Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

I wonder if this is coming out here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I wonder if this is coming out here...

Okay first im not sure where to put this topic... So i put it here^.^

anyways I just came back from japan... boo... and while my visit there i went to toyota's showroom. There i saw this. I'm not a xB fan and all and im sorry to xB people no offense haha... but when i saw this makes me wanna get one now... err this model of course^.^

Ionno call me weird but i like this... I see it around japan also people driving it.

its really big inside there ... i mean i been inside todays xB but i went inside this one its huge. also it looks like the seat in front can fit 3 people... weird...

anyways juss feel like sharin... cus sharin is carin

-Nakioki
Old 06-29-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

This should be in the 2008 xB rumors posts. Everyone says it is NOT coming here. There are haters and non haters of this design--personally I would like to see it........
Old 06-29-2006, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like it... im with the non haters =]

and oops^.^ i knew i shouldve posted there!!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it as well and think this is the next Xb
Old 06-29-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The toyota bB will not be coming here. that has been confirmed. I like the car and I wouldn't mind having it here but its not gonna happen.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww why is that
Old 06-30-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They stated the xB replacement will not be the bB. My guess it they want Scion to stand on its own and not simply be JDM toyotas being released in the US.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

A comparison of old bB (xB) and new bB:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...549&highlight=
Old 07-04-2006, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member

Default Next xB is the bB

When I lived in japan years ago, I was thinking, wow, it would be nice if the bB came to the states. Then, years later, it did...the xB. In every way, shape and form, it was the same car. So why would Toyota build a totally different car for 2008, when they already have a new bB model in japan? That doesn't make sense. My bet is the 2008 xB will be exactly the same as the 2006 bB.

If you can read Japanese, or have the patience to fumble around their site, you can see video and photos and specs of the new car.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While it may seem cost effective to simply import the new bB, it is a much different car than its predecessor. The new bB is described as "a car-shaped music player." While this theme seems to be doing very well in Japan doesn't mean it will be a success here in the states. Most people don't seem to like the design of the bB as much as the xB. Most are also screaming for more power, which the bB will not provide.

That being said, I personally like the bB. However, everything points to the 2nd gen. models being unique designs rather than another round of JDM Toyotas.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member

Default dreaming on

I have to say, I hope you're right...that it will be something different than the current bB in Japan. I agree...it's too much like an xA, or worse, a PT Cruiser!

My dream is that Toyota will jump ahead of themselves and put out a boxy hybrid. Or, at least offer a fuel efficient model. Otherwise, if the new xB is the current Japanese bB, I'm going to wait for the Nissan Cube...boxier and more fuel efficient and prettier on the eye than even the 2006 xB.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick note, hybrids depreciate too much be worth while. http://money.cnn.com/2006/03/06/Auto...hybrid_resale/
Old 07-04-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: dreaming on

It's been said before but anything such as turbos, AWD, hybrids etc. just aren't likely for Scion. Remember, their goal was to sell inexpensive cars. When the start thinking about adding those kind of things inexpensive goes out the window.

As far as good gas mileage goes the xA replacement is rumored to get 35-37 mpg on average. Thats pretty close to hybrid range and it has 130hp.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member

Default hybrid resale

Interesting article. But with Non-OPEC countries set to hit peak oil in the 2010s and toyota making all its cars available as hybrids by 2010, hybrid costs should come down while gas prices skyrocket. That would greatly alter the depreciation values of any non-hybrid car.

Anyway, fuel economy is one area scion should not give up on...its one of the biggest selling points for Toyotas. I'd have to give up on buying an xB if they did that.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I can understand the depreciation. They are tacking on everything but the sinks in their lounges to the sticker price of the hybrids! One advantage here is that you can ride in the carpool lane...........
Old 07-06-2006, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member

I don't hate it, but I agree, it looks too much like the PT Cruiser. It's too bad they won't make the Xb into a hybrid. Maybe in the way future when it is time for the hybrid prices to come down.

XA has the same HP as Xb - 103, that's why it gets such good gas mileage.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lonestar
They stated the xB replacement will not be the bB. My guess it they want Scion to stand on its own and not simply be JDM toyotas being released in the US.
Who is "they?"

I hope the new bB is the replacement for the current xB, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I'd be surprised if it did.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"They" is several Scion employees. Execs not dealers.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by OldYeller
I can understand the depreciation. They are tacking on everything but the sinks in their lounges to the sticker price of the hybrids! One advantage here is that you can ride in the carpool lane...........
I hate the fact they can ride in the carpool lane with one person in the car now, a few weeks ago I counted 12 Priuses in the car pool lane in less than 10 minutes. And they were all driving slow too. I couldn't even get the tC in the carpool lane until I passed them all up.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Its 100% confirmed by top level Toyota execs that the new bB will not be the new xB. It will be a totally different vehicle with unique features from the ground up. This isnt even an argument anymore. Its a fact. The new xA will be more fuel efficient. Compare it to the Corolla right now. The new xB will not be a big change in fuel economy...

Quick Reply: I wonder if this is coming out here...