Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

I JUST BOUGHT A TC IN NOV, NOW IM LOVING THE NEW XB'S LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I JUST BOUGHT A TC IN NOV, NOW IM LOVING THE NEW XB'S LOL

Hey, I currently own a 2006 Scion TC which I like alot. However, the new xb's are growing on me alot. My question is............is worth it to switch? Should I wait out the 5 years until im done with payments? Should I wait a year? Is it worth trading in? Im confused! Has anybody been in this situation before?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say do it. i'm kinda on the same boat as you but i'm turboing my tC and dont wanna look back! the new xB is very VERY temping to trade in for, but if you havent seriously modded your tC then i say get the new xB. turbo toyota's is making a turbo kit for it and the aftermarket on the new xB is growing like crazy! i really love Blue Bat's overlay's for it, my vote is get a white one...but that's just me
Old 01-18-2008, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oops just read that u just got the tC, sorry, i say dump the tC. we need more xB's!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say stay with the tc and have fun modding
Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would go to a delaer and see what they would give you for a trade in, or see if you can find a used 08 xB(they're scarce) and see if you could come out evenish, you paid more for your tc then the xB so the trade should be pretty strait across and if its not i would stick with the tC
Old 01-18-2008, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you need the extra space inside? I really liked the tC, but I wanted a roomy car after the Fiero.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah you could always go to the dealer and see what they'll give you for your tC and see what your new payments would be like, then decide from there. Or you could try and sell your tC for what you paid for it (downpayment plus whats financed), go pay off the tC with that money, and go buy a xB. Although me thinks that is probably more complicated than it sounds, I've never done it.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The thing about it....I have trashy credit. The last thing I want to do is be up side down
Old 01-18-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ah yeah it wouldn't be wise to get into anymore debt than. I'd say just stick with the tC and make your payments on time every month. If you do that, then in 5 years when it's paid off your credit should be way better and there will be better vehicles out there (well....theoretically lol).
Old 01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dam....I like the tc...but I need more room with my daughter on the way. Sucks!! I was about to get the xb, but my girl has the 04 xb, but recently had to let it go for personal reasons.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a BSP 05 tC as well as a 2008 SW xB. The tC is more fun to drive... for now. I have my springs in, just not installed. Once the strut and sways are in, I think the xB will be my favorite car.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try to sell it private party...you may be able to get a little more than if you trade it, and worst case...you still have a good car
Old 01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The thing about it is that there is no room for my family (2 kids and my wife) we had the 04 xb, but we don't have the xb anymore because of personal reasons. Now its a tight..unsafe place for my kids to be. Do I make sense? I feel the kids are more safer in the xb then in the tc. Am I right?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well on the tc, your kids won't fall out the door (even though the xB has the child safe lock) and they won't be playing with your windows.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My girlfriend has two kids (3 and 7) and they fit just fine in the tC. Yes, it's a hassle to move the seat, but they are comforable I can see wanting a bigger car though.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schmohey
Well on the tc, your kids won't fall out the door (even though the xB has the child safe lock) and they won't be playing with your windows.
Haha, but the driver on the xB can lock the windows, so the children in the end will be out of luck ;)
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by NeverBePeace
The thing about it is that there is no room for my family (2 kids and my wife) we had the 04 xb, but we don't have the xb anymore because of personal reasons. Now its a tight..unsafe place for my kids to be. Do I make sense? I feel the kids are more safer in the xb then in the tc. Am I right?
Well, if room and safety is the issue (which I don't blame you with kids and all) maybe you'd be better off looking for something used with 4 doors. Not being an **** at all (but it will sound like it) but you didn't consider those factors before buying the tC?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll be upside down.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I decided to trade it in, I was going to put in the difference to get the full amount of the tc that I owe.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well if you're thinking about going that route, I'd say try and sell the tC privately for the total you bought it for. If you can get that out of it, you can go pay it off, then take what you have left (if any) and/or what you plan on using to make up the difference on trade in, and use that as a down payment on the xB. How much did you pay for the tC and how much, if any, was the down payment?

I guess it could end up the same either way, but maybe if you get enough selling it on your own (usually you can make more than a dealer would give you) you might have something for a downpayment instead of just having the tC paid off and owing the full amount on the xB. I guess you'd have to see what the dealer will give you for your tC.

Sorry if that makes no sense at all, it tends to happen when I think out loud. lol.

Quick Reply: I JUST BOUGHT A TC IN NOV, NOW IM LOVING THE NEW XB'S LOL