Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Finally Some Real Color Pics. Xb and Xd 56k warning

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

I told all yall <lol> that the hopped up new B and the xD look better then the stock pics that were release last night. I so love that orange/yellow color on the xB2 ... but its not slated for production. Whats up with Scion picking that Hypnotic Teal? More like Nautious Teal. Uner the house lighting it looks just so bland ... and grey. Almost like a shark skin grey. Ok, thats one mystery color down, one more to go ( Blackberry ).

Did yall see that new 5 Axis xD? Now thats what im talking about. BTW .. according to Mr. Templin, both of those hooked up cars can be fitted from the factory with all those options, including the dual quad exhaust on the new xB2.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

The more I see them, the more I hate them. That teal one is hideous. The front end looks really strange and let's not forget that it's essentially an HHR.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member

Is it just me or does the new xB looke ALOT shorter??
All these people are all bent over to look into it. Am I crazy?

I mean, I know I'm just barely tall enough to reach the pedals...but sheesh, are all these people freakishly tall?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by expertwork

I mean, I know I'm just barely tall enough to reach the pedals...but sheesh, are all these people freakishly tall?
It does seem shorter. It looks like they've gone with a cropped look up top, which likely affected the height. Say goodbye to headroom.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm

It does seem shorter. It looks like they've gone with a cropped look up top, which likely affected the height. Say goodbye to headroom.
I duno about you, but i'm 5'8 and when i sit i've got about a foot---foot and a half ABOVE my head, so unless you're 7' tall, i'm sure the headroom will still be plentiful.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:49 PM

Even more disappointed with the xB2. I can't believe it! It's like they got some ideas (LOOK AT T2B!)...But they don't have the guts to do the real deal. And, that's surprising cos I thought that's the Brand supposed to give the young crowd something different. Something unique and hip. If they wanna attract the family crowd, then let Toyota swallow back the whole Scion idea. I bet later it'd be like Ford - Mercury - Lincoln. What are the big differences, other than price????

What's next? Are they gonna disguise a Camry Coupe and call that FUSE?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by ncman
Even more disappointed with the xB2. I can't believe it! It's like they got some ideas (LOOK AT T2B!)...But they don't have the guts to do the real deal. And, that's surprising cos I thought that's the Brand supposed to give the young crowd something different. Something unique and hip. If they wanna attract the family crowd, then let Toyota swallow back the whole Scion idea. I bet later it'd be like Ford - Mercury - Lincoln. What are the big differences, other than price????

What's next? Are they gonna disguise a Camry Coupe and call that FUSE?
Price and your forgot badges. Completely interchangeable bodies with different badges.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well the 5axis xD looks hot. I know the new xB could be worse, just dont know how yet.....
Old 02-08-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'd drive that 5Axis xD but still hate the new xB!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

In the press release, it doesn't say anything about HID/Xenon headlights. However, in that Car & Driver article, they talk about it being a feature. Does anybody know if it has HID/Xenon's? Also, anybody know the weight? Thx!

I'm disappointed it doesn't come standard w/a bodykit from the factory like the 1st gen xB. I like the front yet the rear end especially the tail lights remind of a Honda Pilot the first couple years it was out (all red tail lights):

I was looking forward to getting one as a daily driver but now that I've seen pics I'm not so sure. Then again, it might look better in person. Might be going the FJ Cruiser route now. Oh well...
Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdorkx
Originally Posted by burstaneurysm

I duno about you, but i'm 5'8 and when i sit i've got about a foot---foot and a half ABOVE my head, so unless you're 7' tall, i'm sure the headroom will still be plentiful.
I know, I'm 6' and I have plenty as well. I just really liked the cavernous feel of the xB interior. According to the press release the new xB has lost one inch off the top. It shouldn't be that drastic, I'll have to wait until Saturday to make that final judgment.

Right now, I strongly dislike the xB, and yet, the more I see the xD, the more potential I see in it, which is the total opposite to the current models.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

The xD is real hot with the kit and wheels. Only the final price will drive away sales on that model.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I think the xD has way more potential than the xB2, I just don't like it!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want the second gen bB...
Old 02-08-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

From these pictures, I have come to like the xD much more. The yellow xB I like most of, but I will never like the front end.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
From these pictures, I have come to like the xD much more. The yellow xB I like most of, but I will never like the front end.
Yea, each time I see the xD, I can think of more ways to really change the look.
In order to get anywhere with the xB you need a new bumper. That's what is so great about the 1st gen B; it was a blank canvas, you could completely change its appearance for very little money. The new B is going to take some serious cash to change up.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will say though, I love the standard features on both, and the interiors. But i like the xb interior more.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if this is the future of scion im done with them my next car is going to be a 1 series bmw coupe
Old 02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ooh is that the xB from Miami?? These pics are convincing me!! I like both of my new cousins now!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't mind the way the new xB looks, it's shorter off the top, but looks longer, maybe in a couple of years I will be ready to get it. The new xD, on the other hand, looks really really nice. I want to see one and drive both in person sometime, though don't know when that will be.

Quick Reply: Finally Some Real Color Pics. Xb and Xd 56k warning