Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Headlight Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Headlight Adjustment

Anyone know how to lower the low beams on the 2008 xb?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Adjustment screws are on the sides of the light by the fenders for the projectors.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turboCoupe
Adjustment screws are on the sides of the light by the fenders for the projectors.
Not on the 08 xB.

Covered here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ght=adjustment
Old 10-07-2007, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

take a second look, I assure you they are there.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just like it shows in the link you posted....
Old 10-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Doesnt the link show them being on the top of the light not the side.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just like it shows in the link you posted....
Whatever genius.

The adjustment screw is at the top center of each light assembly as shown in the pictures I posted in the other thread. Using your finely crafted and obviously well thought out response someone will be looking "on the sides of the light".

While we wait for the next highly mature and useful response from this guy, a tip for bboyer66.

When you locate adjustment screws as described, it is probably obvious that if you turn them one way they go up and the other they go down. What is not so obvious that you should know is that it is a little fragile so take it easy and it does not take much of a turn to adjust it. There are several methods you can use and maybe someone else has a better one they can toss in.

When I adjusted mine I parked on a level parking lot where I could do the adjustment with the lights hitting a wall from about 25 feet away. With the fairly sharp cutoff line of the projectors, I found it useful to actually measure the height of the cutoff line against the wall. If you find later that your adjustment still is not right, the measurement will help you make the next adjustment by giving you a better idea of how much more to adjust it.

Now for the disclaimer. This is fairly easy, but you don't want to get them where you are blinding oncoming drivers. You can always take it and have them professionally adjusted if you have any doubt about doing this.

I did my own because I did not have any luck getting the dealer to account for the mods on the car. They just do it to the published specs or refuse to do it. Neither of those responses fixed my problem.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:55 PM

What did you use as you cutoff line? The PA state inspection manual shows 25' away level with the headlights. Which is 2' 10'' for the 2008 xb. Im thinking of going a little lower so as not to blind people with the hids. Adjusted them last night thanks to your helpful post and I lowered them a tad to much. So will give it a go again tonight.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks more like back left corner on the side by the fender.... but thanks for the sarcasim as I was trying to help someone out. Again thanks for flexing your muscles net mavin. I'm sure you get no respect at the dealership due to your know it all attitude.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow.....
Old 10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks more like back left corner on the side by the fender.... but thanks for the sarcasim as I was trying to help someone out. Again thanks for flexing your muscles net mavin. I'm sure you get no respect at the dealership due to your know it all attitude.
Some people really cannot stand to be wrong. I have to say, with your description of "on the side", I probably would have been LESS likely to find the adjuster than if I had no info going in, considering it can only be accessed from the top.

As an independent third party to this little argument, you are really making yourself look immature.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no argument here just not crazy about the disrespect. if my discription was incomplete I apologize. again just trying to help a fellow member out.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bboyer66
What did you use as you cutoff line? The PA state inspection manual shows 25' away level with the headlights. Which is 2' 10'' for the 2008 xb. Im thinking of going a little lower so as not to blind people with the hids. Adjusted them last night thanks to your helpful post and I lowered them a tad to much. So will give it a go again tonight.
I cannot recall my exact measurement since it was about 2 months ago that I did it. It will vary some from person to person depending on the spot you use to adjust it. The most important thing is to get a reference for the spot you use and be consistently on that spot to enable you to compare measurements.

I lean toward a little lower than normal myself since I have 5000k HIDs. I definitely can see and get absolutely no flashing from other drivers so I'm happy.

I think if you want them as high as possible without problems you can adjust them up in very small increments until they feel right and you are not getting flashed.

Glad to hear that was helpful.