Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Another mod done -- and I'm really loving my xB2 :)!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Another mod done -- and I'm really loving my xB2 :)!

The last mod I had on my list was installing the trailer hitch wiring harness, and I really miss having something else planned, but darn, I'm seriously loving my xB2. It's just about as exactly right as I could hope for without a crazy budget -- designed around my wants, not somebody elses ! Reminds me of the Scion promotion theme of the blank canvas -- make it your own via the palette of options/accessories/mods you choose. Anybody else feel similarly ?

Last edited by TrevorS; 07-26-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: People misunderstanding the intent of my post :(!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Idk man...after a trailer hitch wiring harness, what else is there? Pretty hardcore.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

.....Easy tiger....Decals, Lights, & Interior stuff seems to be the cheapest modz you can do and plan on a tight budget....what are ya towing with that hitch?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No no no...what is it with the scion community and bad mods. Its like the honda scene in the late 90's around here sometimes and I dont care if it ____es some of you off. Custom and cool do not come from pep boys!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Dude dont be a dick... Just becuase he's not calling you up every morning and asking you what he should do next doesn't mean you should jump on his thread and demean the things that he's excited about. If you hate it so much why dont you just go. Problem solved
Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Wow... This forum has changed a lot in the last couple of years...
Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats why sometimes I am ashame to be associated with ScionLife. I just think he ment to say that after a million mods, the last thing he did was to add a hitch...now it's like what else to do...he has more mods than just a hitch.

Keep mod-in, make it your own. as long as you are in love with it, nothing else should matters...
Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I could list all the things I was thinking about, but it would probably get me banned. I was generally complaining about everything; all of it, not taking any sides at all in this particular thread. But I think I should probably keep my mouth shut.

And not to hijack, but the news.worthy portion on the front page has been the same for about half a year or so. . . I remember when that thing was alive and their were updates everyday.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I just cant stand it when somebody talks down to somebody about their car regardless of how it looks. People take a lot of pride in the things they build and they dont need to conform to somebodies standard of what a "Custom or Cool" car is. If he loves his car then let him go right ahead and keep loving it...I dont in the smallest way understand the needs of others to bring people down when they're happy about something.

I dont regret my statement at all and I doubt Ricersux does either but I truley feel that our forum would be a better place without that kind of attitude.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hoo-boy ! Seems like there was a major misunderstanding of my opening post. What I did was mention my last mod and shared how I felt about the car. "Anybody else?" was intended to ask if any others felt similarly about their cars !

PS. Just edited the title and first post to hopefully avoid any further misunderstanding !

Last edited by TrevorS; 07-26-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: added PS.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My opinion...which is my opinion and not everyones is that throwing mods on a car just to be throwing mods at it is not productive and hurts...yes I said hurts the image of the entire import community. To me there IS a right and wrong way to build any car. Sorry if that offends you but thats how it is in ALL custom motorsports (hot rods, muscle cars, choppers, bobbers, imports etc) all of them have a certain way mods are performed, brands used etc. If you want to spend your money on whatever then so be it but dont expect to not get some critcism from people. There only seems to be a dozen or two scions in the entire scene that get it...but again thats my opinion and those of major blogs/sites/magazines plus some here that just dont want to speak up.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

There is a difference between critiquing and just being harsh to be harsh. Im sorry if you feel that you absolute opinion needs to be heard but there is also deviation from the norm... How do you think all these right ways to build this or that exist...

Really thats all I have to say about this if you feel like debating about this more fill free to PM I love a good friendly clash of opinions.

Getting back on topic!

@Trevor I agree, Im happy with my car its just how I pictured it from the get go although I constantly am changing it I love the car to death now If I could just get the cops to love it to death then I could drive it without getting pulled over every five seconds lol.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

woow. Internet tough guys are the coolest.

Trevor, I'm about to do some tests with a strut tower bar to see if it will really enhance anything or not. If it proves to do anything worthwhile, Ill let you know!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again its just my opinion. No disrespect intended. Do what you want...I did and I'm happy with my car too!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ricersux
My opinion...which is my opinion and not everyones is that throwing mods on a car just to be throwing mods at it is not productive and hurts...yes I said hurts the image of the entire import community. To me there IS a right and wrong way to build any car. Sorry if that offends you but thats how it is in ALL custom motorsports (hot rods, muscle cars, choppers, bobbers, imports etc) all of them have a certain way mods are performed, brands used etc. If you want to spend your money on whatever then so be it but dont expect to not get some critcism from people. There only seems to be a dozen or two scions in the entire scene that get it...but again thats my opinion and those of major blogs/sites/magazines plus some here that just dont want to speak up.
I'm confused, are you saying someone on this thread is throwing mods at their car just for the sake of throwing mods at their car? Are you saying that's what I'm doing because I wanted the ability to tow? I'm just trying to understand what contribution you're trying to make with your posts?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shadezz
....Decals, Lights, & Interior stuff seems to be the cheapest modz....
This is what I was venting about...its built up from what ive seen at shows and what has even won awards at some shows this year...sorry for it coming out in your thread
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Somebody please pass the popcorn...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pasquale
@Trevor I agree, Im happy with my car its just how I pictured it from the get go although I constantly am changing it I love the car to death now If I could just get the cops to love it to death then I could drive it without getting pulled over every five seconds lol.
Mine has been a gradual evolution and I went for near six months without any ideas engaging me. But then I got going under-the-hood and am really happy with how that worked out !

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
woow. Internet tough guys are the coolest.

Trevor, I'm about to do some tests with a strut tower bar to see if it will really enhance anything or not. If it proves to do anything worthwhile, Ill let you know!
Sounds good and looking forward to your results! At worst, its cost still makes it a reasonable experiment ! I'll never be sure that expensive "S"-Pipe was an especially good move, but it should definitely be safer for wrapping than the OE .
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Back OT.

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Anybody else feel similarly ?
I feel the same way, I love my xB2! I still do the double-take, locking it a few times while I walk away, and driving next to glass-covered building entrances so I can look at the reflection.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ricersux
This is what I was venting about...its built up from what ive seen at shows and what has even won awards at some shows this year...sorry for it coming out in your thread
Cool -- I feel the best mods are tasteful, and where appropriate, functional. Complication being taste varies with people !

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Somebody please pass the popcorn...
Sounds good, but please go easy on the butter and salt, I try to watch my diet !

Quick Reply: Another mod done -- and I'm really loving my xB2 :)!