Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

got rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 PM

Default got rear ended

so some one hit me about two weeks ago and i just got my car back today. There was 5000 worth of damage but the problem is its still not right. the rear doors and hatch are not flush with the body. Anyone got any advice with how i should handle this?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you have the insurance company's body shop fix it? If you did, they are responsible for it, so call them up and tell them the car isn't fixed.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:28 PM

i had it done at the place i bought the car from. I told the guy about the rear doors when i got it this morning and he said to call the insurance guy which i left a message and have not heard anything back from him yet. the body guy basicly said it can not be fixed back to 100% and that thats the best they can do.

I was just wondering if anyone has been though this kinda ____ before. Also anyone know if they would be liable for the deprecation of the value of my car?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What he said about "the best they can do" means you should find a body show that knows what they are doing. I've seen my share of salvaged cars that have been fixed to look just like new, with all seams being perfect after major collisions.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got rearended too the other week

her insurance sent me a check for 1300 dollars.
and said i had a stock exhaust....when i have a custom 2.5 spipe back to a borla duals....

there goin down.

best of luck to you and ur box
Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was rear ended when i had my other x ,My hot lava before my gold rush, and they told me basicaly the same thing.but let me tell you i'm very pickie.i took it back five time until it was perfect,remember they don't want to spend more time on your car kuz they allready got paid they wan't to keep working on the next car which is going to give them more money so don' give up,you paid a lot of monyey for your insurance and you bought a perfect car that's how you want it back.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Could it be that the frame is bent from imopact and you need to find a shop that can do frame straightening!!? not every shop can do this!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the frame is bent fight for a new car!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just take it back and tell them that it isn't repaired until that car is back to the way it was when it was new. if they can't do it, then they need to refer you to a shop that can. there is no excuse for shotty workmanship in a bodyshop. trust me, my car has been hit several times, so has my family's car and ex-gf's car, but we have a fantastic body shop, and all of our cars come back in perfect working order, whether it is a scion, corvette, or even a porsche. so tell them to either fix it or your taking the car elsewhere.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by TonE
i had it done at the place i bought the car from. I told the guy about the rear doors when i got it this morning and he said to call the insurance guy which i left a message and have not heard anything back from him yet. the body guy basicly said it can not be fixed back to 100% and that thats the best they can do.

I was just wondering if anyone has been though this kinda poop before. Also anyone know if they would be liable for the deprecation of the value of my car?
The bodyshop you chose to fix your xb2, were they one of your insurance carrier's "prefered" shops? If they are then call your insurance company and tell them it's not right and they won't fix it properly. If they aren't one of their shops, chances are your insurance company won't be as helpful since you chose your own shop and they'll tell you have to talk with them. Good luck though, raise hell with the manager of the shop if you have to.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you have pictures after the collision? and after the repairs? just curious...
Old 12-05-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by rswscion08
Could it be that the frame is bent from imopact and you need to find a shop that can do frame straightening!!? not every shop can do this!
yes the frame was bent and thats why the doors are off now.

before

After

The more i look at it the worse it gets. Also the hatch rattles and the front windshield like creaks when i go over bumps.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude they did a shiesty job on ur repairs. GET THAT FIXED ASAP if it rains man...
Old 12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that first one under "AFTER" that has the big gap by the tail light looks terrible! I can't believe they would return it to you like that.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

shivers
Old 12-05-2008, 06:05 PM

yeah its going back tonight. the body guy told me that he though it was as good as it could be when i picked it up tough, so i think i might have a fight on my hands.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: got rear ended

Originally Posted by TonE
so some one hit me about two weeks ago and i just got my car back today. There was 5000 worth of damage but the problem is its still not right. the rear doors and hatch are not flush with the body. Anyone got any advice with how i should handle this?
Do you know what the supposed speed of collision was?

I haven't looked inside the rear fascia, but when I had the front off, I was disappointed to see the actual bumper is part of the frame, there're no shock absorbing elements that I could see. I suppose it comes with the price, but I find it hard to believe these cars would withstand a 5mph centered front or rear hit without damage .
Old 12-07-2008, 01:42 AM

im not sure but im guessing around 50. the car did well as far as taking the hit. It was at an on ramp and i normally go between 55-65 myself.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to be honest I wouldnt have accepted it that way, it wouldnt have left the yard. And I would have been on the phone with the BB. And your insurance company. If second time you came in and it still wasnt right would be talking to a manager.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That shop obviously doesn't have a frame straightener, or a contact to handle proper repair work, and isn't qualified to do repairs of the nature your xB required.

Either their insurance company, or yours, should pay to have the proper work done. With the frame still bent, I suspect that your car isn't even safe to be driven on the road for you, or the cars that will be around you.

This is absolutely unacceptable on so many levels that I cannot even begin to rant & rave my thoughts and dissatisfaction on your behalf.

I hate lawsuits, but you need to sue everybody, and let the courts sort this one out. You have been seriously wronged!

Quick Reply: got rear ended