Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2008 xB not availible until August?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2008 xB not availible until August?

I went to my local Scion dealer yesterday to put down a deposit on a new xB...but I am probably going to have to order one to get it the way I want.

Anyway, I asked if they knew anything on pricing or mileage, and of course, they didn't.

I also asked about when they would be available, and the sales manager told me that a Scion Corporate rep had been there 2 days before and said they would not be arriving until AUGUST!!

Now, I have been lurking for a while, and everything I have seen here and in official documentation says May 2007 (supposedly May 15th official launch), with rumors of a few being available as early as April 15th. This would lead me to believe the Sales Manager was full of crap...but I cannot think of any possible reason for him to lie.

I am waiting on one of these as a daily driver (race set-up Fiero is not kind to the kidneys day-to-day) and want one ASAP!

I just realized that today is April Fool's day. This is not a joke. I went to Day Scion in West Mifflin, PA, their phone number is (412)469-3000. I cannot remember the manager's name, but there cannot be very many sales managers. The salesman I spoke with (and was there when the manager mentioned the date) is named Cody.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:23 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

supposed to be released around the May time frame... who knows if there's any stupid delays for reaching the east coast... doubt it..

but that manager may have misheard something... the xD was projected to be released in August.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

^^^^ exactly ... probably a miss understanding as the xD was slated for some time now to be out in August of 07 ... its the new box they are having a hard time nailing down a release date.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone has said may, your dealer is just a little out of the loop.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your local neighborhood dealer is usually not the best place for Scion or any other info. Scionlife is the guru's mountaintop retreat.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The salesman said that they usually have a training meeting about a month before a new model is released, and that they have not yet had the meeting for the xB. This doesn't really mean anything yet, as the official release is 1.5 months away, except that the rumors about the limited April 15th release are probably BS. He also told me that I can order one about 3 weeks before release, even if I am not sure, because even if I order it and decide not to buy it, it will sell the next day....didn't even want a deposit. Woot!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want the skinny on the new B, sign up for scion backstage here:

http://www.scionbackstage.com

It's a free event open to the public where you will get to drive the new B among other things. Password is ROADIE.

And just to show you how ill informed that dude is, back stage is the launch training for the new B, the big difference this time is that the dealers will learn alongside the customers.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok.....I signed up for the Pittsburgh area event a week ago, it is June 14th...if this area's event is in the middle of June, how will they sell the cars beginning in May?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:15 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

why not?

sell the cars.. and then have cooool event for people to learn about the vehicle.

so some places are lucky enough to have the event prior to release... that's all.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everything I have seen and heard has said May as well.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 2008 xB not availible until August?

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman
I went to my local Scion dealer yesterday to put down a deposit on a new xB...but I am probably going to have to order one to get it the way I want.

Anyway, I asked if they knew anything on pricing or mileage, and of course, they didn't.

I also asked about when they would be available, and the sales manager told me that a Scion Corporate rep had been there 2 days before and said they would not be arriving until AUGUST!!

Now, I have been lurking for a while, and everything I have seen here and in official documentation says May 2007 (supposedly May 15th official launch), with rumors of a few being available as early as April 15th. This would lead me to believe the Sales Manager was full of crap...but I cannot think of any possible reason for him to lie.

<text deleted>
That sentence gave away your April Fool's joke!

If it wasn't a joke, just what vehicle was he trying to sell you on?

The local Scion dealer I am dealing with (there are 4 here to choose from) had no idea that there was not a 2007 xB, so not exactly surprising that we had to tell them about the new xB. They called Scion corporate and got NO info on the new xB and said if anyone was giving out dates, they were just guesses.

The rumored release date of the xD is August - September, so, given benefit if the doubt, maybe that is what they were thinking of?

Disclaimer: This poster has extremely limited trust in any car dealer / salesman.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am shopping for the new xB. The reason I asked how they could have the event after the first units arrived is this:

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
And just to show you how ill informed that dude is, back stage is the launch training for the new B, the big difference this time is that the dealers will learn alongside the customers.
So, if the dealers are learning with the customers, how are the dealers supposed to sell to the customers as much as a month beforehand?

Everything I have seen is May as well, and I want it to be May, and I think the sales manager was just thinking about the xD, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the replies.

FYI, I was speaking to the dealer on March 31st, not April 1st.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I figured since the new design was so ugly (PT Cruiser has baby with HHR) that they might think the cars have some disease and they are holding them in quarantine in port an extra three months just to be safe.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Haters GO HOME

Why don't you complain in another thread? Ohh, that’s right, you, or one of the other haters did.

I am so sick of this, I am new to this forum and I can barely stand to read it. If you don't like the car, mention it in one of the threads where people are polling about who likes or dislikes the car.

I have never seen ANY forum where there was such a dedicated smear campaign AGAINST the forum subject. Lots of people don’t like the new design, but there are just a few people who feel it necessary to post in just about every thread about how terrible the new car is, trying to convince others to hate it too. Why? Why do you even care? You aren’t going to buy one, so why do you care what other people do? I it is like the Christian Crusades to the holy land, trying to bring Christianity to the Middle East. Why do you care what others think about something that is entirely SUBJECTIVE? (Like or dislike of exterior design) I absolutely hate center gauges. The new xB is better, but it is still the biggest downside to the car…FOR ME. What the haters are doing is tantamount to me going around to every thread…the one on wheels, the one on colors, the polls, everything, and posting about how LAME center gauges are. Does it have ANYTHING to do with the subject? Even a little? NO!!!

I didn’t even register here for weeks because I could not take the complaining about something that MANY people LIKE and WILL NOT be CHANGED. I only registered because I felt I had a couple of legitimate concerns, and they have been addressed by several responsible members.

People keep posting the same stupid silhouette comparison with a Chevy Venture or saying it looks like a minivan. Ok…listen closely…IT IS A 2 BOX DESIGN!!! A rounded 2-box design looks like a minivan or an SUV. The difference? The SUVs have a high, fairly flat nose and minivans have a sloped nose. The xA looked like a mini-minivan. The xD looks like a mini-minivan. The new xB looks less like a minivan than the xA or the xD. The original xB didn’t look like one because of its sharp edges, but if you smoothed it even slightly, it would look like a minivan.

I even went to another 2008 xB forum to see if they had any other/useful information…and what do I find? The SAME people complaining about the SAME THINGS posting the SAME PICS.

I am sorry if you don’t like the new xB. It might grow on you, or you might hate it forever. But please, we all know you don’t like it, and we obviously wouldn’t be asking about release dates and mileage if we agreed with you, so please, keep your negative, off-topic posts to yourself. It is really getting ridiculous.

I am sorry to rant for so long, especially being such a new member, but the haters are ruining this forum. You can’t make a thread without one of them butting in and posting something off topic.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

^ x2
Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, if the dealers are learning with the customers, how are the dealers supposed to sell to the customers as much as a month beforehand?
There is plenty of info for dealers and customers alike at the moment, the only thing we lack is price and MPG. This is a hands on event, and there may be people there that have deposits on NG xB's at the show, and there will definitely be a lot more deposits being placed shortly after the events.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: Haters GO HOME

Grow up...anyone is free to crack a joke on this site whenever they want. If you are that thin-skinned then don't log on.

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman
Why don't you complain in another thread? Ohh, that’s right, you, or one of the other haters did.

I am so sick of this, I am new to this forum and I can barely stand to read it. If you don't like the car, mention it in one of the threads where people are polling about who likes or dislikes the car.

I have never seen ANY forum where there was such a dedicated smear campaign AGAINST the forum subject. Lots of people don’t like the new design, but there are just a few people who feel it necessary to post in just about every thread about how terrible the new car is, trying to convince others to hate it too. Why? Why do you even care? You aren’t going to buy one, so why do you care what other people do? I it is like the Christian Crusades to the holy land, trying to bring Christianity to the Middle East. Why do you care what others think about something that is entirely SUBJECTIVE? (Like or dislike of exterior design) I absolutely hate center gauges. The new xB is better, but it is still the biggest downside to the car…FOR ME. What the haters are doing is tantamount to me going around to every thread…the one on wheels, the one on colors, the polls, everything, and posting about how LAME center gauges are. Does it have ANYTHING to do with the subject? Even a little? NO!!!

I didn’t even register here for weeks because I could not take the complaining about something that MANY people LIKE and WILL NOT be CHANGED. I only registered because I felt I had a couple of legitimate concerns, and they have been addressed by several responsible members.

People keep posting the same stupid silhouette comparison with a Chevy Venture or saying it looks like a minivan. Ok…listen closely…IT IS A 2 BOX DESIGN!!! A rounded 2-box design looks like a minivan or an SUV. The difference? The SUVs have a high, fairly flat nose and minivans have a sloped nose. The xA looked like a mini-minivan. The xD looks like a mini-minivan. The new xB looks less like a minivan than the xA or the xD. The original xB didn’t look like one because of its sharp edges, but if you smoothed it even slightly, it would look like a minivan.

I even went to another 2008 xB forum to see if they had any other/useful information…and what do I find? The SAME people complaining about the SAME THINGS posting the SAME PICS.

I am sorry if you don’t like the new xB. It might grow on you, or you might hate it forever. But please, we all know you don’t like it, and we obviously wouldn’t be asking about release dates and mileage if we agreed with you, so please, keep your negative, off-topic posts to yourself. It is really getting ridiculous.

I am sorry to rant for so long, especially being such a new member, but the haters are ruining this forum. You can’t make a thread without one of them butting in and posting something off topic.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Haters GO HOME

Originally Posted by ggguy77
Grow up...anyone is free to crack a joke on this site whenever they want. If you are that thin-skinned then don't log on.
Actually, they can't. Check out the board rules...remember those check boxes you had to fill in when you joined up? Something about being on topic or something like that...gee..musta slipped your mind.

Anyway, thanks for the continuing info, ScionofPCFL.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of the major keys to jokes and comedy in general is the concept of timing. An equally important, but often overlooked talent is to know when a joke has simply run it's course. At that point, the humor goes away irritation sets in and festers.

IOW, it's time to put the haterade down, and either ignore info about the NG xB, or accept it and move on. Otherwise, you run the risk of giving off the impression of being a spoiled brat that didn't get his way.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
One of the major keys to jokes and comedy in general is the concept of timing. An equally important, but often overlooked talent is to know when a joke has simply run it's course. At that point, the humor goes away irritation sets in and festers.

IOW, it's time to put the haterade down, and either ignore info about the NG xB, or accept it and move on. Otherwise, you run the risk of giving off the impression of being a spoiled brat that didn't get his way.
Well said. I wish I had just said something like that to begin with, kudos for a well-thought out and mature reply.

Seriously though, I love the new xB and will be ordering one ASAP. Make mine NBM with the 5-speed and good radio.

Quick Reply: 2008 xB not availible until August?