SL Member

Default I Don't understand why Scion is this far down the list

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...alityCars.aspx

Scion is far down the list?????
Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats terrible! They rank lower than Jaguar - now that is crazy!
Old 06-05-2008, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probably because they use terrible paint.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol. I knew I should have gone with a porsche. Damnit.....
Old 06-05-2008, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wutachampion
lol. I knew I should have gone with a porsche. Damnit.....
that is exactly what i thought. why the hell did get this stupid box if i coulda got an audi R8??? woe is me.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

1. Look who did the survey. J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey

2. Between 07 and 08 Scion dropped from 11th to 27th so I'm guessing they found tons of issues with the xD and xB2, which I haven't heard of.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the xb2 being my 1st scion, i would say that for a new car im having more problems then i would like, and with toyota thinking that im imagining things it doesnt make much better.
another thing to consider is that scion doesnt produce more than 3 cars at time compared to the large line ups of the rest of the competition.

bottom line is i was already thinking of trading my car in, this just makes it easier.
looks like i will have a ton of ____ for sell soon......good bye xb2 hello CR-V
Old 06-05-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by bosssadler
well the xb2 being my 1st scion, i would say that for a new car im having more problems then i would like, and with toyota thinking that im imagining things it doesnt make much better.
another thing to consider is that scion doesnt produce more than 3 cars at time compared to the large line ups of the rest of the competition.

bottom line is i was already thinking of trading my car in, this just makes it easier.
looks like i will have a ton of poop for sell soon......good bye xb2 hello CR-V

I own a xb2 as well and I haven't had any problems. What problems are you having?

And by the way, that CRV, can you even turn the wheel with that ??? wouldn't it rip your tire off?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

this is not a surprise to me, I thought I was buying a Toyota quality vehicle, but so far I have had 3 problems. I have a dash rattle that will not go away above the glovebox, there is significant wind noise coming from the drivers side only at highway speeds (something that i did not have on my '07 Nissan Frontier or my '04 Honda Element), and the back seat is loose already. I wish I had never given up my Element...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

back story:
im coming from a 02 V6 mustang, slammed and my 1st modded car, so alot of mistakes were done on this car
problems:
-my car rattles like none other (a-pillar and rest or the interior)
-road noise is horrible
-my brakes are having problems (see thread)
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=221849
-front end shakes hard, not all the time but more then it should, when in stopped traffic
-gas millage is not as good as i thought it would be (a big reason i bought this car)
-Scion didnt even take the wheels of my car when i brought it in to be looked at for the brakes
-toyota had my car for 8 hrs and would not give me a loaner car
-the paint on the car sucks, i painted my 240 in my back yard with spraypaint and it was better then the one on my xb

my complaint is the my 1st actual new car and its falling to pieces faster than my bronco/mustang/240 ever did. And the 240 and the bronco were almost 20yrs older

Dumbledore:
the cr-v fits 24's those are 22's and its bagged, i do get one it will not be modded except for maybe 22's and ill get a project as my tuner car (mr-s/300zx/tiburon), my mind is not completly made up but im about 75% leaning towards trading it in or selling it with all the extras i have lying around
Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I'd assume the CRV is on bags and so yeah they'd be able to turn the wheels, and to be completely honest.... what did you guys expect.... we have a Scion.

The car's made to be cheap and affordable.... of course its not going to rank high up there... the first years it ranked higher because it was a newer car that had a very nice budget minded frame of thought..... now that the editors are over it, lets look at the car for what it is...... and to be completely honest with you..... NO its not gonna be the tightest thing w/ zero problems.... I'll tell you right now.... our xB2 is too loose, part of our inner B-pillar has a huge gap from the window seal, the cigarette lighter mechanism already came out (I just dont use it and keep a phone charger on it permanently). The engine runs a bit hotter than usual, The seats slider suck, Radio could be better, and brakes are jittery and make noise.

Those tests and scores ultimately come down to the actual owners who report these claims. I haven't reported a single thing... i think its justifiable to have some minor things that would need tweaking and I expect it from a car in this price range.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

This is pathetic. Look at the price tag of the vehicle. You guys are expecting to get Lexus quality for the price of a Kia. Morons. You KNOWINGLY purchased a cheap car, it's going to rattle, it's going to have cheap paint, maybe next time you should invest a little more money if you're so **** that you can't stand a vibration noise, which is most likely caused by a wire.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lets see they are cars and have thousands of parts... S*it is gunna break... and i have a feeling that list is not very accurate... Come on Ford being number 8!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Well knock on wood, I haven't had any of those problems. I would be very dissapointed if I had to go through all that.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
This is pathetic. Look at the price tag of the vehicle. You guys are expecting to get Lexus quality for the price of a Kia. Morons. You KNOWINGLY purchased a cheap car, it's going to rattle, it's going to have cheap paint, maybe next time you should invest a little more money if you're so **** that you can't stand a vibration noise, which is most likely caused by a wire.
wow, that was an intelligent reply...

dude, I KNOW i bought a cheap car. But that cheap car was supposedly a Toyota. hyundai's and kia's are coming out with cars with better quality (no rattles, imagine!) AND they are cheaper...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Scion, but this little things are marring my experience.

Also, posts like yours are marring my experience, are people like this really driving Scions? If so, I take the Element community any day...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Go drive a Kia for a year and tell me it's still rattle free.

These tests are for initial quality. The most useless and over rated test out there. It's the first 3 months of ownership, wtf does the first 3 months say about a car? That it has rattles? WOW! Go buy that Hyundai or Kia, which ranks so well in it's first 3 months, then when you hit 60k miles and start having major transmission issues, don't go crying to JD Power because they said the quality was amazing.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The other thing is the first run/year of a new car (whether restyled or completely new) is always still a bit of a testing ground. They haven't discovered all of the potential issues and things pop up. Sometimes the second year of the style there are significant changes to get away from some problems (the 75 rabbit, the 94 protoge) even though the body looks exactly the same.

There is also the chance you got a bum one-sometimes things happen to just one car or a few in a row( like when the best quality guys, ____o and Jeff, were out sick for the day)

Fords fall apart frequently-an independent research company did a study where they found that the reason Ford trucks were the most frequently bought trucks was because they wear out faster than the others and loyal ford owners go out and get another one.

My Dad has a nicer new BMW and in 2 years has had windshield leaking issues, a water pump, some A/C part tha went blammo (and frequently does) and because of the rear camber (that helps cornering) he goes throught tires in like half their life expectancy-so yeah he could complain a lot and he is in fact going to trade it in soon.

I have to admit I though that CRV was photoshopped-it just doesn't look right to me.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tysscion
Also, posts like yours are marring my experience, are people like this really driving Scions? If so, I take the Element community any day...
Good luck with the Honda Crowd... They r just as mean... Coming from a chevy truck and dodge car I am 100% happy with my car... I understand there will be things i dont like about my car, but i can always change them... dont like the audio, so i am changing speakers... thats half the fun of having a car...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
but i would have spent the extra $3k for the cr-v in the beginning to avoid all the problems im having now, i bought the car because i like the style, gas mileage, and i could still mod the car, but having to fix all the problems before i could actually get to the modding is a problem i shouldnt have, if it wasnt my daily driver i probably wouldnt complain as much, but being around its imperfections everyday for 3-4 hrs i spend in my car justs gets me more upset.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Well it sounds like you just got unlucky, I'm on my second Scion and I haven't had anything go wrong with either one that made me want to leave the company. I've even convinced my sister to buy one and I'm in the process of making my parents sell their Jeep for an xB2. Just know that no matter what you buy, you will run into an issue.

Quick Reply: I Don't understand why Scion is this far down the list