Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2nd-Gen placed 2nd at NOPI

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:04 AM
SL Member

Default 2nd-Gen placed 2nd at NOPI

I placed 2nd at NOPI Nationals. I have only had the car for three weeks so it is nice to take home a trophie for the first show, especially NOPI!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

What Nopi was it? Did they have seperate classes for xB,xA.tC and xB2s? If not, how many Scions did you compete against? Props for the win!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NOPI in Epping, NH @ New England Dragway...

Heard the judging was whack, and not that many Scions were there. Thats obvious since a practically stock xB2 with unpainted kit took home 2nd.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Didn't notice the unpainted kit. Is the kit CF I hope?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the stripe (vinyl?). Those 19"s?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:28 AM
SL Member

I was going to ask about the kit myself but I didn't want to discount your win. Good job on the win. But, the question does need to be asked. Is the kit unpainted or carbon fiber? If it's unpainted then it's just stupid they would award a 2nd place finish. If it's carbon or if it's meant to be black, then I'm sorry I'm just not feeling it.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM
SL Member

It is actually a 5-axis lip kit. I have only had the car for three weeks and the kit only came in a couple of days before the show ( it was suppossed to be in a lot earlier). Yes those are 19" wheels and no the kit was not painted due to the fact it came in so late. Based on the pics, I know it seems like it is stock, but there is actually $15,000 in the car already. There was quite a few tC's but only a couple of xA's and xB's. Not to mention, I had the only 2nd-Gen. And yaeh they judged all the Scions seperate from each other. I sorry you guys aren't feeling it, but it does look a lot nicer in person, oh well.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM
SL Member

i think it looks great.. minus the stipe thats the only thing i dont like.. but major props for the car so far man. who really cares if the kit isnt white yet.. sick ride and sick kit even. Only had mine a week.. but you've got me beat bad so far lol
Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc1stgen
but there is actually $15,000 in the car already.
It looks nice and all but other than the wheels,body kit, nav and audio visual. Where is the other $10 K ? Not trying to be a jerk but "Show Me The Money"!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks nice but i dont see $15k either
Old 08-06-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
Originally Posted by tc1stgen
but there is actually $15,000 in the car already.
It looks nice and all but other than the wheels,body kit, nav and audio visual. Where is the other $10 K ? Not trying to be a jerk but "Show Me The Money"!!!
Well... looking at his mods list, everything looks dealer installed.

Audio Mods
Scion Navigation, 2 7" Screens in Headrests
Body Mods
Carbon Fiber Window Trim, Spoiler, Grill Enhancement
Power Mods
TRD Exhaust
Suspension Mods
TRD Lowering Springs, TRD Strut Tie Bar, TRD Rear Sway Bar
Wheel and Tire
19" TRD Wheels

So: Nav - 1,950, Screens - 1,600, CF window trim - 300, Bumper applique (not listed, but noticed in pics) - 70, (not sure what the grille enhancement is), Spoiler - 423, TRD springs - 250, TRD exhaust - 490, TRD sway bar - 250, TRD strut bar - 245, TRD wheel package - 2,150, Five Axis lip kit - 1,500

That's just about 10 grand right there... I'm willing to bet that the dealer installed most, if not all of that, so I can see where the 15k comes from... shame really, that's a lot of bank for stuff that could've been sourced and installed elsewhere.

Either way, grats on the win.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Thanks for the break down Ian. Now it makes sense. Only problem is he missed out on the fun of finding the parts for less and installing them himself. He could have prolly saved 6-7K plus had hours of fun. Not to mention all the interest being paid on mods.

Personally I couldn't spend that much right off the bat. To me, that 15K is another xB2 or xD. I'd rather have two vehicles than 1 loaded one. Then mod both over time. To each their own I guess?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a dealer car anyhow... which is why its got all the dealer parts...
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
SL Member

Yeah you guys have to remember, this is not my personal car. I didn't buy it, I don't make payments, and I definately didn't buy the parts. All that financial stuff falls on the dealer. My job was just to dress it up. They want it too look as nice as it can and money really isn't a problem. I work for a multi-billion dollar company. $15K is pocket change for them. And your right these are all dealer installed accessories, so of course they are going to be more expensive. You all know that. I have to dress up the car with what is available at the dealer so people can see what it looks like installed, so that they will want to buy it. Now that this is all on here, I can expand and get more aftermarket stuff. But not for nothing it is not my money and they don't care, so why should I worry about nickling and diming. I don't have a budget to worry about. That why I say it isn't all that bad spending someone elses money. And yes it is more fun to find parts cheaper and install them myself, but that is what my car is for. This is just a side project that I get paid for!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
SL Member

Oh man, please don't take what I say as me not liking it. I actually think it looks great. I wasn't feeling it if you were going to leave the body kit unpainted or black for some reason. Knowing that the only reason it wasn't painted was because of time, I'm sure it's going to look great when it's done.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Now it makes sense. You had me worried there that you went and financed 32+K. On a side note... How do they expect to sell that thing when it's done doing the show duty? I've seen it done before and they always end up taking a loss to unload it. Guess it'd be a business write off. ha ha
Old 08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Is it just me or do those 19's look extreemly small on the xB2. Must be because it has grown so much over the xB. I wonder if 22s will fit on the 2nd gen???
Old 08-06-2007, 06:25 PM
SL Member

Yeah it is ok have pretty thick skin so you are not offending me. Well the idea in all this is to generate more business for the dealership so hopefully when it comes time to sell it, the loss that they take will be made up from the business generated. But yeah the 19's do look small on the car. It would probally look a little better dropped a bit more. But don't worry, the kit will be getting painted, I promise!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yea, 20s are pretty much the minimum wheel size for the xB2. It's kinda sick, really. I see no reason why 22s wouldn't fit.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats

Quick Reply: 2nd-Gen placed 2nd at NOPI