winner is Teal .........
Old 03-17-2008, 04:12 AM

Default Re: 2008 Hypnotic Teal

Originally Posted by Archngl
Ugliest Color ever?

Discuss.
Uh, douchebag.

I get SOOOOOO many compliments for my HTM, plus it doesn't show dirt and looks great with the font windows tinted to match the backs.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by insaneintenti0n
it's the only color worth getting honestly. All the other colors are boring as hell. They really skimped on the color choices for the new xBs. the tC had a least a few non-white, non-blacks to choose from.

i can't believe how many compliments I get from the various dealers when I have it there for this that or the other. Just like "damn, that's a nice color"

(wishes I had white) LOL.

Thank God someone agrees with me.

Look you guys

Silver= common= boring
White=boring=boring=gets dirty=milk truck
Black=paint looks ____ty....not that i don't like the color black, it was going to be my original color but scion did a bad job with "paint quality"
Blue= ehhh alright
Blueberry Crush= I wanted this color but my parents wouldn't let me because its too dark at night and my mom thinks its too dangerous.
Gold= I would have gotten it but I got my car 9 months ago

so the final choice was Hypnotic since its so unique
Old 03-17-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I pick up my car on Friday and it will be teal. The only colors I like for XB1 were the RS colors. For XB2, I did not like the gold and the other colors to me were nothing special. At least the teal is a little different plus its my daughter's favorite color and that should be enough right there.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 PM

The Teal has grown on me alot since I first saw it. I hated it, it was the color to the one I test drove. But now, when I see it, it kinda makes me think I should have got that instead....
Old 03-19-2008, 06:57 PM
SL Member

I think it's pretty cool, definately different and I would definately sport the Teal Mica before the Gold rush Mica for the 08 Release xB!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON

No young people would ever say, "how about a nice teal color" when designing a car. Scion is supposed to be for young people right? So where did they come up with teal?

-THE DON
No young people? Ok, this isn't an english class so I'll move on, but not 1 young person on the entire planet would ever ask that question. WOW, I'm interested in how you got THAT tid bit of information.

Second, your comment that Scion is supposed to be for young people is just plain stupid. So if an older people (scratch that, person) would like to get a Scion, he/she can't because it's SUPPOSE to be for young people.

Well woopdie dooo... I guess the question is, how young is young? I wonder if I'm suppose to drive my car or not since I'm going to be 30 this year.

Damn, life's unfair sometimes....

Quick Reply: 2008 Hypnotic Teal