Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Anyone Track Their Xbs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone Track Their Xbs?

Now before you say anything about not looking, I was talking about like regular tracks that has turns and whatnot, not the drag tracks. I saw a few already about drag times but I was wondering how it handles on turns and stuff if you really try to push it.

Another thing is that I know that it may be weird to some who track their cars but I know there are a few out there. I've tracked my 05 civic (not really the car to look for good speed) because it was the only car I had and I wanted to try driving on a track. I was thinking about the same with the XB but was wondering how it would handle. The shape and weight is completely different from the civic (although I did have tein coils on my civic) so I was wondering if the turns could be taken without thinking I'd flip or some crap.

(For anyone who lives in the LA county area, the track I am talking about is the Adams Race Track. )
Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

what about the other "track"....as in I tracked my car's shipment from Japan to here.

when I bought my xB1 every few days I went to the dealer to get an update and the sales rep loaded the tracking on the computer for me (I was the first xB sold at his store, and the first RS-1 in Miami). We were both excited!

I got to see the day it got loaded onto the boat, the day it arrived in Jacksonville and unloaded, the day it was being prepped, and the day it was being shipped down to Miami.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:36 AM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Macpherson struts + torsion beam = not a good combo for track. Plus the height and 3,000+ lb curb weight dont help either. The xb2 is a good a to b commuter and can be made to look really sharp, but handling is not its strong point.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would beg to differ. I think the xb with some decent mods could handle very well. I.E. Brakes, coilovers, make lighter, etc... I had a 3000gt before this car yes obviously different and to push the car for significant time is not a good idea with stock suspension and brakes, but there is a few turns I have around my house and the XB keeps up with entry and exit speeds just as well as my old 3000gt. But don't take this as a great idea to go through your car on teh track without some work. First thing I would do is brakes and suspension and of course wheels and tires make a huge difference. I think you could have a really un little track car on a tight course.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

30000gt? geezus that things a tank lol
jk jk
the xb would have serious body roll!!!!! ive never seen one whip around a corner on a track should be interesting to see.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeh i knew it isn't an ideal track car, but well its all I have and I miss visiting the track. Don't intend on setting any records lol but just wanted to drive in it. Oh wells, well thanks for the input, considering one was more of a flame lol.

Well i know stock would give it sick body roll speedy but I was hoping that maybe coilovers and sway bars could help it out a little and let it be able to survive a corner lol
Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

the xb2 is not too bad i canyon drive my car 5days a week to and from work and when no slow cars infront i take them pretty quick and feels not too bad, not saying is as good like evo etc, but is fun
have hotchkis sways, springs and tockico shocks struts, tanabe strut and 18" rims with 225-40-18 goodyear eagle gt tires dead after 20k miles haha
plan to upgrade to coilovers soon
Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ruztiko
yeh i knew it isn't an ideal track car, but well its all I have and I miss visiting the track. Don't intend on setting any records lol but just wanted to drive in it. Oh wells, well thanks for the input, considering one was more of a flame lol.

Well i know stock would give it sick body roll speedy but I was hoping that maybe coilovers and sway bars could help it out a little and let it be able to survive a corner lol
Coilovers and sway bars will make a huge difference and much more fun in the corners. I have trd shocks/springs/rear sway bar and it made the xb2 a much more tossable vehicle.

Not trying to discourage you, its just Ive owned 90s integras/civics and its no match against a front/rear double wishbone suspension.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by speedy000
30000gt? geezus that things a tank lol
jk jk
the xb would have serious body roll!!!!! ive never seen one whip around a corner on a track should be interesting to see.
haha yea the vr-4 is pretty big. I had the base model FWD. I had the weight of mine down to 2771. That thing handled like a dream after I did all my work.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
Coilovers and sway bars will make a huge difference and much more fun in the corners. I have trd shocks/springs/rear sway bar and it made the xb2 a much more tossable vehicle.

Not trying to discourage you, its just Ive owned 90s integras/civics and its no match against a front/rear double wishbone suspension.
I agree 100% Even with my past statements I would never track my xb. It could be kinda fun, but I think the low hp and solid axel would just make it little blah over time. I am not a fan of our axels thats why it upsets me when I hear that mustangs a supposed sports car doesn't have a wishbone setup. I don't understand how ford can feel good about that.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

^ they've found a way to make their solid rear axel in the 2011 Mustang GT to handle very well. And the 2012 Boss 302 is a beast around the track!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 AM

I plan on trying mine this summer ( AT tranny ..woot! loll)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least take it to Willow Springs or Buttonwillow, Adams is just a go kart track.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it was only $25 and it was closer lol XD